Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: the band i hate the most  (Read 34227 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2006, 11:36:19 pm »

I just wanted to point out that I had to suffer a whole extra year of having to avoid the radio and hating those damn suck-tits.

I can't wrap my head around the concept that "suck-tits" is being used here as a negative.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2006, 11:37:10 pm »

I believe you mean wrap your mouth around, not head.

Hope this helps.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2006, 12:49:49 am »


There is no need to apologize for things you did before you were old enough to know better.


So, does that mean that even though I still listen to them today and own all their CD's, including the newest one released last year, that I don't have to apologize for liking and listening to and enjoying Hanson?!

Oh wait...what am I saying?...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 01:02:55 am by sunnystar »
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2006, 01:13:44 am »

miles - did I ever tell you my sister spilled coffee on Neil Young?  It's true.

I think you've mentioned it before, but I'm sure the newbies will appreciate a storytelling session.

Gather 'round, children, for another one of Smells' tales.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2006, 02:44:19 am »

Nickelback does pretty well suk teh coq, but for my money there's nothing worse than Limp Bizkit.  "Yeah sucka hands down, tell me whatchoo gonna do now?"  What the FUCK is that?  Is that supposed to sound tough?  Cuz you sound like a little bitch.  The whole "They just don't get it" response to everything made me want to slap Fred Durst, and when he did "Behind Blue Eyes" I wanted to hit him with a shovel.

I own the first DMB album, and quite liked it when it came out, though I can't say I've listened to it for a while.  Haven't been interested in them since.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2006, 03:04:42 am »

I took So. Much. Shit. in 98 for hating Limp Bizkit. I was a social outcast for pointing out their fantastic levels of suck. Did they release a non-shitty cover when I wasn't paying attention or something?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2006, 04:16:15 am »

Did they release a non-shitty cover when I wasn't paying attention or something?

They did a cover, I wouldn't call it a non-shitty cover, It's a non shitty song, but in their hands...

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2006, 04:33:33 am »

I'm just happy that rap rock is over and dead and never, ever returning.

But that reminds me, I forgot Insane Clown Posse. They might actually be the worst group ever, and not a single one of their fans qualifies as a multi-celled organism. That is not a generalization, it is a fact.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2006, 04:41:12 am »

I have never heard an Insane Clown Posse song.  Never.  And I think I even have a couple songs on my hard drive.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2006, 05:15:46 am »

As you are new here, let me make you aware that I do not like my country to be made fun of.

No offense was meant, and I hope none was taken. And I can take just as much ribbing about my father/mother(brother?)land as the next person, so don't worry about that.

Hey, I took Canadian Politics last semester, so I know all kinds of things about Canada. Do you know they don't have a president?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2006, 05:25:50 am »

whoa whoa whoa, you did not just diss on the ICP! I be gettin' all up ins you with the juggalo action! Just 'cause you old, don't mean you can't understand our extreme young music!







But seriously folks, they are a bad band. I agree with what has been said reguarding this. The thing above would have been funnier if I'd tried to Intellectualize it, but... I cannot. They cannot be made to sound in any way worthwhile, to anyone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2006, 05:26:50 am »

Do you know they don't have a president?

i was tempted to look that fact up on the internet,
but i couldn't,

because

NICKELBACK STOLE MY EYES

i was so sad i could not verify the presidential status of canananananda,
that i wept.

only,

my tears were blood,
and came from my ears.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2006, 05:39:17 am »

i'm so very, very sorry that i have caused psychological relapses in people on the internet.
unfortunately,
i seem to have that effect.

regardless,
paul,
i agree.

my problem with nickelback is not my normal "oh, i hate this band, they suck."

--
ok, i went and sat in a corner and breathed for about 5 minutes to calm down.
merely typing their name causes,
problems.

no,
my problem with them is that i _really_ hate them.

whenever the newest song comes on the radio,
my hand clenches and i draw the resultant fist back.

this is not good,
i work with people,
in public places,
places i have no control over the radio at.

"hi, i'm here to fix your computer"
"PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T HIT ME!!!!"
"huh-what?! oh, sorry, could you turn the radio off?"

see, this is a Problem.

i tried sticking lit cigarettes into my ears,
before arriving at customer sites,
to lessen the chance of me hearing Them.

alas,
i have developed a Mutant Power that allows me to hear the song even without working ears.

it's quite disturbing.

i,
i,
i...

sadly,
i would make out with all of the backstreet boys if nickelback would just go to the motherfuck*ng cornfield.



From reading this I'd say that you only have one choice, you must learn to love Nickelback.  It's easy, just repeat after me, I (state your name) love Nickelback.  See, I told you it would be easy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2006, 05:47:09 am »

Welcome to 1984.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2006, 07:18:18 am »

I hate Nickelback.  And Insane Clown Posse and Creed and Limp Bizkit.  Rockin' The Suburbs (You better look out, because I'm gonna say fuck!) basically states the reasons why.

I'm going to toss out a different band here: System Of A Down.  I don't get them.  They make the same song over and over, only they whine about new things in each one.  I think this is called originality?  My perception is that people who agree with the statements they make (and repeat five times in what they call a "chorus") sometimes think that the music is worth listening to and they don't notice that they all sound alike (they do).  I heard a deejay here defend them in comparison with Creed, and I didn't understand how they were different, but he seemed to think there was a big one.  Do you know this difference?

Early Dave Matthews Band was something I liked a lot, because they came from jazz backgrounds and I played jazz at the time and I could hear it in them and that was neat.  Remember Two Things is still one of my favorite albums.  As they got bigger they left the jazz behind.  They were one of those bands that I kept buying new CDs for a while out of tradition's sake, but really by Crash they weren't the band I liked at the beginning.  I haven't even bothered finding out what their new stuff sounds like, but like all Bands You Liked In College, there's a soft spot in there.

But back to the hatred: Puff Daddy or whatever the hell he calls himself now (Diddy?).  This man has millions of dollars because he took old, good songs, and recorded himself saying "Uh huh, yeah" and another drum track.  This man tampered with Zeppelin.  This man pays another man to follow him around, carry his three cellphones, and answer them for him.  If his friend (who had some talent) hadn't been shot, this man would still be a nobody.  See also: Will Smith.

Also rage-inducing, but not to the point of prose: Master P.  Ashlee Simpson.  Fiona "Get this girl a sandwich STAT!" Apple.  The Cherry Poppin' Daddies.  BritneyMandyJessicaItGirlWhoCan'tSingButLookAtHerTittiesOfThisWeek.  Toby Keith.

My embarassing early album: Bryan Adams - Waking Up The Neighbours.  I was young and had not heard a lot of music that wasn't pop.  I am sorry.  I learned my lesson and I will know better in the Future.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up