Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: the band i hate the most  (Read 34134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006, 11:50:44 am »

It may be because I'm still at fuck*ng work and have been here overnight for the past 6 fuck*ng hours, but man that Mary Worth cartoon made me laugh so hard I teared up a little bit. 

There's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

fuck*ng Mary Worth, now there's some hate right there.

Fuck 50 cent too, can he even open his damned jaw?  Is that even possible for him?

Fuck Moby.  It's not about his veganism or anything else other than the fact that he's a corporate whore who attempts to be an "outsider" at the same time.  How many songs did you sell this last minute Moby?  Did you sell them to companies that go against your eco-friendly stance?  I bet you fuck*ng did, sucker of Satan's Cock!  BLRGWGUUUERRHH  </Bill Hicks>

Seriously folks, this is what you get for me still being awake; you have to share this pain.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 03:14:14 pm »

Wait, so you're telling me that the Black Eyed Peas aren't a band that Best Buy made up for those commercials? When was anybody going to tell me this?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006, 04:15:49 pm »

No, no, no, people.  You can't truly hate Nickelback unless you lived in Canada when they first made it big here.  See, we had a period where Nickelback was the only music played on every radio station in our entire country.  Their success spawned so many other horrible bands out there that sounded exactly like Nickelback.  The only Nickelback clone that I can remember right now is Three Days Grace, and they were exactly like Nickelback except that their lead singer didn't look like Jesus.  We had to suffer through a year of Nickelback, then their album was released in the U.S. and there was a resurgence.  Fuck you Nickelback.  You suck.  You suck!  Oh, I hate them so much.

Ditto to Creed, but they're such an easy mark...

I hate The Pussy Cat Dolls.  Fuck that shit.  That song "Don't Cha?" - it the the epitome of garbage.  I miss the days where silicone injected whores were relegated to the pages of magazines.  Video killed the radio star, people.  Video killed the radio star.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 06:12:00 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006, 05:17:09 pm »

I'm loving the fact that, while I know what all of the awful things mentioned in this thread are, I haven't experienced their atrocioussness since I left that job. How fuck*ng awesome is that. Nothing to do with any of these nasty pop culture things in weeks! How I love my sheltered lifestyle...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 05:20:43 pm »

Yay!  Slink is happy in his new life, and with the wise choice he made!  You need to sit back, and have a tiny little drink from a tiny little can!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2006, 05:25:07 pm »

I think I might lose cans for this. but I cannot live a lie.
I own a nickelback cd. I was 13, and I hadn't listened to much music, and that was the result.
I repent wholeheartedly.


The saddest moment in my life was when I looked back, and remembered my uncle commenting "whose record is this? I like nickelback".
Because he is in his late thirties, and should know better.
He saw the Clash live. I'm waiting for the next time I see him to harass him, because I realized: Growing up in LA in the 80s, + liking punk rock, + surfer = (I hope) having seen some good bands.

Also, all of my friends hate Bright Eyes, and I do not like him. Partially because every girl I know (including my girlfriend) cannot see a picture of him without moaning, sighing, and faking (or... not faking?) orgasms.

EDIT: OH god, I almost forgot: pmcd9 (I still want to say your name is paul. is it paul? I think people call you paul.)
does your version of Day tripper end after like half the song, or is it the whole thing? if it is the whole song: where did you find it? Is it on a live album? I just found it somewhere floating in the internet, and it was incomplete.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 05:29:50 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 05:49:37 pm »

I think I might lose cans for this. but I cannot live a lie.
I own a nickelback cd. I was 13, and I hadn't listened to much music, and that was the result.
I repent wholeheartedly.

That's okay... I stopped buying CD's about eight years ago pretty much cold turkey when Fanning made the earth spin the other way. Someone who tried to determine my musical tastes by looking at my CD collection would think I was a might weird.

