Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?  (Read 21349 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« on: January 31, 2006, 11:04:14 am »

The strip

And that friends is how Mr. Raymond Q. Smuckles attempted to win that Ol' Great Outdoor Fight, by callin' in favors.

Well both you and I know how far that gets you here in Achewood, surprisingly far. 

Also, since when did 2...5 = 215?  Is this new math?

EDITED BY V to add permalink
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 07:47:47 pm by CortJstr »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 12:20:47 pm »

The plan begins to unravel.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:31:28 pm »

Blood of Champion sounds like a food brand.
like, maybe sausage? or... hm.
it definitely sounds like it should have a little "TM" after it
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 01:12:43 pm »

Blood of Champion sounds like a food brand.
like, maybe sausage?

Like those sausages made of clotted blood. Black pudding, is it? My Spanish grandmother called them morcilla. But even before I became an ovo-lacto-vegulonian I wouldn't even try one of those.

It also sounds like something out of the witches' chant from Macbeth. You know, Eye of newt and toe of frog / Blood of champion and tongue of dog...
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 01:41:25 pm »

So, I'm confused.  He doesn't have to qualify because he's BOC, but then he asks who he'll fight.  Won't he fight 3,000 guys?  It seems like the single fight would be for qualification purposes.

If he calls up all 2,999 fighters and calls in favors in every strip for the next 3 years, I'll stop reading.  At some point.  Most likely.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 01:42:09 pm »

What about this strip necessitated the monday hiatus?
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 01:43:41 pm »

So, I'm confused.  He doesn't have to qualify because he's BOC, but then he asks who he'll fight.  Won't he fight 3,000 guys?  It seems like the single fight would be for qualification purposes.

If he calls up all 2,999 fighters and calls in favors in every strip for the next 3 years, I'll stop reading.  At some point.  Most likely.

He's fighting the one guy at the hotel to PROVE he's BOC.  If he can beat a previous champion then he can prove that he has the Champion's Lineage.

I fail to see how this is easier than birth certificates though.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 01:47:39 pm »

Birth certificates are a way for PUSSIES to hide behind THE MAN.  No flimsy piece of paper is gonna back you up, not where you're goin'.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 01:52:04 pm »

Why would something like the G.O.F. even need preliminary rounds?  I would expect they would take just about any stiff that called in to fill the 3000 man quota...
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 02:06:43 pm »

Why would something like the G.O.F. even need preliminary rounds?  I would expect they would take just about any stiff that called in to fill the 3000 man quota...

Ah but this isn't any stiff, this is Envelope Martinez, the 1997 champion with the animatronical xmasesquey display!

Did I mention his name is Envelope?  Did anyone else see this?  The man (cat) is named Envelope here people.  This shit is crazy!  MUY LOCO
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 02:27:23 pm »


What about this strip necessitated the monday hiatus?
"Beep bop dootle dop"

that is the part that took three days.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 02:33:56 pm »

Ah but this isn't any stiff, this is Envelope Martinez, the 1997 champion with the animatronical xmasesquey display!

Did I mention his name is Envelope?  Did anyone else see this?  The man (cat) is named Envelope here people.  This shit is crazy!  MUY LOCO

I noticed this.  HEY.  Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
Logged
ACHIEVE

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 02:40:37 pm »

So is the favor being asked that Envelópe should throw the fight? That seems a little dishonest, even for Ray.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 02:55:34 pm »

Ray's ethics are not those of the common cat. The Blood of Champion flows through his veins, and thus is he above the primitive morality of the feline hoi polloi.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 03:23:38 pm »

Like those sausages made of clotted blood. Black pudding, is it? My Spanish grandmother called them morcilla. But even before I became an ovo-lacto-vegulonian I wouldn't even try one of those.

It also sounds like something out of the witches' chant from Macbeth. You know, Eye of newt and toe of frog / Blood of champion and tongue of dog...

The english call them black pudding and it's not heavily spiced. The spanish version is much spicier, tastier, and I enjoy it. I've had congealed duck blood at a chinese restaurant and that was sans spices -- it scared my co-diners but it wasn't altogether bad, just not very flavorful, like meat jello.

Blood sausage, per se, is by no means the worst thing to eat. (I believe, here even, I stated the worst thing to eat was placental blood sausage served with cheese made by milk lactated by men who were forcibly given hormone injections, and cultured with rennet from a panda.)
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up