Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington Utah  (Read 35160 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2006, 02:05:14 pm »

Good God, that gorge looks fantastic. Why is British geography so crap compared to everywhere else? They have gorges in America. They have gorges in France, for chris'sake.

You miss the most important point.  Paul's arms span the gorge.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2006, 05:15:10 pm »

Why is British geography so crap compared to everywhere else?

Mr Stevens begs to differ, sir.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2006, 06:58:30 pm »

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time.

Most of these pictures, you are in.  Who is taking them?  Who was with you at the gorge, for instance?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2006, 11:51:29 pm »

Also, welcome to Utah, Paul!

If you're ever up this way pm me and I'll buy you a beer.

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2006, 01:59:36 am »

Most of these pictures, you are in.  Who is taking them?  Who was with you at the gorge, for instance?

If I told you it would spoil the magic.*

~Paul

*If i'm alone, i'll place the camera on a flat surface, sometimes I'll use a tripod, and I use this.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2006, 02:01:13 am »

If you're ever up this way pm me and I'll buy you a beer.

I'll be up your way soon.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2006, 02:02:10 am »

I'll be up your way soon.

~Paul

OMINOUS!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2006, 02:22:03 am »

Paul, that photo of you standing over the gorge somehow makes me fear for my own life, as well as yours!

I am so very afraid of heights.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2006, 02:44:54 am »

Paul, that photo of you standing over the gorge somehow makes me fear for my own life, as well as yours!

I only wish that I were wearing my headphones.  I'm livin' on the edge baby.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2006, 12:03:45 pm »

I am so very afraid of heights.

I was expressing the same concern, Hobot. I don't think there's any way I could have gotten that close to the gorge's edge, especially facing the other direction. I am a total wuss. For me, it's not so much heights as is falling. I can go to the 35th story of a building okay, and I love the window seat on the airplane. But I can't climb an 8 foot ladder unless I'm able to hold onto something sturdy.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2006, 09:17:22 pm »

I was expressing the same concern, Hobot. I don't think there's any way I could have gotten that close to the gorge's edge, especially facing the other direction. I am a total wuss. For me, it's not so much heights as is falling. I can go to the 35th story of a building okay, and I love the window seat on the airplane. But I can't climb an 8 foot ladder unless I'm able to hold onto something sturdy.

It's heights and falling, for me.  Oftentimes, as I am drifting off to sleep, I get the sensation that I am suddenly falling from a great height, and I violently twitch myself awake.  This is also accompanied by a sharp intake of air and a shriek.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2006, 09:57:03 pm »

It's heights and falling, for me.  Oftentimes, as I am drifting off to sleep, I get the sensation that I am suddenly falling from a great height, and I violently twitch myself awake.  This is also accompanied by a sharp intake of air and a shriek.

That's quite common, isn't it? Especially after having had a stressful day (either physically or mentally). Something about your muscles relaxing when you're falling asleep, causing the sensation of actually falling.

Of course, I might be also talking complete nonsense. In which case sorry. But yeah, I've had that too.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 03:03:31 am »

That's quite common, isn't it? Especially after having had a stressful day (either physically or mentally). Something about your muscles relaxing when you're falling asleep, causing the sensation of actually falling.

Of course, I might be also talking complete nonsense. In which case sorry. But yeah, I've had that too.

I believe you are right. Something like that anyways. I, too, have experienced this falling sensation numerous times. And while I'm not scared of heights or falling or whatnot, it scares me every time! DAMN YOU FALLING SENSATION!
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 01:35:19 pm »

I had always heard that it was a flashback to doctors dropping you a few inches and then catching you as a reflex check or something. Then again, the last time I discussed this phenomenon, I was about 9, so I didn't have access to all the medical research available.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2006, 01:46:13 pm »

Or maybe just a flash back to the last time you fell?  The time you fell when you were tripping...on acid?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up