Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: the band i hate the most  (Read 34080 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
the band i hate the most
« on: February 04, 2006, 07:33:53 pm »

i hate nickelback.

i hate them, i hate them, i hate them.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 07:54:41 pm »

Nickelback are extremely hatable.

The problem is that, with me, the bands I hate are usually ones that do music that I'm vaguely interested in but that still irritates me to death. Like, for example, I like some Five Iron Frenzy tracks, but overall I sort of want to smack those guys through a wall. Is this irrational?

Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 07:57:57 pm »

Nickelback are extremely hatable.

The problem is that, with me, the bands I hate are usually ones that do music that I'm vaguely interested in but that still irritates me to death. Like, for example, I like some Five Iron Frenzy tracks, but overall I sort of want to smack those guys through a wall. Is this irrational?

v-adore, i don't know.  i keep seeing the word "nickelback" in the quote pane, and it just makes me seethe.


sssseeeeeeetttthhhheeeee.

i rationality is subjective, you are sane.

is it wrong for me to have dreams that nickelback are forced to pay back their debt to society by cutting out their own tounges?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 07:59:18 pm »

is it wrong for me to have dreams that nickelback are forced to pay back their debt to society by cutting out their own tounges?

In strictest, most objective terms?

No. This is right and good, and possibly the only thing Nickelback could ever do to repay the karmic debt before them.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 08:17:26 pm »

I once made fun of a Nickelback video.. I called it "pausing to riot" 'cause the guy stood there staring at a clock or something then turned around and threw a table... I don't know either.

A friend of mine said they bought two Nickelback albums... I clearly made fun of them, but felt bad since it made me feel a bit pretentious, but yes...

I must say I hate them, too beyond they're fun to make fun of....

Really, Dave Matthews Band makes me seethe more though since they aren't even as fun to make fun of; they just bore me and I hate their fans.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 09:02:03 pm »

I don't know how popular of an opinion this will be around here, but I cannot fuck*ng stand Bright Eyes. I have never heard more gratingly whiny music in my life.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 09:36:03 pm »

You would probably appreciate this, then. The thesis is that Nickelback has only ever written one song and they simply change a chord and a lyric and pass it off as a second song. The two songs do merge fairly well.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 10:24:49 pm »

Really, Dave Matthews Band makes me seethe more though since they aren't even as fun to make fun of; they just bore me and I hate their fans.

Me too, but if I recall correctly, we have a fan or two on the board.  I don't think you can really pigeonhole the band's following, so I can't say that I hate their fans.  In fact, a few of my good friends and some close relatives are fans.  But the band's music does more than just bore me.  His voice, the lame sax, and the lazy song-writing all add up to that overall phony mellow vibe which makes me want to stuff AIDS-tipped heroin syringes into my ears.  Same with Jack Johnson.

Oh, and Nickleback.

I used to obsess over bands that I hate, and would intentionally listen to certain songs because they would fill me with so much rage.  It was kind of therapeutic.  Then I got real help, and I'm not as bothered anymore.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 10:38:04 pm »

Yeah, me too.  I used to have lists and lists of bands I hated for various reasons and would turn into an unreasonable mutant when people professed to actually liking them.  Now, well, now I just chalk that person up to someone I don't want a mix cd from and move on with my life.  It has gotten much easier.


Nickelback sucks though, that's for sure.

My Chemical Romance does too.

Oh and Good Charlotte.

Anyone who got their retarded pseudo-fame from American Idol sucks.

Green Day sucks, don't kid yourself you know it's true.

P.O.D. sucks fatter ones than I can imagine.

Dammit.. you've made me revert back Ark!  All that therapy for naught!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 10:48:25 pm »

Me too, but if I recall correctly, we have a fan or two on the board.  I don't think you can really pigeonhole the band's following, so I can't say that I hate their fans.  In fact, a few of my good friends and some close relatives are fans.  But the band's music does more than just bore me.  His voice, the lame sax, and the lazy song-writing all add up to that overall phony mellow vibe which makes me want to stuff AIDS-tipped heroin syringes into my ears.  Same with Jack Johnson.

Well, I mostly mean the typical fans.  the ones who wear the puka shell necklaces.  I knew some like that.  also, one fan retaliated by calling me names when I mentioned disliking the band; I didn't say so in a bad manner either.. just said they weren't my thing.  I guess the unreasonable ones I try to turn away from in general.  people who just think they have a few good tunes are fine by me even if I wouldn't stay in the same room while they're listening to it.

