Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: the band i hate the most  (Read 34108 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2006, 06:20:23 pm »

While wandering around the 'Dam the past few days, noticed a poster for Bon Jovi in the city, which was bad enough (he's on my top 100 people/bands to hate for sure) only he was supported by...
Nickelback!

Needless to say, I didn't go. I compared Rembrandt to Caravaggio while baked instead.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2006, 07:15:49 pm »

While wandering around the 'Dam the past few days, noticed a poster for Bon Jovi in the city, which was bad enough (he's on my top 100 people/bands to hate for sure) only he was supported by...
Nickelback!

Bon Jovi are King of the Hair Metal bands.  Not exactly high praise, but it's something.  Nickleback are just shit, they ain't nothin'.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2006, 08:43:01 pm »

Bon Jovi are King of the Hair Metal bands.  Not exactly high praise, but it's something.  Nickleback are just shit, they ain't nothin'.

~Paul

Yea, at least Hair Metal has camp value, which is something Nickleback lacks. Have I said I do not like Nickleback? If not, I'd like to to say so now. The Hell I'll listen to Nickleback.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2006, 09:32:33 pm »

Hey Slink - was Scott Stapp on the bill? Because I hate him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2006, 03:34:26 pm »

I would like to think I'm a big enough boy now to not let a kiddie group like Fallout Boy bother me much.

But I'm not. My hate for them is transcendental. I've invented a new form of hate exclusively for them.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2006, 04:56:05 pm »

Also, Slink - do you ever check your messages? Or should I assume that you don't wish to address my question? Or perhaps it did not go through?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2006, 05:23:24 pm »

Last week I was adding pornstars.  Now I'm doing stand-up comics and shitty bands from Ohio.

Let's see, so you added pornstars, but you did stand-comics and shitty bands from Ohio?

So you did you just go to Ohio and have the stand-up comics come to you, or what?
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2006, 06:08:33 pm »

Hey Slink - was Scott Stapp on the bill? Because I hate him.

Ummm. Not that I saw, but by god he does look despisable!
And I didn't reply because I hate you so.

It's the new forum,  and because I haven't exactly used it enough...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:33:37 pm by slink »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2006, 11:38:05 pm »

I'm in agreeance on previously expressed hatred of Nickelback, Bright Eyes, Insane Clown Posse, Good Charlotte, and most bands of a similar brand. I also think the jam bands are no fun at all.

But to take aim at a few bands that haven't been smacked around yet...

Eels - The songs are very middling. And a couple have sounded like they were crafted just to go into commercials. But I think what really gets to me is E himself. He just seems like the ultimate poseur in so many ways - not just as it relates to indie rock, but as to his whole self-presentation. I can only think of the phrase "manufactured weirdness". And lots of folks buy into it.

To quote Jeff Lebowski, I hate The Fuckin' Eagles.

although not the eagles of death metal. They can live.

And finally, I must apologize to my Jewish friends...

SORRY JEWS. MATISYAHU SUCKS.

Ya'll are still totally my doggs, and will stay that way if the Beasties make a better album than that horrid To the 5 Boroughs record.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 12:45:56 am by BatzRadio »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2006, 12:29:52 am »

I don't mean to be too much of a cock, but there really wasn't any reason to make that line so small.

Also, I hate CCR, Jefferson Anything, The Velvet Underground, and Dave Matthieu's Band. Plus the whole Rob Thomas thing and all sorts of stuff like that, but who doesn't?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2006, 12:46:58 am »

I don't mean to be too much of a cock, but there really wasn't any reason to make that line so small.

It's okay. I understand. You drink a lot and being a bit of a cock is just part of that.

You are fo'given.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2006, 12:47:29 am »

But... but...
I love CCR, Jefferson Anything, And especially the Velvet Underground.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2006, 12:55:17 am »

But... but...
I love CCR, Jefferson Anything, And especially the Velvet Underground.

And that's OK. Really. Many, many people do. I just don't happen to be one of them.

We are both good people.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2006, 01:28:22 am »

Yeah, jam bands. Some pack of beardy, dreadlocked dorks gets together with their guitars and a drum and maybe bongos and they give themselves a 'whimisical' name like, hypotetically, Banana Logic Collective or Deep Galactic Funk or SoulPopsicle. WHOO, jam band achieved. I'm reminded of all the times I went to a venue where a shit-tastic jam band was playing.

In one case, it was this band with a name that followed the [color][fruit][term for a group of people] naming formula, five guys up on stools. Guitar player, bass...noodler, really. A guy who alternated between a tambourine and a bongo. Some dork with a synth and another with a flute. A damned flute. All they played sounded like that background music for the Weather Channel's Local on the 8s, only with bongos and a meekly played bass guitar. At least no one had a banjo.

PS hows the old joke go,

Q:"What did one jam band fan say to the other after they ran out of pot?"
A: "Dude, this music SUCKS."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:49:33 am by LCB »
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2006, 02:30:27 am »

Also, I hate CCR, Jefferson Anything, The Velvet Underground, and Dave Matthieu's Band. Plus the whole Rob Thomas thing and all sorts of stuff like that, but who doesn't?

CCR is great but i'm so sick of them.  Even years later I don't want to hear it again.  Jefferson Airplane fills me with glee, Jefferson Starship pretty good for an AOR band, Starship, uh no.  The Velvet Underground is don't really get what the big deal is about.  Dave Mathews is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.  Rob Thomas..  A Scott Stapp by any other name would still suck so hard.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up