Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands  (Read 16761 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2006, 02:44:36 am »

you must call upon Quentin Quadrangle to provide a non-germane, potentially shocking, extremely esoteric INTERWEB LINK OF THE DAY.

No you must not.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2006, 03:01:13 am »

Am I trying to deviate the topic from tiny can innuendo? Yes. Yes, I am. I guess sexual innuendo has a way of taking hold of a conversation (and throttling it).

I'm sorry, you were mentioning something about your tiny cans?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2006, 03:10:43 am »

Some cans are bigger than others...

Hmmm, I wonder if this is what the song is about originally.

Quote from: Roger
Dammit Morrissey, get outta my head already.

He's been safely nestled in mine for years, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2006, 05:38:23 am »

Some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls'.... mothers.

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume he's talking about tits.

Also, I'm sure I've said this before, but I enjoy Morrissey, and especially the Smiths, unironically.  The Smiths are my second favourite band of all time.

However, I do not object to others mocking them, because while I don't agree, I understand.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2006, 06:05:15 am »

So, about The Man With The Blood On His Hands...

I introduced my roommate to Achewood no too long ago, and he believes The Great Outdoor Fight to be one of the greatest ideas he's ever heard.

Of course, he also likes to fight. (When he's drunk)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2006, 06:31:49 am »

I had a roommate like that once.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2006, 06:40:41 am »

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2006, 07:19:45 am »

You are Number Six.

I am not a number! I am a human being!!

Also, throwing around numbers is harsh for a guy named "Null."
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2006, 08:07:34 am »

No you must not.

~Paul

It's true, that does derail the topic.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2006, 12:19:41 am »

The music discussion has been split appropriately. A&E, people.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2006, 05:49:17 pm »

I guess sexual innuendo has a way of taking hold of a conversation (and throttling it).

It has a firm and steady grip.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2006, 03:28:45 am »

Also, I'm sure I've said this before, but I enjoy Morrissey, and especially the Smiths, unironically.  The Smiths are my second favourite band of all time.

However, I do not object to others mocking them, because while I don't agree, I understand.


I know I didn't miss this, but I don't think I mentioned how rad(der) this makes you in my book.  However, I also understand.  But even though I do, it always hurts a little when someone mentions how much s/he hates Morrissey, because I, well, I just love him so much.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2006, 03:47:33 am »

I know I didn't miss this, but I don't think I mentioned how rad(der) this makes you in my book.  However, I also understand.  But even though I do, it always hurts a little when someone mentions how much s/he hates Morrissey, because I, well, I just love him so much.

My Morrissey is named McCartney.  I just love (almost) everything he's done.  fuck*ng love it.  His latest album is great.  But I understand...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2006, 07:43:40 am »

I have too much love in my heart for Morrissey (a couple of his solo albums notwithstanding) to have any ire for those who miss out on the joie de Moz that I feel.  I've seen him perform thrice, and shook his hand once as he was entering The Electric Factory in Philadelphia.

For me Belle & Sebastian are the closest thing to capturing the "feel" of the Smith's music, if not half the wit and vigour.  The Smiths were an IMPORTANT band, and their music really meant something, whereas I don't think I can say the same of B&S.  They're very good, but I don't think my world would be that much degraded if they never existed, whereas I'd probably be dead now were it not for the Smiths' music.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2006, 12:03:03 pm »

whereas I'd probably be dead now were it not for the Smiths' music.



You know, I so desperately want to mock this statement as melodramatic; it's a burning desire, but, this is so very true for me too.  Damn you truth and beauty, why must you be associative?!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up