Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: unnecessary!  (Read 7167 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 03:35:59 am »

I would have dyed my hair red, even, but I'm glad I didn't bother 'cause I still wouldn't've won.

But it was black and white . . .
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 03:37:19 am »

I seem to remember red hair in a colored strip.

Edit:  Oh, the photo.  ME = IDIOT.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 03:40:42 am »

Well, if I had dyed my hair red, I would've left the photo in color. I decided to convert it to black and white because
1. The strip is PRIMARILY in black and white
2. I, well, DIDN'T bother to dye my hair red, so me in color looks far less like Molly. As I'm a blonde.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 03:57:18 am »

I didn't mean that you look like a cat.  Your face looks like Molly's face.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 04:05:03 am »

Welcome, littlefox. You did an extremely good job in the costume contest -- better than all of those "thong and cat ears" Rays, definitely.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 05:41:32 am »

I wanted to do one of the nude scenes with Molly and Beef and find a place that looked like a shed and set the whole thing up with the mattress on the floor and stuff ... but I couldn't find a guy with the time to do that.

That's almost certainly untrue.

Also, i'm the one who said you would have won with more skin and I stand by that assessment.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 06:37:08 am »

Yeah, if you showed a little more skin you probably would've won.  The winner of that contest did not have a very good costume - certainly not enough to win a contest whose title is preceded by the word "costume."

Also, welcome to the board.  Don't lurk just because mostly a few sick fucks post here.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 11:03:04 am »

Also, welcome to the board.  Don't lurk just because mostly a few sick fucks post here.

Awww.. jough loves me; like in a prison kinda way.  That's sweet.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 04:06:00 pm »

This post has made me sad as I remember how many really funny and good costumes there were, and how a really not funny or good one was somehow named winner.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 05:21:57 pm »

This post has made me sad as I remember how many really funny and good costumes there were, and how a really not funny or good one was somehow named winner.

See also
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006, 07:14:20 pm »

This post has made me sad as I remember how many really funny and good costumes there were, and how a really not funny or good one was somehow named winner.

Well, I don't really think my costume was that good, but the Lie Bot guy was excellent. Also, The L.I.N.C.O.L.N. guy. Oh well. We all know who deserved to win, and that's what's important.
Maybe Onstad should do the contest based on votes, except he never would because I don't even think he likes fans very much. Not in a bad way. Just in a reclusive oh-no-people way.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006, 07:44:13 pm »

Well, he did a return a PM from me one time which had nothing to do with merchandise or the strip so I don't think he hates fans. I think he's mainly kind of self-conscious about the whole thing- I mean, it is probably absurd to go to your HS reunion or meet old freinds or worse, old relatives and explain that you draw cartoons in the internet for a living. Regardless of how good you are at it, that's gotta be occasionally tough. Then if they say "what is it" or "what is it about?" You say.....well, what do you say to your Aunt Mildred or the nice Nun who was your 5th grade art teacher?

Plus you got weirdos stalking you or your DOG on the internet. And/or in real lfe. So, yeah, what with a family and all I can see why he plays his cards pretty close to his vest. I don't think he's a sociopath, I think he's just ttying to live a normal lfe while simulatanoeusly writing and drawing funny things centering around a cat who wears a thoing, walks upright, and converses with alive stuffed animals.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2006, 08:00:04 pm »

Well he's always answered my email so he obviously thinks there is nothing wrong with stalking a dog on the internet. So there.

But seriously, you don't have to hate your fans to not want to run your contest by a vote.  He just wants to choose his own scantily clad ladies.  And hey, who wouldn't?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 08:08:48 pm »

What got to me about the contest winner is how weirdly high-concept it was. Like... okay, so you made a dress out of newspapers and played a singing saw while sitting on the fender of a Volvo. Okay. Shine on, you crazy diamond, but that's not an Achewood costume. That's not even recreating an Achewood scenario. That's, at best, using Achewood leitmotifs, and I vastly preferred the people who did authentic costumes or replicated situations simply (like L.I.N.C.O.L.N., with his Blue Nun, or the guy with the pasted-up speech bubble).
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 08:11:47 pm »

Agreed. I totally thought at least two others were better. And the notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N. was awesome.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up