Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Poll

Which Board Member would you most like to meet?

Side Show
- 6 (14.6%)
Jough
- 6 (14.6%)
AugustWest
- 3 (7.3%)
Bozack
- 5 (12.2%)
Linnea
- 3 (7.3%)
Hobot
- 5 (12.2%)
PMCD9
- 13 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: February 12, 2006, 02:57:30 am

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Award Presentation Thread: Mr/Ms Congeniality  (Read 11936 times)

AlohaDawg

• LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Award Presentation Thread: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« on: January 17, 2006, 02:16:43 am »

Vote for your dream date with a board member!

I deleted Alohadawg from nominations because the nominator made it clear it was only because I live in Hawaii.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 02:22:20 am by AlohaDawg »

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 606
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Award Presentation Thread: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 02:04:02 am »

Thank yew, ahem, thank you Sugah Rain.  May we never see the like of you again.

Moving on...

To present the award for Mr/Ms Congeniality we bring back the lovely Wombat's ass.  Wombat...

~Paul
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 636
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 02:06:01 am »

Mr/Ms Congeniality: Which Board member would you most like to have a Dream Date with?

Oh, so I am possibly the MVP, but none of you actually want to meet me, huh?  You wouldn't buy me a REAL can of Dr Pepper. All those hours trying to think of witty remarks, staring at the screen rewording them, rushing to correct typos before the little 'last edited' message appears - and this is the thanks I get. Well, I guess I'll just keep sitting here at my computer all by myself for the rest of -

What? Sorry?  Oh. Right. This isn't about me. Um.  Right.  Just a minute...

*sniff*

OK, the nominees are:

SideShow - You want to meet her before she becomes famous and, like any sensible person would, denies it when we say We Knew Her When.  Later we'll all check her plays out of the library and try to fool ourselves that the interesting characters are based on us.  We'll imagine that on some other messageboard somewhere, she's posting long, intricate stories of her days at TOUAMB.  It's an illusion, but it's a comforting illusion.  She would understand.

Jough - He is actually not God's Own Dick in person, but don't tell him I said so, because he will be angry that I've blown his cover.  Never lose sight of the terrifying fact that if not for his efforts, all of you imaginary people would not exist.   Look into the void and bow down - or better still, hit the tip jar.

AugustWest - Legal Counsel to TOUAMB.  He slouches against the wall, the shadow from the brim of his fedora falling on his face, your fate in his hands.  He answers you with a question. Then he slips away down the alley.

Bozack - Bozack is cooler than you.  He lives in NYC, he has a radio show, he'll organize a fundraiser so a lady can have sex. You'd never get a date with him unless you won it in a random drawing.  But you can dream.

Linnea - She has a fascinating, adventurous life so you don't have to. You can just sit back and watch. Like she's a movie star, but with much warmer outerwear.

Hobot - OK, guys, admit it.  You nominated her because she 'digs both ladies and fellows.'  She didn't mean fellows like YOU. You don't have a chance. Maybe if you're lucky she'll buy you a salad before she sends you home.

PMCD9 - Our Man Paul, making the world safe for moustaches everywhere. One of his fire-spitting pictures is worth a thousand of my lame words of introduction. 
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 02:07:06 am »

And the winner is:

PMCD9!

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 606
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 02:10:31 am »

Uhhhh..... wait I won?  No, that must be a mistake.  I'm not prepared for this.  I was sure one of the other more deserving
candidates would win so I didn't prepare an acceptance speech.  So here's my concelation speech.  I knew you would win [insert winners name
here] because you are obviously the most deserving.  I knew it would be close between you and [insert other candidates name here]
because you guys are really the tops on the board.  I mean it's not just my opinion obviously, everyone thinks so.  The results are
in, you guys win.  *Sigh* I'm really happy for you, honestly.  I never wanted to win anyway.  I mean this is just a joke right, who
cares.  Big deal, ha ha, real nice, i'm proud of you.  So you've got the ToUAMBIE, la te dah, ain't you special.  The people love
you more than they do me.  Is that how it is, you love that asshole more than me?  What is wrong with you people, haven't I been
good to you?  Haven't I treated you right?  What did I do wrong, tell me and i'll change, I promise I will.  *Sob* What do these
jerks have that I don't?  (from the crowd- They've got a TOUAMBIE)  I'll kill you!!!  I'll fuckin' kill you.  I'll rip out your
jugular vein with my teeth, i'll... i'll... get your hands off of me pig (officer draws tazer- bzzzzzzzzzzz)  (Paul falls to the
stage with a thud).

