Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD  (Read 16604 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« on: February 03, 2006, 07:40:18 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02032006

This is one of the funniest Achewood comics I've ever seen. Those last three panels are just great. Some real Riki-Oh calibre material.

Almost makes up for the fact that we only got three comics this week.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:15:09 pm by mudokon »
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: February 03 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 07:43:59 am »

FUCK YOU FOR BEING FIRST. FUCK YOU, FRIDAY.

Dear lord is that ever violent. Ripping off a dude's entire middle?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: February 03 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 07:49:10 am »

FUCK YOU FOR BEING FIRST. FUCK YOU, FRIDAY.

Dear lord is that ever violent. Ripping off a dude's entire middle?

This comic ranks high in the "disturbing" department.  I would say it is above the SaniTaco Nugget Magazine story but below the Super Secret Ice Cream Store sequence.

SANITACO WAS THE GREATEST SINGLE IDEA IN ACHEWOOD HISTORY.  ONE DAY YOU WILL ALL SEE THE  TRUTH, BUT IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO REPENT
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 08:00:16 am »

He was like the Thomas Edison of handing a dude his ass!

Oh man, how I will look forward to throwing that little nugget into a conversation today.

I'll leave wombat to interject that that line should have been the topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 08:26:22 am »

I do believe that the Thomas Edison line would have made a great title, as well as "is that sass in the main" even though I have no idea what it means.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 08:54:34 am »

Heavenly.

This strip is ledgendary because no one even said it could be done.  That's what innovators do, just they blow your mind, you're not even sure if it really happened.
Logged
ACHIEVE

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 09:04:24 am »

Well, some really, really disturbing imagery.

Of course Roast Beef is a follower of the GOF, probably has all the stat charts memorized.

and I like his reply to Ray's offer of roadiehood. "Oh neccessarily" He must do this, he must help one with the champion's blood fulfill his destiny, even if said destiny willl probably involve Ray's head being torn right off his neck.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 11:06:58 am »

"Attention Workers, it has been 127.." is clearly my favorite.  Notice he doesn't say "Attention Shoppers we have a deal on utter stupidity in aisle 9."  No, it's some generic "Worker" at a plant concerned with OSHA.

I will be using this in conversation today and it will not be pretty.  I can assure you of that.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 11:49:26 am »

He was like the Thomas Edison of handing a dude his ass!

Oh man, how I will look forward to throwing that little nugget into a conversation today.

I'll leave wombat to interject that that line should have been the topic.

Yes, it should have. *sigh*
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 12:25:56 pm »

OH MY GOD
I am so scared. I am so scared of fighting now.

I gasped, a little, when I saw that bottle. no one said it could be done.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 12:30:09 pm »

Wow. The GOF is way more intense than I first assumed, I figured that most people actually lived.
'Oh, necessarily' is poetry.

Oh and thanks to *****_God for clearing that phrase up for me, it was confusing me that he didn't do the more expected 'they all said it couldn't be done' but you're right, they hadn't even *thought* of doing it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 01:01:29 pm »

"Attention Workers, it has been 127.." is clearly my favorite.  Notice he doesn't say "Attention Shoppers we have a deal on utter stupidity in aisle 9."  No, it's some generic "Worker" at a plant concerned with OSHA.

I will be using this in conversation today and it will not be pretty.  I can assure you of that.

I wish I had had this line in my repertoire to use at my last job.  Although the number would have been way smaller.

Off topic: I had a werid TOUAMB moment this morning.  I saw a car with one of those ribbon bumper stickers on it that I was sure said Fight Isosceles.  But when I got closer it said Fight Diabetes.  Hey!  Does the Great Outdoor Fight sell bumper stickers?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 01:04:32 pm »

Hey!  Does the Great Outdoor Fight sell bumper stickers?

Oh they should.

I wonder if Onstad realizes what a brilliant money making idea he's hit upon.  Probably not or he would have registered the greatoutdoorfight web name himself.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 01:08:34 pm »

I thought "attention Workers..." won, too, but there's so much win here it's not even funny. I can see why this one took an extra day to produce, because daaamn, that is a loving depiction of violence being rendered to cartoon cats. And of Beef's sudden revelation about Ray's father. (I like how everyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of the Great Outdoor Fight, too.)

New bet on end of storyline: Beef comes along and ends up somehow inadvertently winning the GOF.

EDIT: Oh, man, I just looked at the strip again, and Fancy Mark Clancy is wearing the Chochaco medal. What a bloody legacy Ray's bling-bling has!
Logged

trouserbat

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 25
  • No trilobite, no cry.
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 01:47:19 pm »

Wow, so quotable, so many little details in this one, and that is some disturbing imagery there. I'm pretty sure I would have the same expression If I had a beer bottle thrown through my head, too.

But oddly enough, the part that really makes this one for me is the double-equals in "Rodney Leonard Stubbs == Ramses Luther Smuckles". Because a single-equals is assignment, and that'd be a bug!
Logged
Forget what you know about craveless nori!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up