Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Yoga mix  (Read 17264 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 12:48:32 pm »

Have you seen Band of hosss?  They will be here Saturday, but I have to make a decision between that and something else going on.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 04:52:38 pm »

Have you seen Band of hosss?  They will be here Saturday, but I have to make a decision between that and something else going on.

Dude you gotta help me out here.  I don't know Band of Hosses, but I don't want to find myself at that 38 Special show thinking 'this is as good as it gets here.'

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 08:37:03 pm »

I found out about them when I read an article about new Seattle bands at the end of last year.
Really, what enticed me was that an old member of the former band Carissa's Wierd was in the band.. even if the  band sounds nothing like that band.

Also, where will they be?
I doubt I'll be able to make SXSW even if I wanted to.. really for Hot Chip.. they probably will never come to Houston.. ahah.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 11:29:13 pm »

I found out about them when I read an article about new Seattle bands at the end of last year.
Really, what enticed me was that an old member of the former band Carissa's Wierd was in the band.. even if the  band sounds nothing like that band.

Carissa's Wierd is no more?  Is this a recent thing, or am I terribly uninformed?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 12:17:59 am »

Carissa's Wierd is no more?  Is this a recent thing, or am I terribly uninformed?

They broke up in 2003 or around there... unless they got back together.  I figure not though.
All I know is that I was disappointed I decided against seeing them that particular summer.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2006, 01:06:38 am »

I found out about them when I read an article about new Seattle bands at the end of last year.
Really, what enticed me was that an old member of the former band Carissa's Wierd was in the band.. even if the  band sounds nothing like that band.

Also, where will they be?
I doubt I'll be able to make SXSW even if I wanted to.. really for Hot Chip.. they probably will never come to Houston.. ahah.

I live in Salt Lake.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2006, 01:07:50 am »

Dude you gotta help me out here.  I don't know Band of Hosses, but I don't want to find myself at that 38 Special show thinking 'this is as good as it gets here.'

Whoa, that's in St. George.  How close is that to you?  I've seen some excellent shows in the Salt Lake area, but this year's been a little dry so far.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 01:58:02 pm »

Whoa, that's in St. George.  How close is that to you?

Gosh I don't even know.  I'm living in Price.  I don't listen to the radio, but my i-pod was dead one evening a couple of days ago and my antenna was pushed in so the only station I could get was playing some really god awful c&w crapola.  But in 30 minutes of listening I heard them advertise this show (which is like 6 weeks away) 3 times.  I thought my god are they this desperate for entertainment up here?  I got a little bit scared.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2006, 07:10:20 am »

Paul, I will come and rescue you if I have to. And I will come and get Miles if necessary, but I am sort of persona non grata in Utah, so the less time spent there the better.

[size=05pt]Why is this? My family are movers and shakers in the Mormon Church.[/size]
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2006, 01:08:35 pm »

Why is this? My family are movers and shakers in the Mormon Church.

Oh, did we already know this?  My mom's side of the family is Utah Mormons.  We are practically related!

I wish we could all meet up with Paul there and raise a ruckus. A wild caffeine drinking rumpus!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2006, 01:58:40 pm »

Why is this? My family are movers and shakers in the Mormon Church.

I thought both moving and shaking were heavily frowned upon by the Mormon church.  Shows what I know, I guess,
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2006, 03:11:32 pm »

Oh, did we already know this?  My mom's side of the family is Utah Mormons.  We are practically related!

I wish we could all meet up with Paul there and raise a ruckus. A wild caffeine drinking rumpus!

What the hell, I haven't been back that way for a few years.  Low alcohol beer for us all!
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2006, 04:25:52 pm »

I thought both moving and shaking were heavily frowned upon by the Mormon church.  Shows what I know, I guess,

Well, that's why he's persona non grata there.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2006, 08:38:59 pm »

Awright gawdam party at my place.  I'll buy the stakes (I guess I better buy the grill too).  Hell I'll even buy some of that good ol' 3.2 beer.  But there ain't no law says you can't bring some good stuff from elsewhere.  Well actually there probably is, but fuck that shit.  Bring it and wear your headphones while you're doing it.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2006, 03:38:04 am »

YES!

What's the liquor store situation like down there, Paul?

I have a long lineage of Utah Mormons on both sides.  I'm talking hell of polygamy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up