Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington Utah  (Read 35115 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2006, 03:18:31 am »

AGHHH
I've been ignoring this thread because I, for some reason, assumed it would only be about Utah...

OH my LORD you people have to try Real sopaipillas. The Chilean kind. My grandmother on my mom's side makes them, and holy hell are they delicious. they're like...
hm.
there is a wikipedia entry that explains the difference here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sopaipilla

I tried to copy and paste, and for some reason it won't let me.
I don't know about the validity of this, though... the way my grandmother makes them, they're about 1/3 of an inch thick, and 3 inches across. not really tortilla-like at all. we eat them with cheese and ham like little sandwiches, but that's probably inauthentic.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2006, 04:00:45 am »

A scone, is of course, of Irish origin, from the Gaeilge word meaning "hard dense flavourless hunk of bread that tastes like what you'd imagine a baby from the loins of sand and dried toothpaste would taste like."



*COUGH* scottish *ahem*

You're right about the definition though, regardless of how I can enjoy a scone at times. I think the main thing is that the scone reacts adversely when it meets saliva, which proves to be somewhat of a problem unless you're a very old Scots woman.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 04:06:07 am by slink »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2006, 05:17:14 am »

I'll get into the whole Utah thing later, but Paul, if you ever get out my way (PDX, OR) we'll hook up for beverages and some sort of show. Hell, that's true for any of you, but especially Paul.

And Wombat.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2006, 01:09:01 pm »

And Wombat.

Same to you if you ever come in the other direction.  Beverages and, um, if I say something like "I'll show you my snakes if you show me your tattoos," blame it on MisterQueue.  He has been a terrible, terrible influence in your absence.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2006, 01:21:23 pm »

Same to you if you ever come in the other direction.  Beverages and, um, if I say something like "I'll show you my snakes if you show me your tattoos," blame it on MisterQueue.  He has been a terrible, terrible influence in your absence.

Don't blame me if I'm a Sick Fuck.  I was made that way by my creator.  Which of course means Dr. Digistein at Cybernectic Inc.  Shoutouts to all my Cyborgies out in West Berlin.  WORD UP MY DROOGS!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 01:28:36 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2006, 04:37:21 pm »

Same to you if you ever come in the other direction.

Is this where I'm supposed to say that I come in all directions?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2006, 04:45:57 pm »

I'll get into the whole Utah thing later, but Paul, if you ever get out my way (PDX, OR) we'll hook up for beverages and some sort of show. Hell, that's true for any of you, but especially Paul.

And Wombat.

Thank you Nabu.  I thought you were in the farthest reaches of civilization, stuck in some piece of frozen tundra somewhere.  But you are in Portland now?  I don't know if i'll be coming that way, but I would love to meet you, especially if Wombat is going to be there.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2006, 04:59:54 pm »

Is this where I'm supposed to say that I come in all directions?

OK, obviously you haven't trained me well enough yet Q, I completely didn't realize that I had left myself wide open to that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2006, 05:02:55 pm »

OK, obviously you haven't trained me well enough yet Q, I completely didn't realize that I had left myself wide open to that.

I am not about to train you that well.  For one, my whip is broken.  For two, where's the fun if you cease to be appalled/shocked/tittilated.  For three, SOMETIMES THINGS ARE GOOD WHEN THEY ARE WIDE OPEN.


Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2006, 05:14:40 pm »

For two, where's the fun if you cease to be appalled/shocked/tittilated.  .

Don't worry Mister Q for you I will try to never completely lose my delicate sensibilities.

But can I still give Nabu tiny cans for the picture of his nipple ring?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2006, 06:32:09 pm »

I thought you were in the farthest reaches of civilization, stuck in some piece of frozen tundra somewhere.  But you are in Portland now?

~Paul

I'm in PDX for two weeks, and then stuck in some frozen tundra (not Lambeau Field) for two weeks. Oftentimes I see poor aged eskimos floating by on their ice floes as their families happily wave to them and tell them they are going to a better place.

They never believe it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2006, 07:32:28 pm »

So Paul, I'm still wondering, is this your permanent place to be or do you have a dream about living somewhere with people and working somewhere that looks less like Mordor?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2006, 10:59:05 pm »

Q, I'm just glad I'm not the resident sick fuck around here anymore.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2006, 11:00:48 pm »

You see there everyone, Jough confirms that I provide a valuable service.*



* And if anyone wants to experience that service then meet me down at the docks; WITHOUT #####.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2006, 03:02:03 am »

That's not what I got from Jough's statement at all, but I guess everyone needs external validation sometimes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up