~Paul
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

• Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 770
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 02:12:38 am »

This is why you won Paul.

I'm just flattered by Wombat's description.
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

• God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 145
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 02:15:35 am »

I can't believe you people picked Paul over me.  I'm ten times more interes... oh wait.  I've seen his photos.  Paul is obviously the Correkt Choice here.  Congratulations to Paul.

For those six depraved people who picked me, I would just like to say that if you are a good looking lady, hell, even if you aren't that good looking, PM me and I will make your dream of meeting me come true (per all of my expenses are paid, of course).

For the fellas who voted for me... sorry, man.  It's just not going to happen.  I can appreciate the pink team, but I do not play for it.

side_show

• Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 02:18:52 am »

Way to go Paul!  You rock.

It's truly an honour to be nominated amongst such a wonderful crowd.  You folks are the reason why I come here all the time. 

I have a single concession speech written for both the awards I'm nominated for, so I'll post after I lose in the other category too.

Cheers to all, and thanks to Wombat for your kind words!
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Hobot

• DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 02:22:39 am »

Wow, I never thought Id see the day when I am nominated for a Mr/Ms Congeniality Award on a message board.  And to be honest, its a little overwhelming.  And by overwhelming, I mean creepy.  Because even though I didn't win (mad props to Paul and his moustache, yo!), the fact remains that five of you voted for me.  Let me explain why.

You see, it all started when I posted this fateful photo on this fateful thread.  After that, my Tiny Can Count skyrocketed, over a period of a few days, to about 20.  Clearly, people want to have Maximum Cuddles with me.  When I divulged that I dig both ladies and fellows, my popularity continued to grow.

Im not complaining.  The compliment-whore in me is satiated, and I am flattered that five anonymous, potentially shady people would hit this.  I think we can all agree that its a good thing Im 18.

They say that its an honour just to be nominated, and it is! a creepy, creepy honour.

So thank you, TOUAMBers, for nominating me Mr/Ms Congeniality 2005.  I know that if your nomination of me didnt come from the heart, it at least came from the genitals.  And hey, thats, like, the second-best place!

Lastly, in addition to being Black History Month, February is Stalker Awareness Month.  Id like to thank all of you for making me Aware.

With warm wishes from an undisclosed location,
   Hobot
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Carlos del Vaca

• The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Homosexuals the Gorilla
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1312
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 02:48:57 pm »

When I made nominations, for this category I said "If Paul doesn't win this, I'm quitting the board."  That picture explains exactly why.  Thanks, fellow Acheheads, for not forcing me to quit the board.
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

• God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 03:44:30 pm »

Oh man, I knew I should have fixed the results!  Double-Bonus!

CortJstr

• Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 337
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
    • Rarely updated random quotes
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 03:58:28 pm »

Oh man, I knew I should have fixed the results!  Double-Bonus!

Actually there was talk ahead of time of annoucing you as the winner of every category to give the appearance that you'd fixed it. Even shit that made no sense like Insidious Language.

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 04:04:24 pm »

I would totally have voted for Jough for Most Disturbing Avatar.

V-Adore

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 08:55:04 pm »

C'mon, guys. Jough for Worst First Effort! How n00bish is it to post a "HI, I'M HERE" thread without even a link to the strip or an insinuation of sexiness?

(I kid, I kid, I kid, don't hit, etc.)

jough

• God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 06:42:25 am »

Oh man, if I wasn't flying high from making t-shirt goodness, I would thwapp each and every one of you.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up