Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Pat Sighting!  (Read 9753 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 01:42:08 am »

I just wanted to point out that The Beatles Second Album isn't a real album, it's just a collection of songs thrown together by Capital records.  Their actual second album is With the Beatles, which is a great album.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 01:48:37 am »

It is clear that there definitely should be a Pat sighting thread.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 02:09:12 am »

It is clear that there definitely should be a Pat sighting thread.

Who is going to start it?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 02:11:26 am »

Don't start none, there won't be none.



Word.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 02:15:41 am »

There's always this.  They do have that softmore slump in common.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 03:21:22 am »

Man now I feel like going and listening me to some Black Sabbath.
But I couldn't possibly point out Paranoid as their best album, or any other, because for me their first 6 records comprise one big slab of goodness.

It was all downhill from then on, though.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 04:22:56 am »

Man now I feel like going and listening me to some Black Sabbath.
But I couldn't possibly point out Paranoid as their best album, or any other, because for me their first 6 records comprise one big slab of goodness.

It was all downhill from then on, though.

I never said Paranoid was their best album.  I just said it was their second album.  Though it is their best album.  Well, except for Master of Reality.  And Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.  Well, there's a lot of good stuff on the first album too.  And on Sabotage. 

Um...what you said!

Except for the "downhill" part.  The Dio-era stuff kicked large quantities of ass. 

It was all downhill from then on, though.

Now someone's gonna write in to defend The Headless Cross and it's just gonna get stupid.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 04:34:57 am »

Now someone's gonna write in to defend The Headless Cross and it's just gonna get stupid.

No, but Born Again is f'n great.  Digital Bitch, c'mon, what's not to love?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 07:48:45 am »

Whoever said it, you're right, it's not the 2nd album ever released, but rather the one they release after the "popular" album.  What a fuck*ng amateur mistake.

So, revising my own list, Beck is off, because mutations isn't a good album.  And I wouldn't really say Teenager of the Year didn't suck either.  Anyone else think that there's a whole era of Frank Black solo stuff sounds like Bowie's bad songs?  Just shitty synths and bad soundscapes.  I only really like Black Letter Days, with The Catholics.
Logged
R U Passionate??

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 08:04:13 am »

First of all, Mutations is a good album.

But Beck's first album, Mellow Gold, was a pretty decent hit maker.  You youngsters don't remember how popular "Loser" was.  It was a hit.

No, Beck's second album (released) is "Stereopathetic Soulmanure" (the manure in the title should give an indication).

He also released "One Foot in the Grave" after that, which was also awful.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 03:51:51 pm »

Whoever said it, you're right, it's not the 2nd album ever released, but rather the one they release after the "popular" album.  What a fuck*ng amateur mistake.

So, revising my own list, Beck is off, because mutations isn't a good album.  And I wouldn't really say Teenager of the Year didn't suck either.  Anyone else think that there's a whole era of Frank Black solo stuff sounds like Bowie's bad songs?  Just shitty synths and bad soundscapes.  I only really like Black Letter Days, with The Catholics.

Ohhhh, so the album Santana put out after Supernatural is their second album?  My mistake.   ::)

Mutations is a terrific album.  Teenager of the Year is about half of a terrific album.   
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 06:00:28 pm »

I think I've sighted about 20 Pats within this thread! Ziii-iiing. 

Just kidding you guys I agree with all of you individually about which albums are good and also which albums are 2nd or 3rd; all of you are right.

Love
Biz
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 07:23:33 pm »

Ohhhh, so the album Santana put out after Supernatural is their second album?  My mistake.   ::)

Hey, we both know when an artist releases so much music over the last thousand years, this model goes out the window.
Logged
R U Passionate??

Mr. Gary

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 02:25:53 am »

Well, the cliche usually applies for major label artists, who go with the gross major label approach of writing and recording.

Pavement's second album may have been their best, out of a solid discography.
Tin Hat Trio's second album is amaaaazing.
Eric's Trip's second album was totally amazing.
John Fahey's second album was no slouch.
Os Mutantes' second album was great.
The Boredoms' second album was insane.

And so on.
Logged

hungoverdrawn

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
    • hungoverdrawn
Re: Pat Sighting!
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2006, 02:28:51 pm »

Artists whose second albums did not suck:

Dexys Midnight Runners - Too-Rye-Ay
Kevin Rowland - My Beauty
The Darkness - One Way Ticket To Hell ...And Back
Kenickie -  Get In
Mogwai - Come On Die Young
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up