Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: As promised last night in chat...  (Read 8312 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 04:44:13 am »

V, let me assure you that you are most certainly NOT old.

Bask in your youth.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 04:56:25 am »

Congratulations, Cuz.  I expect many years of prosperity lie ahead of you.

That's a nice view from the window.  Also, the wall behind your desk is oval?  That's pretty sweet.

So how far of a commute is it to work now?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 05:04:53 am »

Same as it ever was.  About 25 minutes.
 
Yes, it is a curved wall.  It's pretty sweet.  Check out the outside picture, it's shows the curvature.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 05:06:33 am »

I saw that.

So what type of law is your focus (focus isn't the right word - but I'm tired and half-in-the-bag and can't think of the word that means your legal concentration)?  Still construction/industry?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 05:09:52 am »

Administrative, which would include construction.

Anything where you're dealing with an agency and not a court.

I can do courts too, no problem, but I think there's an underserved market segment available.  Plus it's what I know how to do best.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 02:59:26 pm »

Does it mean I'm old if I just immediately assumed Simon and Garfunkle?

I'm wondering what it means if I automatically assumed Carbon Leaf.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 03:53:47 pm »

Is Carbon Leaf a band name? It sure is a better band name than Simon and Garfunkel.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 03:57:48 pm »

Hey Aug,

Your new office is great.  

It looks just like the sort of law office - both interior and exterior- that a dame would go to in a black and white film noir movie.  And she would be all hysterical, and you would have to slap her across the face to bring her back to her senses.  

Either that, or your office sort of looks like an   Edward Hopper painting.

Are you going to hire a receptionist who files her nails and subtly flirts with you?  
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 04:13:19 pm »

Smells is totally right.  Even the name goes with it.

It was a quiet night here in the middle of nowhere.  This is a place where dreams go to die and men with hardened souls shrivel up in their winter shacks and do themselves unspeakable horrors.  It's a place where women live at the mercy of such men, their cries for justice echoing in my ears like the empty glass of bourbon nearby.

I watched her slide in slowly on legs made of sweet heavy cream.  She looked at me under the brim of her hat and her eyes shimmered knife-like; stabbing into a dead heart that I thought long ago had stopped beating for such pleasures. 

"I need someone.  Someone to listen," she said, her eyes misting like exhaust on a cold Kentucky day. 

I was that someone.  I was, Frank L. Dempsey, attourney at law!


Damn.. seriously.. the amount of adventures you're already having ...IN MY MIND.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 04:18:35 pm »

Tiny Cans for Smells and Q.  Someone take one away from me for not making a similar observation.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 04:57:34 pm »

Telling people to take away a can?  Why in my book that earns you another can! 

Also, mister, your hard-boiled prose is excellent!  Bravo, brav-oh-ho-ho-hooooo.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 05:02:26 pm »

Mr Online, I gave you a can, but tell me where is the suck fucktitude?  Could be the legs made out of sweet heavy cream I suppose.

Butter legs.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 05:24:03 pm »

Dang, that kind of makes me want to go in to work.  Who knows what I'm missing!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 05:49:25 pm »

Dang, that kind of makes me want to go in to work.  Who knows what I'm missing!

And when you do go, don't forget your fedora and trench coat.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: As promised last night in chat...
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 06:26:13 pm »

Paul, butter legs could be Sick Fuckery I suppose.  But I suspect that it would truly come from the evil that is the opponents of Frank L. Dempsey, Attourney at Law!

There he was in the courtroom, sitting with a smug grin that yellowed with years of tar stains and bravado; his gap-toothed smile staring at me like a set of keys to a door someone has long since forgotten.  His lawyer stood nearby.  Francis Dellacotte, I knew him rather well.  A slimy rat who'd do anything or anyone for a buck; and over the years he'd done em all.  In my pocket I fingered the only partner I trusted; my Sheaffer Legacy Victorian fountain pen.  All the years and she was the only woman who'd ever stayed by my side through those long lonely nights in darkened libraries.

Man, I'd start serializing this, but it'd probably get old.  However from now on, all of AW's posts read this way in my mind.

(Speaking of which can you be an attourney at anything else?)

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up