Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Live Crew (09-03-03)  (Read 10763 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
2 Live Crew (09-03-03)
« on: September 04, 2003, 12:37:12 pm »

Boy does Beef ever get the ball rolling.  He was such the bad boy.

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:24:08 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 01:42:30 pm »

I'm still of the opinion that the Variety Hour is intentionally lame, considering how good the strip's been lately.

So why is Teodor wincing?  Sordid past?

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 03:45:24 pm »

I think he might be napping, as he had the same expression in the last strip.  Best guess!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2003, 04:08:17 pm »

It looks like only Beef, Lyle, and Mr. Bear (maybe Mingus, too) are awake, and Mr. Bear is just observing. We can't see Todd but he'd be way more vocal if conscious.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2003, 08:05:10 pm »

I'm hoping that for tomorrow's (well, today's) strip, we see Lyle talk about his childhood; the few snippets we get of his past are appropriately sordid and bizarre, so you just know he was grooving on more than the cusses of 2 Live Crew.

Either that, or maybe Lyle will shut Beef up as a sheer act of mercy.
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2003, 08:10:43 pm »

Maybe this is a way for Onstad to let us in on a little more character background.  

I hope Nice Pete has a little somethin' to say.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2003, 01:08:43 am »

I must say that I haven't seen the word 'queef' actually written down in....ummm.....

I think it's entirely possible that this is the first time I have ever seen the word 'queef' written down....

I posit that I have never seen the word 'queef' written down.

There.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2003, 01:14:37 am »

I confess...  I am unfamiliar with the term.


Anyone.... anyone?
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2003, 01:38:01 am »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Queef

I'm too verklempt to put in my own words.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2003, 02:43:00 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

I'm too verklempt to put in my own words.

And yet so many other people felt the need to do just that. Longest urban dictionary listing I've seen.

I think that Beef's disbelief of the "concept" is yet another insight into his character that came to us through the oddest route possible.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
tb
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2003, 03:00:30 am »

Téodor = passed out drunk
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2003, 03:19:04 am »

Quote from: "Mite"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

I'm too verklempt to put in my own words.

And yet so many other people felt the need to do just that. Longest urban dictionary listing I've seen.

I think that Beef's disbelief of the "concept" is yet another insight into his character that came to us through the oddest route possible.

Yet it's this big, major incident of his childhood -- at least major enough to feature in random, possibly-drunken dumbwaiter ramblings. Is it just me, or does Beef have a real ambivalence about the "queef concept?"

(If Onstad writes a strip involving further exploration of Beef'n'queef...)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2003, 03:29:21 am »

Never heard of Queef before, down here it's always just been refered to as a pussy fart.  Queef sounds much nicer.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2003, 03:40:10 am »

I was pondering some kind of strange (female?) Alter Ego like "Rose Queef" - Roast Beef's rowdy, butch feminine side.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Sept. 3 - 2 Live Crew
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2003, 04:01:01 am »

That's more queeves than I've ever seen all together. Yeesh!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up