Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack  (Read 33917 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2006, 10:31:40 pm »

What is the sound of Noah losing another can of Dr. Pepper?  It goes a little something like this.....

It's all good, dawg.  As you can see, Noah hasn't contributed anything to this board in... ever.  So anything the man has to say is suspect.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2006, 10:38:43 pm »

I know.  But some people need a quick whack with the cane anyway. 

AD: I don't know, I gave V a can over "Anaphylactolicious!" because that shit is funny, I don't care who you are. 

I agree that the threat of can removal shouldn't be a cause for self-censorship.  But if I can use it to punish people for being schmucks when they should know better ::glares at Noah::, I will.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:45:38 pm by Limmo »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2006, 11:22:50 pm »


I agree that the threat of can removal shouldn't be a cause for self-censorship. 

I know it's a sickness, but when I lose a can, I look back over my recent posts and try to figure out why.  I can't, so I don't know if I would censor myself if I knew what to censor.  I don't think so...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2006, 11:24:41 pm »

Thanks to everyone for illuminating the difference between a vegan and a vegetarian.  If it were within my powers I'd give cans to you all.

Are most Vegans like Pat?  I mean, would they read the strips dealing with him and say, "What's so funny?  Pat is perfectly reasonable and his behavior is what the others deserve.  They're all idiots except for him"?

I hope the answer is:  no.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2006, 11:52:45 pm »

What would be the actual difference between a Vegan and an ovo-lacto Vegetarian?

The few vegans I know also won't wear animal hides or wear/use things that have processed animals in them (like glues). Is veganism the lifestyle when it extends beyond what one eats?

Maybe it's honey?

(Also wax. No delicious candles for you Vegans!)
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2006, 12:01:42 am »

What would be the actual difference between a Vegan and an ovo-lacto Vegetarian?

A vegan is the opposite of an ovo-lacto vegetarian, I think, in that vegans deliberately shun dairy products and eggs. Typically prefixes in front of "vegetarian" designate foods that they do eat; i.e., ovo-lacto vegetarians consume dairy products and eggs but not meat. Where I'm confused is whether "ovo-lacto" is assumed for non-vegan vegetarians or not.

As for the leather thing, I actually don't think it necessarily falls along vegan/vegetarian lines. Not wearing leather is typically a sign of ideological vegetarianism (not eating meat because they actively think human use of animals is morally suspect), not other forms. Since I know a fair number of vegetarians who do it for health or food-preference reasons, it's a distinction that can be made. I suspect that more vegans are ideological than plain ol' vegetarians, but I don't actually have, you know, data points for it...
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2006, 12:13:34 am »

I only wear leather made from people who died of natural causes.

Is that OK?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2006, 01:14:27 am »

Don't forget about gelcaps. My vegetarian friend invariably gets a headache at my apt just because I only have Tylenol gelcaps and she can't take them.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2006, 01:19:16 am »

It's all good, dawg.  As you can see, Noah hasn't contributed anything to this board in... ever.  So anything the man has to say is suspect.


He seems to have a fixation with other peoples (and talking cats) weight.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2006, 01:52:39 am »

Hare Krishnas are lacto vegetarians. But I still don't know the reason why they don't eat eggs.

Perhaps because it's a chicken's period and that's fuck*ng nasty no matter what religion you are.

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2006, 02:48:12 am »

Orson Welles once guest-hosted the Tonight Show, and guest Robert Blake called him fat.  To which Welles replied "My weight is correctable, sir, only with great effort - unlike your manners." 


Then Robert Blake shot him in the back of the head.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2006, 02:50:09 am »

I only wear leather made from people who died of natural causes.

Is that OK?

A tiny can to you sir!  Huzzah!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2006, 03:03:14 am »

I consider myself a..... picky eater.

I don't eat red meat.
Can't eat much dairy due to the lactose intolerance.
I do like some chicken, turkey, eggs, a bit of cheese, etcetc though, so yeah.  I fall under.... nothing.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2006, 03:17:55 am »

listen to this noah

i'm playing the world's tiniest can of dr pepper
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

Decay

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
  • I am reading your mind with my SCIENCE COMPUTER
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2006, 03:19:05 am »

I eat meat. It is an ideological thing with me, because, y'know, animals. They're all fuckers. Also I have a jacket that is probably made from several cows.

This strip is basically gold, especially since now I have two more great words to make fun of vegans with.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up