Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Yoga mix  (Read 17324 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2006, 09:22:48 pm »

For instance, I tend to give Cort or Wombat a can whenever I think of it - at least one or two a day.  But some others, man, to see who has it out for whom is just fuck*ng COMICAL.

I have to ask: is there actually someone out there being as much of an anorak as possible about this? Some guy (or girl, I dunno) sitting near the computer 24/7, waiting for the hour to roll around so they can SUBTRACT ANOTHER CAN from their nemesis, ahahahahaha, you all laughed at me at the Academy but who's laughing NOW!?-style? If so, I'll laugh. And then maybe cry.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2006, 09:55:52 pm »

I'm not in the "these cans are TEARING US APART!" camp but I do think they've definitely added an interesting and entertaining dynamic to our little circle jerk.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2006, 10:19:48 pm »

Every time I see this thread title, I irrationally expect a recipe for a homemade snack product involving whole grains and organic ingredients.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2006, 04:45:46 am »

I have to ask: is there actually someone out there being as much of an anorak as possible about this? Some guy (or girl, I dunno) sitting near the computer 24/7, waiting for the hour to roll around so they can SUBTRACT ANOTHER CAN from their nemesis, ahahahahaha, you all laughed at me at the Academy but who's laughing NOW!?-style? If so, I'll laugh. And then maybe cry.

V - there are TWO PEOPLE who seem to take about 5-7 cans PER DAY from three or four other people.  Yes, they must keep coming back, hour after hour, just to subtract cans.

I am amused by this, but mostly my heart is filled with pity.  I just subtracted one of my own cans in their honour, like pouring out a half-oz of your 40 for your fallen "homies."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2006, 05:04:07 am »

Jough, over the last couple of days I have taken cans from you because you gave yourself like 50 cans all of a sudden.  I took the cans for that reason alone, not for anything in particular you wrote, but I stopped when you called me on it.  I see now that you were trying to compensate for your unwarranted losses.  I don't know why anyone would be so dedicated to sabatoging yours or anyones can count, it seems petty.  I guess there are those on this board that don't like you Jough, but those people just don't get you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2006, 06:02:44 am »

Oh, I don't care if people like me. But when people start taking wombat's cans, well, they're obviously crap dudes.  Because no one doesn't like Wombat.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2006, 09:06:45 am »

So many arguments for just turning OFF the karma function. Seriously. It shouldn't matter either way, giveth, taketh, whatever. There's no basis for reality or rationality in the system, and now you're feeling the need to put effort into monitoring or managing an irrational sytem.

Just turn it off. That would make everyone equally happy or unhappy and people will be unable to be crap dudes anonymously. Because that really seems to me to be the basis of the problem with the stupid cans.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2006, 02:21:54 pm »

Jough:  Aw shucks.

AD: But see, no one can be a crap dude anonymously after all.  Big Brother is watching.   If there were no cans, they'd be able to be crap dudes in their hearts with no punishment.  But now G's Own D will get them.. 

Anyway, come on, it is so much more entertaining this way.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2006, 04:34:36 pm »

Anyway, come on, it is so much more entertaining this way.

I agree with Wombat, seriously we were running out of material.  The cans have revitalized the act.

And I must say, Dawg, you taking the curmudgen role this season was a stroke of casting genius.

~Paul
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 05:06:14 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2006, 05:41:29 pm »

I am sorry to the stranger(s) I took from/gave cans when I first got back here. I didn't know what they were, and I just clicked on things for a minute until I figured out what was going on. I didn't realize it was a thing.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2006, 05:48:09 pm »

Yeah, people take their cans pretty seriously.  They are hard-earned, and hard-fought-for.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2006, 07:36:02 pm »

Yeah, people take their cans pretty seriously.  They are hard-earned, and hard-fought-for.

Or you can ignore them.  I did it for a while and it did not seem to break the internet for everyone.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2006, 09:06:37 pm »

I've taken the first step and admitted that I am powerless before the cans. As a result, I read my own posts as infrequently as possible, so as to prevent temptation. It's... sort of working so far. I'm also working on what appears to be my "natural" karma level...
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2006, 02:13:28 am »

See, Wombat, the thing is they weren't monitored before and there is a lot more kvetching about the cans being arbitrarily taken away then arbitrarily given. Since it's an irrational system, both things should be in balance - but they aren't and it appears that now, special structures and special rules are being created to police an irrational and meaningless system. It's just far more sensible to get rid of it and let people who want to be crap dudes actually SAY stuff instead of secretly (Still to all but Jough and V) log on and take peoples cans.

It's not curmudgeonly at all, Paul, it's common sense. The juice is so not worth the squeeze in this case,  and the lengths that people are going to manage it are becoming comic. Turning it off solves all the problems, doesn't cause new problems, and doesn't require extraordinary effort for very very small utility.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Yoga mix
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2006, 03:30:34 am »

and the lengths that people are going to manage it are becoming comic.

Well, exactly! 

If we could trust Onstad to provide a comic every day it would be one thing.  But as it is, sometimes we've just got to make do.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up