Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Guinness Float  (Read 9588 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Guinness Float
« on: January 17, 2006, 05:50:50 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 07:43:23 am »

A float in a bowl sounds a little odd, but the flavor should be the same as in a glass or mug. Interesting.

If you could put the ice cream in the mug and then hard freeze them before pouring the Guinness over, maybe that would cut down on the soupiness....
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 01:23:28 pm »

With Guinness?

As a kid I used to have them with lemonade, and while I can almost imagine it working with Guinness, it does sound a bit odd.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 01:46:47 pm »

As a kid I used to have them with lemonade, and while I can almost imagine it working with Guinness, it does sound a bit odd.

No, I believe the term you're looking for is "delicious."

On a separate but related topic - I was buying vanilla ice cream yesterday to top some fudge brownies I'll be serving at dinner tonight.  I was looking for the best and most creamy possible vanilla ice cream, preferably one with actual vanilla bean visible.  When I finally found one (Breyer's, I think it's the one miles used), my girlfriend was like "Gross, it's got SPECKS in it!"  I spent 10 minutes trying to convince her that the specks were where deliciousness lived, to no avail.

Now I have Edy's double vanilla and will just have to live without.  Damn anti-vanilla lobby.

On the other hand, now that I may have some leftover, it's pretty important I buy some Guinness and give this a whirl.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 06:20:18 pm »


On a separate but related topic - I was buying vanilla ice cream yesterday to top some fudge brownies I'll be serving at dinner tonight.  I was looking for the best and most creamy possible vanilla ice cream, preferably one with actual vanilla bean visible.  When I finally found one (Breyer's, I think it's the one miles used), my girlfriend was like "Gross, it's got SPECKS in it!"  I spent 10 minutes trying to convince her that the specks were where deliciousness lived, to no avail.


What does she do with mint chocolate chip? Eat around the cippity goodness that is chocolate? Sigh...her loss though.

As for the Guinness float, looks good, seems good so it must be great right? I'm going to try it next time I get some Guinness but I don't think I'm going to try and get a bottle just to do this (underage makes it sometimes difficult). I think it would be better in a chilled mug, kinda like a root beer float. That's just me though.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 11:46:20 pm »

What does she do with mint chocolate chip? Eat around the cippity goodness that is chocolate? Sigh...her loss though.

As for the Guinness float, looks good, seems good so it must be great right? I'm going to try it next time I get some Guinness but I don't think I'm going to try and get a bottle just to do this (underage makes it sometimes difficult). I think it would be better in a chilled mug, kinda like a root beer float. That's just me though.

I think I will try it in a chilled mug, too.  I'll have to get a new one.  It will just feel wrong using my A&W mug for this.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 03:22:21 am »

I was looking for the best and most creamy possible vanilla ice cream, preferably one with actual vanilla bean visible.  When I finally found one (Breyer's, I think it's the one miles used), my girlfriend was like "Gross, it's got SPECKS in it!"  I spent 10 minutes trying to convince her that the specks were where deliciousness lived, to no avail.

You need to break up with her.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 03:30:00 am »

You need to break up with her.

~Paul

I wasn't going to say this, but if Paul thinks it's OK... I second it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 01:41:13 pm »

Well, I'm back to report that the ice cream, despite not having specks, was delicious - although it might've been the warm brownie under it that did the trick.  Also, I'm considering posting the recipe for the roasted pork chop entree somewhere, since no fewer than 2 people declared it "the best pork chop of my life."

I don't think I'll break up with her over her non-appreciation of vanilla, but I'm certainly doing my best to reform her - she's come a long way into the world of deliciousness, there's just a few things I need to work out...
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 01:44:59 pm »

Nonsense!  Break up with her!  it is the only sensible thing to do!  After all, the Internet said so.

The Internet!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 12:40:21 am »

I think I found the missing ingredient that separates this from the likes of ambrosia or manna - Guinness Ice Cream.

If I ever get my ass in gear (and get an ice cream maker), I am ALL ABOUT THIS.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 12:53:59 am »

I think I found the missing ingredient that separates this from the likes of ambrosia or manna - Guinness Ice Cream.

If I ever get my ass in gear (and get an ice cream maker), I am ALL ABOUT THIS.

WOOOO!  I just need to find an ice cream maker now.

Quote from: acoxcae
she's come a long way into the world of deliciousness

hee hee hee
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 07:15:41 pm »

Yeah rather than breaking up with your girlfriend you may want to just get an ice cream maker and then you can work together to build an ice cream you both enjoy. It is a bonding experience to make ice cream with another person. I have one and it did not cost me much and it is magical. Home-made chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cups...home-made French vanilla with a warm brownie and caramel...home-made mango sorbet with, um, a spoon and a bowl. These are simple and easy-to-make delights that I cannot live without now that I have lived with them.

That Guinness ice cream looked pretty interesting, I have never made an ice cream with molasses before. You would definitely have to refridgerate it for way more than 2 hours though or you will get soup.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 08:14:25 pm »

There is a place in my neighborhood that makes Guiness ice cream. I think they are Jamaican, is Guiness a big thing there?  Anyway, if you are ever passing through the DC area I will tell you where they are.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Guinness Float
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 08:27:48 pm »

When I was in Puerto Rico, I had Nutella ice cream.  Which was fuck*ng FANTASTIC.  Should you ever encounter this elsewhere, partciulary in the DC area, please call me 911.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up