---

Anyway, there's plenty of other bands I dislike (*****_roll_call -- I once was obsessed with Bright Eyes, but now I cannot stand him which is sad since I own almost all of the albums except the two newest.  it is good to sing along to when I have bad sinuses though), but dmb turned to hate due to some unreasonable fans.. heh.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 11:10:32 pm »

Me too, but if I recall correctly, we have a fan or two on the board.  I don't think you can really pigeonhole the band's following, so I can't say that I hate their fans.  In fact, a few of my good friends and some close relatives are fans.  But the band's music does more than just bore me.  His voice, the lame sax, and the lazy song-writing all add up to that overall phony mellow vibe which makes me want to stuff AIDS-tipped heroin syringes into my ears.  Same with Jack Johnson.

I am one of those DMB fans, although I accept that their most recent material hasn't been as palatable as their earlier stuff. I don't have an explanation for it, except that maybe the novelty of a full-time sax and fiddle player in a band wore off. Dunno, really. But I still like their songs more than I do anything that gets regular airplay on MTV (when they do in fact lower themselves to showing a video or two).

Quote from: misterqueue
Some stuff

My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, I agree with you. Cookie cutter bands for cookie cutter kids. I mostly agree with you on the American Idol partici#####, although I do confess to liking Kelly Clarkson the further and further away she gets from Idolesque stuff. It's no coincidence, I'm sure, that my opinion of her started rising when she stopped referring to her time on the show in her official biographies. Green Day, eh. I like them as long as I'm not around anyone still pretending they're a punk band. P.O.D., feh. Fuck 'em. True story about P.O.D. - my sister and her friend Tiffany really liked their first single. Then my sister was in the mall, and walked by an advertising placard in Heaven & Earth for their CD. Her first response was to say, "Oh... NO." She called Tiffany, discussed the revelation that they were a Christian Band, and stopped liking them at that point. "Alive" was a good song for them as long as it was about some girl, but once they realized it was about Jesus... that was the end of that.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 11:16:12 pm »

"Alive" was a good song for them as long as it was about some girl, but once they realized it was about Jesus... that was the end of that.

Hey that goes well with my tattoo actually.


But really it's not just the fact that they're Xians.  I'm cool with that, I mean be what you want to be, but this whole "We won't say it on MTV but we'll say it on the Gospel channel" BS amounts to chicanery and smacks of fakey belief systems to me.  That's my .02 though, I could be wrong.

I guess my hatred of Green Day comes from the fact that a lot of people I know like them thinking they can be punk and still like such a "safe" band. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 11:49:55 pm »

I hate Dave Matthews Band.  I hate Guster.  I hate Jack Johnson.  I hate O.A.R.  I hate Phish.  I hate the Greatful Dead.  I HATE ALL JAM BANDS.

I also hate U2.  I am sorry, TOAMB; I had to say it.  I HATE U2.

And Creed is God-awful (pun intended).
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 12:00:29 am »

Thanks, Hobot; you've revived that one stupid brain cell dedicated to that terrible, terrible, motherfuck*ng awful Creed song about the lead singer's wife getting pregnant (and him singing about the son he's going to have -- what if it's a girl, dipshit?), "With Arms Wide Open." (It may have been called "With Eyes Wide Open"; I've blessedly forgotten.) It fills that valuable musical 'what if?' of "What if 'Danny's Song' was pseudo-Jesoid and incalculably worse?" and for a while it was on the radio ALL THE TIME.

Hate. Hate hate HATE.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 01:31:06 am »

 For me this is as hard as "what is your favorite band?" A band can deffinitely leave a bad taste in my mouth, and that can lead to a burning cancre. The seed of distaste can be sewn into my tounge (I think I read that this happened once with an herb plant and a monk!). A band may act like they're above playing a small show even if they are in fact runty (or astonishingly well-built) dudes from highschool. Or a band may antagonize the crowd more than is funny ("I wanna see you assholes dance!" reply: "I wanna see the next band play!"). A band can get nasty because they don't get a perfect sound set-up at a club. Sometimes, a band will charge you $7 for their 5-song, glitchy demo cd(R). Or they'll say "We LOVE you!" or "We LOVE ALL OUR FANS!" And of course some bands put out albums full of super-compressed, dry, boring love songs (I gotta get the playlist from my dentist's office in order to be specific on this point). This is getting me all riled.
Logged
I am older now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up