Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?  (Read 21408 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2006, 06:30:56 am »

Cite?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2006, 08:11:10 am »

Has Ray always been left handed?

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2006, 01:41:31 pm »

Has Ray always been left handed?

There are three things I love about this post:

You used your first post solely to ask about Ray's hand preference.
Your avatar.
The fact that when I read your name, I read it as "me lack," and immediately began thinking about what it could be that you lack.  I settled on lacking a soul.

Excellent first post, welcome.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2006, 01:53:34 pm »

I wonder if the phone on your avatar's bathing suit has a ChatSack® attached to it.

Also, welcome.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2006, 02:04:26 pm »

I don't believe we've seen him write left-handed before, but I am not one who remembers when the cartoon cat wrote last and could thus look it up.  Which hand did he shoot with when he Got Things Done On The Euphemism?

I personally pronounce it WOO-ster-sheer, which is somewhat close to how people in the UK say the name of the sauce, but then again, these same people have a town called Reading which is pronounced "Redding," so there you go.

I have a pet peeve about the first C in Arctic being missed.  I don't have a problem with the first D in Wednesday being missed, though, because everyone does that and why can't we just change the name?

Melack, the little man in your icon is disturbing, especially when I imagine that my icon is looking at yours.  I don't much like the look on my icon's face if that is indeed the case.  Also, that cellphone had better not be set to vibrate on incoming calls.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2006, 02:33:56 pm »

Next Jough is going to go all Carlin on us and explain that forte and fort are pronounced the same.

I choose to believe Melack's avatar is a tiny cartoon Ron Jeremy

Maybe Ray is just using his upstage hand?
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2006, 02:48:19 pm »

My friend, the pretentious editrix, always says acrosst rather than across. Whyyyyyy?

Also, cache should be pronounced as cash, but most people won't have any idea what you're talking about if you do so.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2006, 02:54:02 pm »

Is there another way to pronounce cache?  Strangely, even after studying computer science for many years and having classes with a lot of total idiots, this is one of the words I've never heard mispronounced - like RAM.

Wow, 187 posts!
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2006, 03:06:47 pm »

It's not so much an issue in computer stuff, but when you refer to a cache of weapons, say, a lot of people will pronounce it as cachet. For some reason.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2006, 03:45:28 pm »

I never got over a physics teacher of mine in high school who pronounced "joules" like "jowls," personally, even when the textbook corrected his mistake. The fact that he was a huge, jowly guy just added to the hilarity.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2006, 03:53:37 pm »

My family says acrosst, ludicroust, &c as a regional thing. I do also sometimes when I'm agitated but I really try not to. But then they also swap out short e's and i's at will (pen/pin) and never end a word with a long o (windas).

My SO mocks me mercilessly for saying "appriciate" with a short i instead of appreciate
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2006, 04:04:17 pm »

I hate when people mispronounce plebian. 

It's Tout De Suite people, and pronounce it properly or not at all.

I despise when people pluralize person by utilizing "persons".

Also irregardless is not a word, regardless of whether or not they added it to the dictionary because people are moronic.

Without without regard is regard!  DUMB FUCKS!  I am sorry board, I am sorry that this has turned me into Pat.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2006, 04:25:42 pm »

Question: is "irrespective" a word? I've been seeing it a lot in scientific publications lately, and it looks terribly wrong, but I'm not sure whether I'm reflecting "irregardless" scorn onto it or what.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2006, 04:29:02 pm »

Irrespective is a word, but it's archaic.

You're getting hung up on the irr, but the problem with "Irregardless" is the mixture of the Ir- and -less, both are a wonderful example of a prefix and a suffix respectively, but much like pickles and chocolate SHOULD NEVER BE MIXED!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 31 Jan 2006 - Whose ass am I kicking?
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2006, 05:08:37 pm »

I hate when people mispronounce plebian.

I don't know how to say that one. But I'm down with plebeian. [/asshole]
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up