Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ranking Music (The Beatles Are better than Jesus)  (Read 11854 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ranking Music (The Beatles Are better than Jesus)
« on: February 01, 2006, 06:32:37 am »

The Smiths are my second favourite band of all time.

Who is Number One?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 08:03:52 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:08:44 pm »

Clearly, the Velvet Underground is the greatest band of all time.

I also say this unironically.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 06:59:26 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 07:45:10 pm »

The Who is the seventh greatest band of all time, right behind the Rolling Stones but ahead of the Doors.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 07:52:05 pm »

How extensive is your list? After #1 and #2, mine depends a lot on mood and personal taste at the time.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 08:07:36 pm »

I can name the greatest bands of all time in order up to #47.

Someday I hope to have a personal Top 100.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 08:21:03 pm »

I'm working on redoing my website (because the blog thing didn't work out real well) with a "Hot Hundred" feature, initially a list of the 100 songs I and my girlfriend could listen to over and over, forever and ever (amen). Possibly branching out to other things as well.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 08:25:59 pm »

I can name the greatest bands of all time in order up to #47.

Someday I hope to have a personal Top 100.

Start typing Dude.  I want to see all 47.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 08:34:48 pm »

Start typing Dude.  I want to see all 47.

Really?
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 09:28:27 pm »

1.The Beatles
2. Led Zeppelin
3. everyone else {tie}
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 09:30:00 pm »

1.The Beatles
2. Led Zeppelin
3. everyone else {tie}

NO.. No No No...

when oh when can we get over this automatic number 1'ing of the Beatles people??  Do we have to wait for the baby boomers to die?  I hope not.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 09:45:57 pm »

when oh when can we get over this automatic number 1'ing of the Beatles people??  Do we have to wait for the baby boomers to die?  I hope not.

Try that sentance like this.  When oh when can we get over this automatic number 1'ing of Mozart people?  Do we have to wait for...

I know a number of teenaged Beatles fans.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 09:47:02 pm »

Bah, teens always want to try to seem cool and knowledgable.  They are untrustworthy.

In conclusion, Beethoven forever bitches!

WORD UP I AM OUT!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 09:50:28 pm »

Apparently Amadeus needs to rock you will a sack full of oranges, bitch
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 27 Jan 2006 - The Man With The Blood On His Hands
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 10:11:10 pm »

Bah, teens always want to try to seem cool and knowledgable.  They are untrustworthy.

True, but the point being that The Beatles continue to win new fans even 35 years after their demise.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up