Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.  (Read 3971 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« on: January 24, 2006, 03:15:55 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:36:14 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 05:54:05 pm »

My first thought when seeing this page was "Wow, it's warmer here in Philly than it is in San Francisco now!"

My second thought was "Wow, I wonder how many fucknits are going to hang out at these restaurants that Onstad mentioned trying to get a peek at him and his family!"

My third thought was "Wow, Onstad is a dick to people in his hometown too!"

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:56:35 pm »

I'm sure Kai is attaching a long lens to his camera and scouting out parking places as we speak.
Logged

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 07:04:19 pm »

My thought was that I already knew how lame Kraftwerk fans were.

And that Blink sounds like a cool book.
Logged
R U Passionate??

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 07:36:35 pm »

Wow, there's like nothing comprehensible in this interview at all. It's unique for Achewood interviews in that it also gives you no impression of the comic, besides "internet... thing... done by a disillusioned SFer."

Also, is anyone else unable to parse "SFist" as anything other than "S-Fist," or is it just me?
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 08:58:30 pm »

Also, is anyone else unable to parse "SFist" as anything other than "S-Fist," or is it just me?

That was the first thing I thought, that it was "S-Fist" and I wondered if it was something I wanted to read about.  I decided just reading would be okay, but I wasn't going to click on anything.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 09:15:07 pm »

They are part of a bunch of websites that started out with Gothamist, which makes some sense, but it doesn't really work with much else. I thought LAist was the worst, till now. They have a DCist too - at least that one doesn't sound like something you're afraid to click on. 

Edit - forgot to say - I love the answer to the $15 question being "get $40 more out of the ATM."  The man knows no boundaries.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 09:18:52 pm by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 09:20:09 pm »

Is there an-Akron-ist?

Or does it only work with nicknames or initials for cities?
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 09:20:38 pm »

Also, is anyone else unable to parse "SFist" as anything other than "S-Fist," or is it just me?

That's the only possible way to read it, and if they think otherwise they've got a serious problem.

This whole fisting business is not for me, thank you.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 02:07:45 am »

That was a good drum break.

Wow, Onstad gave a lot of information about his wearabouts to potential stalkers.  He must have still been living in Abeline when he gave that interview.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 02:24:48 am »

I also read it as "S-Fist", but chalked it up to my life of video-game excess.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 01:24:19 pm »

I also read it as "S-Fist", but chalked it up to my life of video-game excess.

Whoa, I was just listening to the new The Advantage album when I read your post. Not the Megaman theme, but still... weerie.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 01:36:45 pm »

Good answer on the craigslist question. Craigslist is the only website I know of where you can find a free kitten, a hotel room blowjob, a water heater that someone left on the curb, a banjo for a reasonable price, and employment... all in one place.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 05:27:58 pm »

Good answer on the craigslist question. Craigslist is the only website I know of where you can find a free kitten, a hotel room blowjob, a water heater that someone left on the curb, a banjo for a reasonable price, and employment... all in one place.

I like the idea of finding them all from one person, too, although it might make things awkward at the office later on. Y'know, if it turns out that your boss sold you a bad banjo.
Logged

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 07:29:10 pm »

Whoa, I was just listening to the new The Advantage album when I read your post. Not the Megaman theme, but still... weerie.

And I was listening to the advantage band album when I read your post.

And I never see banjos on my local craigslist.  This place blows.
Logged
R U Passionate??
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up