Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack  (Read 33884 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2006, 05:32:39 am »

Well... she does like when I pimp her site... her picture is on there somewhere, so I present a small challenge- yogamix*

* and yeah, for the record, that is me modeling one of the shirts she sells on the front page.. heh..

Are you "Breathe" or "Om"?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2006, 05:51:14 am »

Are you "Breathe" or "Om"?

'Breathe'

..and I must add mom isn't on the front page at all.  those are people from her classes (the rest of them).
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2006, 05:55:43 am »

'Breathe'

..and I must add mom isn't on the front page at all.  those are people from her classes (the rest of them).

Golly, but you're awfully cute.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2006, 06:32:53 am »

I am not only going to found a house for Scared People, I am going to enroll myself.  As the most scared of all.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2006, 01:05:36 pm »

Some people just can't take a hint. and I try hard to tell her no in a way that doesn't come off the wrong way. But I probably fail sometimes.

So, in conclusion: yes, it is very upsetting.

Confidential to The Inevitable:  None of my business I'm sure but, um, your problem with your girlfriend?  It's not about her being bisexual. Or about you being the jerk.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2006, 01:24:54 pm »

Confidential to The Inevitable:  None of my business I'm sure but, um, your problem with your girlfriend?  It's not about her being bisexual. Or about you being the jerk.

As an aside, I know the phrase "confidential to.." is standard for advice columns; but "confidential to the inevitable" is frikkin awesome!

Seriously, I may have to start using it whenever I do something daring and/or against the grain.  "Confidential to the inevitable, I am going to jump my car over that gorge and survive!"  or  "Confidential to the inevitable, I am going to eat a tub of Edy's and not put on a pound!"

I am sorry about breaking into your advice Wombat.  As you were.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2006, 01:27:36 pm »

Confidential to The Inevitable:  None of my business I'm sure but, um, your problem with your girlfriend?  It's not about her being bisexual. Or about you being the jerk.

Yeah.  Unless she gives terrific head, dump her ass.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2006, 02:16:29 pm »

Confidential to The Inevitable:  None of my business I'm sure but, um, your problem with your girlfriend?  It's not about her being bisexual. Or about you being the jerk.

Wombat, I don't think the inevitable is being the jerk here.  I mean, as far as I can tell T_E is a high school student, so please keep that in mind before summarily determining that the lad is a jerk and not just, you know, a high school student.

Wombat, put yourself in homeboy's place for a second: your husband cheats on you... with another man, no less (although would that be any better or worse than if it were with a woman?), and then instead of being penitent about it brags about it when your friends are around.

Would you not be upset by this?  Would anyone call you a jerk for being upset about this?

I just don't get you people sometimes.

Inev', you're not a jerk.  Your girlfriend does not love you.  This is unfortunate, but she will likely not be the last girl you ever date or love and not too many years from now you'll look back at her realising that she was a stupid kid and did not treat you well.

Having said that, however, she is bisexual and has urges and such that you cannot meet.  Other people have gone out with bisexual women before and such relationships can work fine as long as you respect each others' feelings and are aware of the boundaries of the relationship and each understand what the other's idea of cheating is.  If you're jealous of her kissing another girl, and she's aware of that, and then does it anyway, she is cheating on you.  And knows it.

You shouldn't have to put up with that. 

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2006, 02:19:30 pm »

I think she's saying it's ALSO not about him being a jerk, but something else.  Something he's missing.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2006, 02:37:29 pm »

yeah ok, um, that was mostly me being weird and bringing in unrelated things.
there was a whole thing like 2 months ago where we broke up, and then got back together, and now everything is much much better.

we just got into some weird spiral of death, where I'd overreact to little things, so she'd...
ok , anyway, this is not a relationship column. In conclusion, thanks for the advice, but everything is better now. I just started to give my view on the dating-bisexual-person problem, and went into a tangent.
sorry.

anyway... that pat sure is a jerk...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2006, 03:45:11 pm »

I think she's saying it's ALSO not about him being a jerk, but something else.  Something he's missing.

Yes thank you.  I am so sad that Jough doesn't listen closely to what I write even though he thinks I am better on the Internet than in real life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2006, 03:45:38 pm »

boy, he sure is.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2006, 04:18:16 pm »

Confidential to The Inevitable:  None of my business I'm sure but, um, your problem with your girlfriend?  It's not about her being bisexual. Or about you being the jerk.

Ah, yes, I parsed that last sentence as "It's about YOU being the JERK."

And yes, I capitalise things as I read.

And saying that someone is better on the internet than they are in real life is not much of a compliment, no matter how you interpret it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2006, 05:00:18 pm »

And saying that someone is better on the internet than they are in real life is not much of a compliment, no matter how you interpret it.


I didn't think it was. *sniff*
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 January 2006 - Bonkers T. McQuack
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2006, 05:22:23 pm »

To keep the advice bit rolling: yeah, I don't think this is quite a DTMFA* situation, but I definitely don't think you're the jerkish one here, T_E. It's reasonable to at least ask your SO not to get swoony about other people while you're around. Honestly, it's just courtesy and kindness.

* I am not Dan Savage's biggest fan, but this is a good acronym.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up