Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: As promised last night in chat...  (Read 8338 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
As promised last night in chat...
« on: January 21, 2006, 01:52:13 am »

Pictures of my new office.

I have hung a shingle.  My office is in a 140 year old building in the heart of downtown Frankfort.  I can see the state Capitol and the Kentucky River from my window.  Without further ado:

The building from the outside.
Plaque.  Mmm, historical.
Architectural detail.
My door.
The reception area.
My diplomas, looking through the office.
The conference room.
The conference room, again.
My inner office and desk.
Inner office again.
View from one my front windows.

And a completely different subject:

Boxers sleeping in the sun.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 02:06:15 am »

I would buy lawyering in that office.  Way to go Mr. Dempsey.  You shoot your gun and the laws be dancin'.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 02:14:04 am »

Oh, nice.

One small suggestion:  I'm not sure the microwave on top of the refrigerator inspires confidence.  Couldja put it on a table?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 02:18:34 am »

Oh, nice.

One small suggestion:  I'm not sure the microwave on top of the refrigerator inspires confidence.  Couldja put it on a table?

See, see what I mean?  You make a few innocent passes at the woman and the next thing you know she's trying to re arrange your furniture.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 02:20:00 am »

WAIT a minute.  It only just now hit me that August and Jough have the same last name IRL.  What are the odds?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 03:10:27 am »

WAIT a minute.  It only just now hit me that August and Jough have the same last name IRL.  What are the odds?

Have we ever seen them in the same room together?

Anyway, very nice. I especially like the cute boxers, but that may just be because I'm listening to "The Boxer" right now and it seemed sort of like kismet.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 03:12:59 am »

Have we ever seen them in the same room together?

Oh wow, I'm having a Fight Club moment....
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 03:26:57 am »

blah blah blah...non important blahs...I'm listening to "The Boxer" right now and...whatever blah blah blah.

Is that "The Boxer" by The Chemical Brothers (featuring Tim Burgess) off the Push the Button album?

hmmm?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 03:28:35 am »

Does it mean I'm old if I just immediately assumed Simon and Garfunkle?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 03:30:19 am »

Does it mean I'm old if I just immediately assumed Simon and Garfunkle?

Um yeah is there another one?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 03:56:30 am »

It's Garfunkel dammit.

Oh what do I care, he's just a singer with a pretty voice.  He ain't shit without Paul Simon.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 03:57:40 am »

It's Garfunkel dammit.

Oh what do I care, he's just a singer with a pretty voice.  He ain't shit without Paul Simon.

~Paul

I realized that too late.

Come chat, Paul.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 04:07:29 am »

Um yeah is there another one?

I think so...maybe not.

Quote from: Hobo fuck*ng Frenzy
Is that "The Boxer" by The Chemical Brothers (featuring Tim Burgess) off the Push the Button album?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 04:09:07 am »

Dude, that's all like Ching Chong Wing Wong to us old fucks.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 04:40:05 am »

It was the Garfunkel. I haven't heard of the other one either.

Now I feel old.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up