Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack  (Read 33889 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 06:26:35 pm »

So, if you get past the bee element, what I think you're saying here is that a peanut butter sandwich is basically OK?  I have to agree.

I meant in the sense of "if you can mentally deal with the fact that you are eating bees, it'd be okay." Basically, if the mere facts that you were eating dried bees didn't gross you out, it'd be a good sandwich, I think.

Also, you might have to de-stinger the bees first.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 06:55:33 pm »

Man, imagine the poor kid in the cafeteria who's allergic to beestings AND peanut butter. Talk about a death sandwich.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 07:01:35 pm »

Man, imagine the poor kid in the cafeteria who's allergic to beestings AND peanut butter. Talk about a death sandwich.

Anaphylactolicious!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 07:23:27 pm »

V: I can see where you're coming from actually.  In my mind, the bees are like slightly fuzzy peanuts, so it's like crunchy peanut butter.

The idea that I'm imagining this texture and not finding it horrifying kinda scares me a little bit.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner shuddering and needing a hug.*


* No miles, that does not mean you.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 07:25:17 pm »

When did the word "Vegan" come to be a substitute (bestitute) for the word "Vegetarian"?

I always thought that when we met people who come from the star Vega, we would call them "Vegans" but now they'd say, "Are you comparing us to that Pat asshole?" and this might lead to interstellar war.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 07:26:47 pm »

And now I can't help thinking that those little baby frogs we have downstairs are exactly the right size for a Crunchy Frog bonbon.  But they are highly endangered and this would be wrong.  I'll have to stick to crickets and peanut butter (that's the closest I can get to bees.)

And Anthrax Ripple might earn you a visit from the FBI.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 07:29:48 pm »

When did the word "Vegan" come to be a substitute (bestitute) for the word "Vegetarian"?

I always thought that when we met people who come from the star Vega, we would call them "Vegans" but now they'd say, "Are you comparing us to that Pat asshole?" and this might lead to interstellar war.

I didn't think Vegan and vegetarian meant the same thing.  I thought Vegetarians just didn't eat meat and Vegan's were like some sort of super-duper hyper Vegetarians who wouldn't suffer anything with animal-like DNA on or in their frighteningly holier-than-thou bodies.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 07:38:35 pm »

When did the word "Vegan" come to be a substitute (bestitute) for the word "Vegetarian"?

I always thought that when we met people who come from the star Vega, we would call them "Vegans" but now they'd say, "Are you comparing us to that Pat asshole?" and this might lead to interstellar war.

Generally, Vegetarians are those who don't eat meat but will eat animal by-products (eggs, milk, cheese, et al)

Vegans don't eat any animal by-products.  Pat does not eat cheese, ergo, vegan.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 09:46:41 pm »

What AW and Queue already said. Due to the wide range of motivations people have for not eating meat, you see a lot of variations on vegetarianism -- vegetarians, vegans, ovo-lacto vegetarians (for people who don't think milk and eggs are unethical, just meat), and even pesco-pollo vegetarians (for people who believe that only eating mammals is unethical, which strikes me as a damn cop-out or a gussied-up way of saying "I don't like red meat and will make this an ideological thing").

Anyway, I should probably stop commenting in this thread; I seem to be losing cans willy-nilly. I'm sorry, whoever I pissed off re: the bee sandwich! It is a strictly theoretical idea! It's less a food than a food concept!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 10:02:12 pm »

man. I have a friend who refuses to eat bird-type-animals for almost the exact same reason. Except it was a normal bird, not a duck.
its one of those things that would be funny, if it weren't for the fact that her fear is so primal that it makes you scared to see it.

misterqueue-- I had a similar ongoing thing with my brother.
he: "you're doing that wrong."
me: "Christ, man! who died and made you city commissioner of eating hamburgers?"

the more ridiculous and minor the title, the better.
Actually, it was originally in reference to some movie, and was "geez! Who got frozen in ice and made you (ridiculous title)"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2006, 10:10:30 pm »

Quote from: jough
Man, you really had to dig back a few years in Google to find that reference.  Nicely done, though.  They really do put out the best DVDs of classic and contemporary films.

i bet you're fat
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 10:23:01 pm »

Orson Welles once guest-hosted the Tonight Show, and guest Robert Blake called him fat.  To which Welles replied "My weight is correctable, sir, only with great effort - unlike your manners." 

What is the sound of Noah losing another can of Dr. Pepper?  It goes a little something like this.....
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 10:26:42 pm »

Anyway, I should probably stop commenting in this thread; I seem to be losing cans willy-nilly. I'm sorry, whoever I pissed off re: the bee sandwich! It is a strictly theoretical idea! It's less a food than a food concept!

I tried to give you one back. I don't think it worked, though and I'm not sure why.

If these cans start causing people to self-censor, I say that would be evidence that they are inherently evil.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2006, 10:27:18 pm »

What AW and Queue already said. Due to the wide range of motivations people have for not eating meat, you see a lot of variations on vegetarianism -- vegetarians, vegans, ovo-lacto vegetarians (for people who don't think milk and eggs are unethical, just meat), and even pesco-pollo vegetarians (for people who believe that only eating mammals is unethical, which strikes me as a damn cop-out or a gussied-up way of saying "I don't like red meat and will make this an ideological thing").

Hare Krishnas are lacto vegetarians. But I still don't know the reason why they don't eat eggs.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2006, 10:29:25 pm »

What would be the actual difference between a Vegan and an ovo-lacto Vegetarian?

The few vegans I know also won't wear animal hides or wear/use things that have processed animals in them (like glues). Is veganism the lifestyle when it extends beyond what one eats?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up