Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack  (Read 33760 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 02:34:01 pm »

I was thinking it was more insinuating that he checks the Criterion rumor pages every day and buys every disc they release even if he already had the movie. But it could have been worse. He could have said SuperBit.

look you guys, i went into this with rigidly defined goal-sets and now you're just throwing doubt into the whole operation
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 02:40:04 pm »

I would have preferred "Dried bees and peanut butter," but I won't make a fuss about it.

You know, the more I think about it, the more that a dried-bees-and-peanut-butter sandwich sounds okay if you can get past the bee element. It'd have an interesting mix of textures, at least.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 03:08:15 pm »

You know, the more I think about it, the more that a dried-bees-and-peanut-butter sandwich sounds okay if you can get past the bee element. It'd have an interesting mix of textures, at least.

So, if you get past the bee element, what I think you're saying here is that a peanut butter sandwich is basically OK?  I have to agree.

But the bees are what makes it!  Like a Krackel bar, or a Crunchy Frog!

Also, has anyone ever seen a Krackel bar outside of the little assortments of fun-size bars?  I have never eaten a full-sized Krackel.

edit:  Wow, from 0 to off-topic in 65 words - possibly a record.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 03:33:16 pm »

What a great strip.  We get the Marvel Secret Origins of why Pat is a vegan asshole, and the mental image of a five-year-old Ray enjoying duck and steak fries for dinner. 

Did Mrs. Smuckles cook the duck and fries herself?  And how did the magician feel about it?
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 03:47:28 pm »

I just can't believe that Pat would turn to vegulonism because he fears ducks. Wouldn't he be more likely to eat the fuckers if they scared him? I know I would, and I'm not nearly as much of an asshole as Pat.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 03:49:56 pm »

I love this strip. I can relate so well because my sister used to be vegan and none of my older relatives understood. This one thanksgiving they were trying to get her to eat the mashed potatoes "Oh dear, there isn't any gravy on it, it's ok." "I don't eat animal products though." "No it's ok, it's only butter!" So that's the story of me relating to this strip.

Best parts for me: I thought Ms. Smuckles was going to cry or something when Pat said he doesnt eat cheese -- CHEESE! It's so nutritious. The other part I liked was the visual of Pat slapping his fist into his hand, well done. Whole strip: amazing.




Wait...Pat doesn't eat cheese...Girls like boys who eat cheese...Pat's never had a girlfriend...so it is true. Dang I'm going to order extra cheese next time.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 03:58:58 pm »

Also, has anyone ever seen a Krackel bar outside of the little assortments of fun-size bars?  I have never eaten a full-sized Krackel.

When I lived in PA there was one supermarket that carried full-sizes of all 4 bars in the Hershy's assortment. To this day it is the one time I've ever seen a full-size Special Dark bar but every once in a while I'll still run into Krackle or Mr. Goodbar, usually when Hershey's candy is 3 for 99-cents or something.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 04:07:59 pm »


Wait...Pat doesn't eat cheese...Girls like boys who eat cheese...Pat's never had a girlfriend...so it is true. Dang I'm going to order extra cheese next time.

I don't think Pat really cares about what impresses the girls, IF YUO KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 04:27:21 pm »

Ha.  Bonkers T. McQuack!

My newest pet is a giraffe named Finns McGill, I got him as an aniversary gift from my SO.  (Oh, who am I kidding? Actually, I got a giraffe that never got a name and jumped out of the container and dried up on the carpet before I found him as an aniversary gift.  Finns McGill was the replacement for him.  Finns McGill lives in a small aquarium- with a lid- in our bedroom.) 

Adding "Mc" infront of words that descibe the creature/person is fun - always.  I went through a phase where everyone was "Johnny _____'s-a-lot" or "Mc____" as in "Oh great, here's come Johnny Whines-a-lot and Titty McBoob!"  or "I was Johnny-Sucks-a-lot on stage tonight - totally Forgetty McLines-drop."  Try it sometime - you'll be the hit of the party!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 04:39:18 pm »

My cricle of friends used to do the same thing.  It got to the point where we loved the ludicrous nature of reusing the same word like "Way to give up the secrets Telly McTell!"

It wasn't so much an uncreative nature as it was an adventure into absurdism; at least that's what I told myself.

The only affectation of this nature that has stuck with me is the military moniker.  Usually I use Captain as it can evoke both militaristic and superhero memes, but sometimes it is others.  For example, "Wow, way to help out there Captain Productivity" or "Way to bitch about your ex for 3 hours Corporal Bitter".

YMMV
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 04:53:54 pm »

i dug this comic strip like jough digs a criterion collection disc

Man, you really had to dig back a few years in Google to find that reference.  Nicely done, though.  They really do put out the best DVDs of classic and contemporary films.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 05:02:12 pm »

I don't find this strip especially funny but I do like having Pat's veganism explained. He's such a jerk that it never really made sense to me that he "respects" animals, save perhaps for falcons.

Also kudos to Limmo for pointing out that a five year old eating duck and steak fries for dinner is pretty funny. This had not occurred to me but you are right.

Biz
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 05:11:09 pm »

Also kudos to Limmo for pointing out that a five year old eating duck and steak fries for dinner is pretty funny. This had not occurred to me but you are right.

Yeah, and especially eating that on a day where he clearly would have had plenty to eat at the party earlier that day.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 05:13:51 pm »

Oh look, here's a miniature Krackel bar in my desk leftover from Christmas. I have never seen a full size one either but if you have nothing better to do on your lunch hour than Google for nonsense, you find that there's even a King Size.

And now I can't help thinking that those little baby frogs we have downstairs are exactly the right size for a Crunchy Frog bonbon.  But they are highly endangered and this would be wrong.  I'll have to stick to crickets and peanut butter (that's the closest I can get to bees.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 05:56:25 pm »

Next up, I'd like to see Ms. Smuckles meeting Mr. Bear. Maybe they could hook up. At least both share a great interest in cheese.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up