The only justification necessary for eating meat is exactly as follows:
Meat is delicious.
That said, lately I have been questioning ethics of certain things, but it's more things like humane treatment and such than total avoidance of animal products. When at all possible, I'll buy organic, free-range, vegetarian-fed etc. things over not, not so much because they taste better (the only products in which I notice a difference are eggs [yes, Bobby, I still eat eggs], and to some extent beef), but because they treat animals slightly better. I wasn't born with canine teeth to eat celery, they're for meat, and I plan to use them, but I want someone to be nice to my food before I eat it. I've also made an effort to cut down on meat recently, and I must say it's a positive change - but meat is still delicious, and I still eat it at least once a week (but I strive for no more than 3-5 times.)
I'm not going to touch the religious argument used, except to say that the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy is my personal mantra.