I own CD's by Billy Ray Cyrus, Trio, and Right Said Fred.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 05:51:38 pm »

No, no, no, people.  You can't truly hate Nickelback unless

i was going to try and finish reading your post,
but i could not resist the Urge
and i ripped my eyeballs out of their sockets and set them on fire.

i have no eyeballs,
i hate that band.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2006, 06:10:22 pm »

theinevitable - yes, he is indeed Paul - Paul, the mustachioed man.


There is no need to apologize for things you did before you were old enough to know better.

Indeed, if you want to talk "deeply embarrassing things we liked when we were young," the first cassette I ever purchased with my own money was the first self-titled Richard Marx album in 1987.  It fills me with such deep shame.  Look at that mullet! Look at him!  Ha, ha, haaaa!  Stupid little nine year old me.  I even went on to buy his next album "Repeat Offender."  How's that for a self-revealing album title?  I was 10ish at the time and Indeed I Should Have Know Better (if anyone gets this joke, I'm sorry.  So very sorry.  For you.  And for me).  

If I saw Richard Marx on the street, I'd have to punch him in the face for somehow having seduced me into enjoying his suckiness.  Fuck you Richard Marx.  Fuck yoooooou.

Also, ark, even though I know you can't read this, I'm sorry I blinded you.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 06:15:49 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2006, 07:29:09 pm »

You can't truly hate Nickelback unless you lived in Canada when they first made it big here.

Yes I can.

Yet another reason to invade Canada.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2006, 09:02:10 pm »

I guess I hate Coldplay more than Nickleback because I was Fooled by Coldplay.  I encourage you all to re-read that entire thread, it's classic TOUAMB and possibly our finest hour as a messageboard.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2006, 10:46:38 pm »

Yes I can.

Yet another reason to invade Canada.

Hi Leprekaun!

See, you can't invade a country that wouldn't/can't put up a fight.  That's basically tourism.  (As you are new here, let me make you aware that I do not like my country to be made fun of.  It's gotten really old really fast for me.  As you noted in another thread that you have a USMC tat on you man boob, so I'm sure you don't like your country being made fun of either, so I hope you understand.)

Anyway, sure you can, and will hate Nickelback, no matter what country you're from.  It's not an exclusive club.  The door is open.  Hate Nickelback.  Please.  I just wanted to point out that I had to suffer a whole extra year of having to avoid the radio and hating those damn suck-tits. 

Also, I would like to apologize to the rest of the would, on behalf of my country, for Celine Dion.  I'm really, really sorry.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 11:07:29 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2006, 10:55:52 pm »

Hi Leprekaun!

See, you can't invade a country that wouldn't/can't put up a fight.  That's basically tourism. (As you are new here, let me make you aware that I do not like my country to be made fun of.  It's gotten really old really fast for me.  As you noted in another thread that you have a USMC tat on you man boob, so I'm sure you don't like your country being made fun of either, so I hope you understand.)

Anyway, sure you can, and will hate Nickelback, no matter what country you're from.  It's not an exclusive club.  The door is open.  Hate Nickelback.  Please.  I just wanted to point out that I had to suffer a whole extra year of having to avoid the radio and hating those damn suck-tits. 

Also, I would like to apologize to the rest of the would, on behalf of my country, for Celine Dion.  I'm really, really sorry.

You know, that reminds me. My heart is still going on. To this very day.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 11:08:32 pm by side_show »
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2006, 10:59:33 pm »

Also, I would like to apologize to the rest of the would, on behalf of my country, for Celine Dion.  I'm really, really sorry.

Don't beat yourself up over it.  Neil Young alone more than makes up for it.  Not to mention The New Pornographers and The Band.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2006, 11:12:24 pm »

You know, that reminds me. My heart is still going on. To this very day.

Ahhhhhgh!  Noooo!  I'm sorry rrc.  I'm so sorry.

miles - did I ever tell you my sister spilled coffee on Neil Young?  It's true.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up