Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Poll

On the topic of Tattoos

I have Ink
- 7 (33.3%)
I plan to get Ink
- 3 (14.3%)
I want ink but I'm scared
- 4 (19%)
Ink is for crap dudes
- 7 (33.3%)
I changed my vote from "Ink is for Crap Dudes" to "Ink is OK but not for me"
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 10, 2006, 11:09:52 pm


Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Got Ink?  (Read 11144 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Got Ink?
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:09:52 pm »

Who's got ink?

Show us your ink.





« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 05:40:47 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:14:31 pm »

I always said I'd get a tattoo when I came up with a design that I knew I would be proud to have when I was 35, 45, 55, 65 and 75 years old. Then I came up with two:

1) inspired from a design my sister planned/plans to get, a green kangaroo with a yellow seven-pointed star inside (represents our late grandmother, who was Australian)
2) the Jack Daniels logo.

It's just a matter of getting up the nerve now. But more than likely, I never will.

Sara's got a large floral design on her lower back. Large as in, it starts on one side and moves to the other, and stands about six inches tall. It's pretty much the lower 1/4th of her back.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:19:42 pm »

If I ever get a good permanent zoo job, or if I ever sell my book, I am going to get a capybara tattooed somewhere.  If both things happen, also a frog.

"Somewhere" is the problem though.  I have no idea where on my body these things should live. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 12:54:30 am »

Yeah, I might do it if I ever decide on something that I know I'll want to be a permanent part of my body for the rest of my life. Right now I have no idea what that is, so... we'll see. Maybe once I have a career, or at least a graduate school.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 03:04:12 am »

I have a yin-yang on my left shoulder about the size of a dime.  I got it in Amsterdam in 1985.  It's pretty blurry now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 11:13:44 am »

I have the nerdiest tattoo ever on the back of my left calf.  It's binary code that can be translated into ASCII.

Don't ask what it translates into as it's offensive. :P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 12:46:02 pm »

I have the nerdiest tattoo ever on the back of my left calf.  It's binary code that can be translated into ASCII.

Don't ask what it translates into as it's offensive. :P

What does it translate into?

(I was never good with instructions)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 02:04:02 pm »

I have the nerdiest tattoo ever on the back of my left calf.  It's binary code that can be translated into ASCII.

Don't ask what it translates into as it's offensive. :P

Oh come on, talk nerdy to me!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 04:48:48 pm »

AD's Ink Link don't work.

~Paul




(edit by AD: it worked from my office yesterday. I'll work on it.)




« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 05:33:42 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 05:05:23 pm »

I'd probably end up getting the VF-9 or another #####ech vehicle. Maybe I could sleeve out* my arm with an entire armada! But I...I don't think tatoos are for me.

* Maxing an arm with ink is refered to as "sleeving out." I heard someone say that last week, and now I can finally share it. Non-scholastic-learning!
Logged
I am older now.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 07:05:45 pm »

i have felix clenching the dobb's pipe flipping the bird below the left shoulder on my back.

i thought i posted it herebouts once.

'dawg, what is yours of?  i think i know but i'm not sure.

also, in a manly way, let me point out that you have impressive guns.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 07:15:22 pm »

Yes, yes I do.

It's a USMC tattoo on my left pec. A picture will show up eventually, as I don't have a digital camera.

AlohaDawg: Pentecost?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 02:49:09 am »

You need another poll option, "I've thought about getting ink but have never quite been motivated."

I have long wanted a bear such as this one on my left shoulder blade.  What I have always lacked is a friend with tattoos to drag me off to actually get it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 03:09:24 am »

I'd totally get a tattoo if there was ink that only lasted, say, a year or two.  Because ten years down the road it ain't gonna be as cool, and a bit longer down the road it's gonna be ugly anyway.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Got Ink?
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 07:58:41 am »

I am a dude who is covered in hair, so I don't have tattoos.  I also can't think of anything that I am sure I will like in 50 years and also would require me to permanently attach to my body.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up