Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: the band i hate the most  (Read 34173 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2006, 07:29:56 am »

My embarassing early album: Bryan Adams - Waking Up The Neighbours.  I was young and had not heard a lot of music that wasn't pop.  I am sorry.  I learned my lesson and I will know better in the Future.

Let's just go ahead and toss that on the "Things Canada Needs to Apologize About" pile while we're at it.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2006, 02:40:02 pm »

I admit to being a Good Charlotte fan before they got signed. They're local so I was exposed to them a few times early on. I don't blame them though since all their early songs boil down to "fuck we're poor. I hope we can sell out at some point because this whole working 2 shitty jobs thing is pretty craptacular." Also, the band members themselves never once claimed to be "punk" yet the most common criticism against them is, "they're not punk!"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2006, 03:11:54 pm »

Deep shame of my life: I know a guy who likes ICP. He also likes a band called "Fozzy" which, as far as I can tell, is some professional wrestler or another's Ozzy Osbourne cover band. I'm really not sure this dude counts as a non-protist.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2006, 03:41:12 pm »

Fozzy is the band of Chris Jericho (see also, our "ass clown"discussion) and they perform original (if crappy) songs. He recently left WWE to focus more on his music career, has been on VH1's nostagia shows a number of times and I believe has a show on XM/Sirius.

He was the first Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion and one of his catchphrases was that he was a "huuuuuuuuuge rock star."
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2006, 07:37:31 pm »

Fozzy is the band of Chris Jericho (see also, our "ass clown"discussion) and they perform original (if crappy) songs. He recently left WWE to focus more on his music career, has been on VH1's nostagia shows a number of times and I believe has a show on XM/Sirius.

He was the first Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion and one of his catchphrases was that he was a "huuuuuuuuuge rock star."

Jericho left WWE? To focus on Fozzy? I was at the RAW show where they performed live; some other wrestler came and broke it up. We all joked that 20 years down the line no one would remember what WWE was but everyone would be in awe that we saw Fozzy BEFORE they made it big.

But yeah, Y2J not being a regular is just one more reason to not get back into wrestling.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2006, 08:13:13 pm »

Deep shame of my life: I know a guy who likes ICP.

I have not been tempted to look up music from any of these bands until now.  They're so bad you're ashamed to just know someone else who likes them?  That's pretty awesome.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2006, 09:02:24 pm »

You know, that's the style with kids these days. All daring their friends to buy the cd. All posting on TOUAMB "Hey man, the cd is in my house." All racing to be the first person to try to listen to it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2006, 09:21:57 pm »

I have not been tempted to look up music from any of these bands until now.  They're so bad you're ashamed to just know someone else who likes them?  That's pretty awesome.

Yes. Dear god, yes. Like mentioned above, fans of ICP might very well be disqualified from being multicellular life. They're that bad.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2006, 10:53:27 pm »

Jericho left WWE? To focus on Fozzy? I was at the RAW show where they performed live; some other wrestler came and broke it up. We all joked that 20 years down the line no one would remember what WWE was but everyone would be in awe that we saw Fozzy BEFORE they made it big.

But yeah, Y2J not being a regular is just one more reason to not get back into wrestling.

Yeah. He was basically worn out from years of travelling and being stuck in the mid-card so he legit left after losing to Cena in a "loser gets fired" match. In an interview he said he might come back after having some time to rest if there's a storyline for him but he knows where his bread is buttered and will only come back to WWE.

Although just to fuck with people he's done a bunch of shit on his site like putting up an ani-gif of him doing the Y2J pose in front of the TNA logo and posting a countdown timer to TNA's Bound for Glory PPV. And TNA has been name dropping him like fricken crazy.
Logged

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2006, 04:07:04 am »

Not at all a scientifically representative sample, but that guy who just went on the homo-stab run-n'-gun rampage a few days ago, who later got into a gunfight with police where he killed a cop and one civilian..... you guessed it...

he was a juggalo.

One of the news agencies linked to his myspace page, where he could be seen wearing ICP clothes and went by the name of Jake Jeckyl (I think that was the name)

I have nothing against the band, other than they are crap dudes and their music is terrible, but they have got the worst lowlife scumbags for fans.

Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2006, 04:28:49 am »

this thread is wonderful,
and i feel like i'm getting to know each and everyone of your more,
and that is beautiful,
and all,
but

I HATE NICKELBACK

it's the topic at hand.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2006, 04:41:49 am »

I don't get it.  What is it about the fifth member of the defensive backfield that you hate so much?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2006, 05:41:52 am »

Tee hee.

Edit:  OK, so I did have some ICP on my hard drive.  Seriously.  Long story.  And I just listened to it.  It's not like it's the kind of music that pisses me off, I just don't get why anyone would ever actually listen to it.

Anyway, I just freed up 60mb on my hard drive.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:52:10 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2006, 03:41:48 pm »

I also hate U2.  I am sorry, TOAMB; I had to say it.  I HATE U2.

Does TOUAMB love U2 or something? Where have I been? I'm with you on this one, U2 can eat a large one and does so on the regular while performing I'm sure.

I can't really think of many bands that I hate really though. I'm in the same basket as Paul, I don't listen to the radio much (ever?) except for NRP. I mostly stick to my PSP and all the songs I've crammed in there. I stick to what I know and like. Every once in a while I hear something I really like and I go and buy it up, there by adding it to my songs. But I'm not an adventurer as far as music goes.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2006, 04:10:36 pm »

I like U2.  Not as much as I did round about 1988, but still.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up