Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TAB(?)  (Read 21202 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
TAB(?)
« on: January 21, 2006, 08:45:32 am »

What the FUCK did I just drink?  Was that DIET CINNAMON soda that I just put in my body?

That shit is staring at me from inside the refriderator, I just know it.  It's like that Poe poem with the..... fuck, body part, under the floor boards?  Eye?  Heart?  Okay I guess it's not so much like that since I can't remember what exactly I'm referencing.

Moral of the story?

Sometimes you shouldn't drink everything you see in the movie "The Zero Effect."

Did any of you bitter old people drink this swill when it was hip and new and jive?
Logged
R U Passionate??

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 03:06:08 pm »

Never had TaB, but I've pondered it.

The two worst carbonated beverages I've ever had:

Beverly, which as the Wikipedia article would suggest, I tasted at the Coke museum in Atlanta.

Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray, which is as advertised - soda that tastes like celery. Which is to say, tastes like ass. Wikipedia says it kinda tastes like ginger ale. It does not taste like anything but celery ass.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 03:51:55 pm »

They're making Tab again now?  I also saw a billboard that they are making Fresca again.  People, these things were not that good the first time around.  Maybe they died for a reason.

I blame it on the baby boomers.  Can we just not move on already people?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 04:04:21 pm »

Here's the creepy part - they NEVER DIED.  I have been able to get TaB and Fresca constantly for very many years now - it's just that every now and then they reintroduce them in an effort to convince people that they don't suck.  In the case of TaB, they're wrong.  But one of the new Frescas (Black Cherry, I think), is actually decent and drinkable, as opposed to the "old" Fresca.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 04:14:47 pm »

ZOMBIE TAB AND FRESCA!  9 out of 10 undead prefer them in a blind, deaf, flesh-rotting taste test!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 04:22:00 pm »

They're making Tab again now?  I also saw a billboard that they are making Fresca again.  People, these things were not that good the first time around.  Maybe they died for a reason.

I blame it on the baby boomers.  Can we just not move on already people?

Thursday, January 19 at 7:00PM || Leonard Steinhorn || At Olsson's Penn Quarter/The Lansburgh, 418 7th St., NW, 202-638-7610
Professor at American University's School of Communications, Leonard Steinhorn discusses his new book, The Greater Generation: In Defense of the Baby Boom Legacy.

It boggles the mind.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 05:27:20 pm »

I've always liked Fresca.  My grandmother gave it to me when I was little.

But Tab?  Man that's shits enough to make you thank God for Aspertame.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 06:05:26 pm »

Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray, which is as advertised - soda that tastes like celery. Which is to say, tastes like ass. Wikipedia says it kinda tastes like ginger ale. It does not taste like anything but celery ass.

Let's be fair to Cel-Ray Tonic: it says right on the can/bottle that it is soda that tastes like celery. If you do not think this is a good idea and yet you drink it anyway, you have nobody to blame but yourself.
(It really does taste just like celery.)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 06:24:09 pm »

Man, the Cel-Rays are one of my favorite 60's surf bands.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 07:24:09 pm »

I have had the Black Cherry Fresca and liked it, but I like normal Fresca too. Maybe I'm a freak of nature.

This is getting off the carbonation topic slightly, but on the subject of "weird beverages I did not actually believe existed": while at the liquor store on a dorm booze run, I was amused to discover that, next to the cinnamon schnapps and peppermint schnapps, you can actually buy a pre-mixed cinnamon/peppermint schnapps. I'm sure this product has been around for a while, but can this possibly be a good idea?! It sounds ten kinds of vile.

(I realize these are harsh words from someone who, just yesterday, bought a nine-dollar bottle of dsturbingly red cherry vodka, but work with me here.)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 07:56:36 pm »

Wow.  It's funny you should mention Zero Effect because I have never seen it and it just showed up in my mailbox from Netflix minutes before I read this thread.  De de de doo de de de doo...

Yeah, they've been making Fresca and Tab for years.  Fresca is like Sprite only with grapefruit instead of lemon and lime.  It's refreshing, and always diet.

Tab is another diet soda where there's no regular Tab and diet Tab, there's just Tab.

Is it still in those cute pink cans?

The "Tanqueray and Tab" was a popular girly drink back in the late 70s.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 08:36:51 pm »

See, I live in a place where indeed TaB and Fresca have never gone away.  They are the items in store refreshment fridges that are always stocked on the bottom shelf, out of the place where glancing, unseeking eyes might search for them, but they are always there.

The sodas I miss are Tahiti Treat, Crystal Pepsi, and PC Chocolate Soda. 

Tahiti Treat used to be a drink labelled as such when I was younger, then it was taken off the market.  Crush came out with some limited edition flavour favorites a few summers ago and one of them was Crush:Tahiti Treat, and it was almost exactly the same as the original, and I was all over it.  But it was a limited time thing, and now it's gone.  I loved Crystal Pepsi.  Loved it.  I imagine I would still like it, but I'm pretty sure that my love of PC Chocolate Soda was a childhood thing, and if they made it again I would totally hate it.  The Chocolate Soda had an illustrated picture of a chocolate bar on the can, and it looked just like cola, to the point where the chocolate taste was always a surprise to me, even though I new it said "Chocolate" on the can.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 08:48:42 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 08:40:39 pm »

Sprite had a tropical remix that was really good but they stopped distributing it here in favor of another flavor they call Aruba Jam which isn't as good.

I like it when clear soda makers add interesting flavors.
Logged

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 09:10:11 pm »

Wow.  It's funny you should mention Zero Effect because I have never seen it and it just showed up in my mailbox from Netflix minutes before I read this thread.  De de de doo de de de doo...
...
Is it still in those cute pink cans?

The "Tanqueray and Tab" was a popular girly drink back in the late 70s.


Good flick.  Yes, it is still in the pink cans, and now I have my new favorite drink to order at bars.  Thank you bitter old person.

And I love sprite remix, It's TROPICAL!
Logged
R U Passionate??

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TAB(?)
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 11:06:49 pm »


The sodas I miss are Tahiti Treat, Crystal Pepsi, and PC Chocolate Soda. 


I used to drink something called Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge which was great.  I miss it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up