Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lord of the Yum-Yum  (Read 1407 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jeepers

  • Guest
Lord of the Yum-Yum
« on: January 22, 2006, 07:16:57 pm »

Paul Velat... a good man.

He is a music teacher in the Chicago area, and can often be found performing in living rooms/streetcorners/your local punk hangout/etc. If you ever get the chance to see him live, do so at all costs. Many times, he will come to your town and perform in your very house
just because you offered him a crowd and a couch to crash on. He sells caricaturized porcelain busts of himself. He performs many classical songs you have heard, some you haven't and a few of his own creations. He always wears a tuxedo, even when he is hot.

He uses no instruments, just a voice looper thingy and stomping/chest pounding type percussion. Now, before anyone makes the Bobby McFerrin comparison... don't. At least not until you've given it a listen.


Gaze upon him.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Lord of the Yum-Yum
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 07:36:48 pm »

Reminds me of this mixed with Rahzel or something.  Excellent stuff.  Thanks.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Lord of the Yum-Yum
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 07:51:39 pm »

I tried your link, but only saw concentric gears. Did I break the internet?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Lord of the Yum-Yum
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 07:55:12 pm »

NO, you did NOT break the Internet.

It was broken for you.

Fortunately, I released a patch!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Lord of the Yum-Yum
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 08:00:08 pm »

Good lord. That was insane. Who is it?

I imagine that song being made in the same manner as a person who uses little mallets to tap glasses of water filled with different amounts of water to make songs, but instead he has a bench with muppets strapped to it, and he is slapping them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 08:07:42 pm by Jeepers »
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Lord of the Yum-Yum
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 08:01:50 pm »

It was Dokaka.  He does some stuff on Bjork's last album Medulla.  Basically he's entirely vocally based.

I think Rahzel's song "If your mother only knew" was the craziest vocal shit I'd ever heard, and it was done live.  I have a copy if anyone wants to hear it.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Lord of the Yum-Yum
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 01:43:51 pm »

I downloaderized a copy of "If you mother only knew"

It was awesome, but kinda funny because he would sing in his lilting high pitched voice, and then stop and get thuggish and yell something about "You motherfuckers don't think I'm doing that shit, do you?!? DO YOU??"
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Lord of the Yum-Yum
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 02:27:39 pm »

That's something I used to find really amusing about the Wu-Tang Clan for example:

"We'll chop his head off....  Peace!"
"Find the brutal nine and kill ya' whole fuckin' family.. Peace!"

It's a small jump to imagining

"I fucked your dead grandmother, called her a whore and posted the pictures on the Internet...  Much Love to You!"

Come to think of it, that's the kinda love my Dad practices so....  er.. I've said too much!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up