Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: the band i hate the most  (Read 34091 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2006, 02:54:58 am »

my friend who is an ex-jam-band person has this to say: the best jam bands are the bands that didn't try to be "jam bands". The Grateful Dead didn't try to jam-- they just tried to integrate jazz. Phish started out as some kind of prog-rock.

Phish are great. I'm sorry, but they are. Trey Anastacio is a fantastic guitarist. a genius. I am not a hippy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2006, 03:01:40 am »

Phish are great. I'm sorry, but they are. BLAH BLAH BLAH  I am not a hippy.


Hippy.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2006, 09:23:50 pm »

no, see, what I said was this: I am not a hippy.

it's ok, everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2006, 10:35:12 pm »

Queue never met a snappy retort he didn't like.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2006, 10:45:32 pm »

Queue never met a snappy retort he didn't like.

This is true.  I even dated one...  twice.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2006, 11:14:06 pm »

This is true.  I even dated one...  twice.

Both times, she left him for a clever jibe.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2006, 11:19:31 pm »

I knew she didn't have the taste for a Witty Bon Mot like me.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2006, 12:23:11 am »

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2006, 12:25:51 am »

Nabu have I told you lately how glad I am that you are back?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2006, 12:27:33 am »

Nabu have I told you lately how glad I am that you are back?

I was going to say something like this.  Thank you Wombat for saving me the trouble.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2006, 12:53:36 am »

But don't worry Nabu, Paul does not mean it in a Maximum Cuddles kind of way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: the band i hate the most
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2006, 06:03:45 pm »

holy crap i hate me some Creed and Creed-related ear feces,
but Nickelback is still making me want to go collect dried leaves
and other sundry kindling materials to start a small fire to stoke
into a larger fire to use to heat pointed pieces of metal to
red hottedness with which to cauterize my auditorial nerve endings
with.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up