Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan 17, 2006 - Mouth Full of Peppers and the Old Book of 1920s College Dares  (Read 5917 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01172006

I laughed harder at this one than I've laughed at the rest of this phone-ball storyline.

Nice facial expressions, especially in panels six and seven.

[Fixed year - Cort]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 02:13:52 pm by CortJstr »
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile

I like the way Ray's strange leg (fat, yet sinewy) extends and circles as he comes up with with a business concept to tell his mother.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile

Folks, I'd like to point out that Nuero here deserves a little love for using his FIRST post to start a daily comic thread and getting it right.

Thanks, man, you're restoring my faith in humanity. Have a Dr Pepper on me.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Dammit... neuro signed up and posted?  That means I have to unblock him from the room now.  :P

Anyway, yes, this amused me.  I'm wondering if we actually get to see Raymond Q Smuckles' Mom now or if this just peters off.  No ball pun intended of course.

Also, ideas not used for excuses to his mom - swallowing vodka with a giraffe in it, cramming as many people as possible into a telephone booth, trying to drink a whole gallon of milke, etc.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Folks, I'd like to point out that Nuero here deserves a little love for using his FIRST post to start a daily comic thread and getting it right.

Thanks, man, you're restoring my faith in humanity. Have a Dr Pepper on me.

I don't know, he really could have done a better job with the linkage.  And he got the date wrong, it's 2006 you idiot.  fuck*ng newbies.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Yeah, and the thread title should be a line from the strip.  Unless you really think you can write better than Onstad. 

But we'll let it go just this once.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

I think we can all agree that it's a better first effort than most people.  A Dr Pepper is warranted.  After all, I write the date on things probably 10 times a day and I'm still screwing up 2006 occasionally.

The strip is better than I thought it would be - I'm pretty much done with this storyline, and think I said yesterday that one more strip should do it.  But now I need one more, so I guess that makes Onstad a good writer/cartoonist/salesman.

In any case, as Ray has to dig deeper in his excuse folder, it's interesting to see what comes out.  Tomorrow, I'm pretty sure the x-mas card company is going to have to fold and move to Barbados due to tax-exempt status violations.  I'm almost sure of this.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

if Ray's mom is the kind of old person we have around here, tax-exempt problems are the perfect reason. because, of course, the got-damn government should get its nose out of our business! its those crazy liberals, hating kids who got surgery on christmas, because they hate everything that is nice!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm

I think I'm the only one that has enjoyed the storyline.  It's no 'Party in the Bathroom' and it's not as good as the 'Heaven' storylines, but there have been some great lines in the strips.  And, come on, nut sacks on cellphones!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile

The strip begs the question: What were Todd's motivations for inviting Ray's mom?

Is it because Ray's mom is actually a pleasant person if you aren't Ray?
Or is it because Todd is an asshole and a jerkwad?
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

The strip begs the question: What were Todd's motivations for inviting Ray's mom?

Partner for snortin' 8-balls and buttsex maybe?   That's the only thing I can see Todd T. Squirrel trying to invite women to do.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile

Partner for snortin' 8-balls and buttsex maybe?   That's the only thing I can see Todd T. Squirrel trying to invite women to do.

Yeah, man, he's got hips to serve.
Welcome, neuro. I like the thread title, and will be naming my band "Mouth Full of Peppers and the Old Book of 1920s College Dares." We used to be "Mouth Full of Marbles and the Screamers," but Kurt Cobain took that one.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

Partner for snortin' 8-balls and buttsex maybe?   That's the only thing I can see Todd T. Squirrel trying to invite women to do.

I stand by my opinion that Todd's a new squirrel, thanks to Gavin's leeches. You people have no faith in humanity? I mean, squirrel-ty?

Also, now that we all know Ray's middle name, what's Todd's?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I stand by my opinion that Todd's a new squirrel, thanks to Gavin's leeches. You people have no faith in humanity? I mean, squirrel-ty?

Also, now that we all know Ray's middle name, what's Todd's?

Well his full name is Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirrel so I'm not sure which of those qualifies as "middle"
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile

Also, now that we all know Ray's middle name, what's Todd's?

The.

or TOUAMB.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up