Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: the band i hate the most  (Read 34077 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2006, 12:56:01 am »

I have always wondered where Q's avatar comes from and keep forgetting to ask.  Proving once again that there is always a reason to keep checking these threads that mean absolutely nothing to me.

This might help womby.

Though I'm sure Rheumatron will be by soon for the mocking of you.

[fixed the link—Cort]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 01:10:58 am by CortJstr »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2006, 01:17:48 am »

Oh c'mon Rheumatron!  I'm supposed to know about a comic that is printed on sheets made of dead trees?  I am too modern and up to date for such quaintness.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2006, 02:42:25 am »

The Simpsons actualy lifted Furious George from Evan Dorkin's mini FUN! strips.  There are so many Furious George strips.  I would scan them if I owned a scanner and had knowledge of computers.  Bascially the theme of the strips is that Furious George is... Furious.  Even better than the Furious George strips are the Myron the Living Voodoo Doll strips, which always shows the living voodoo doll having something horrible happen to it, followed by Myron, always horribly injured in the same way as the doll has just been, saying "I must find that doll!" 

I love Milk and Cheese and Myron is pretty cool too, but I don't recall Furious George.  It's been quite awhile since i've read them.  I seem to recall his music reviews being particularly side splitting.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2006, 03:49:04 am »

At the bus stop today was a poster for "Johnny Furious and the Uppercuts," with a photo of some very surly looking men staring threateningly toward the viewer.  I'm sure they're terrible, but the poster looked funny.

I once got to confirm a band's terribleness as judged by their flyer pic. Some band calling itself "NectarInc." The pale green flyer announced their presence at a show, a pic of four surly looking skinny dorks posing near some train tracks with their arms at their sides or folded in front of their chests, the lead a guy with a big puffy hairdo, big black plastic framed glasses and Green Lantern T-shirt. Another guy was wearing a big sweater and had his hair all spiked up. At the club, they were dressed pretty much the same, were even wormier looking in person and their crap was the usual sort of mumbly mope-rock with droning guitar and listless drumming. The followup was yet another bunch of dorks calling themselves "Sons of El Santo" who dressed pretty much the same except they played boring upbeat indie pop and "novelty" songs (ugh) with droning guitar and gratuitious use of a violin.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2006, 05:36:40 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2006, 03:27:38 pm »

Thanks Aug - this site rocks.  I laughed, then realized that I am a bad person.[url]
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2006, 03:56:17 pm »

Smells!

I was starting to get worried about you.  Everything OK?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2006, 04:48:56 pm »

I don't know yet... I'm meeting with the doc this afternoon about my test results.  I just barely slept last night.  It's dead at the office today because half the city's closed down from the ball crushing cold, so I thought I'd be naughty and post from work.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a minor thing... we'll see.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2006, 05:18:19 pm »

I am crossing everything that it is possible to cross for you, Smells.  We all are.  You're our MVP.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2006, 08:49:42 pm »

Colin Meloy did lose points with me when I found out he was from Portland.  I figured he was from, oh I don't know, Portsmouth maybe.

~Paul

Colin Meloy lost points with me when I realized that he and his band both sucked.

He gained points with me when I realized he was from Portland, like all good-hearted people.

Edit: Sorry, this basically made me look like I don't give a fuck. side_show, I am pulling for you, and invoking various and sundry deities.

Also, I hate CCR.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 08:53:18 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2006, 08:40:00 pm »

Well. I'll officially state so here, I hate Belle and Sebastian.
I have avoided ever saying so, since so many of you seem to like them. I just never have.

BUT, I just got an album that makes me like one of them.
Isobel Campbell has done an album with Mark Lanegan, who as you all know is one of my favourite artists ever... It's kind of like Simon and Garfunkel, if one of them was a woman (I think one of them might have been actually) and the other had the voice of a  middle aged ex heroin addict. It's not my favourite Lanegan work, but it's most certainly my favourite anything with anyone from Belle and Sebastian. There shades of Nick Cave's better works in there too.

Balld of the Broken Seas for those who are interested.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:43:41 pm by slink »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2006, 10:05:26 pm »

I was about to post an "anyone heard from Slink" post.

Good to see you, Slink.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2006, 10:27:34 pm »

I was about to post an "anyone heard from Slink" post.

He only posted so we would notice the link to his myspace page.  Very clever...

Also, whats up with this...


~Paul
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 10:30:57 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2006, 11:38:19 pm »

OMD makes me think of Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark.

just sayin' is all.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2006, 11:59:10 pm »

He only posted so we would notice the link to his myspace page.  Very clever...

Also, whats up with this...

Damn you!

I admit I have been semi pimping my myspace site, although things are still so out of date or unrelated to my projects that you know... And the picture, well, what the hey?  All from a stoned idea my mate had. Unfortunately doesn't really work on LCD screens. I'm sure for my first magazine article I will do it properly. Or pay someone else to. Really it's all just a test of how many ears people can stand!
I just have too many sites to put together at the moment.

Anyway, off to the 'Dam tomorrow... Hey all for the now. See you when I sober up.

edit: Orchestral Who in the Whatnow?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up