With Pittsburgh being not all that far from Detroit, Steeler fans being all over the frickin' place, and the Steeler fan base generally being more rabid, I think they were more willing to pay inflated prices from ticket brokers and the like. Also, the "city of Detroit" got a number of tickets; not sure how they handed them out, but I'm sure they were taken by bandwagon-jumping native-son Jerome Bettis fans. Hence the pro-Steeler turnout.
There were four iffy calls by my count, none spectacularly awful, but they all went against the Seahawks. That drive where they started at their own 2, as it was happening I thought we were witnessing one of the all-time great Super Bowl drives. They completed a pass to the 1 and I thought for sure they were taking it in, but one questionable holding call and it comes way far back. Two plays later, interception, followed by the sweeeeeeeet WR pass, and that's your ballgame.
The ads mostly sucked. I think my favorite was the Full Throttle energy drink ad, for becoming more over the top with every passing second.
Every major American sports league calls themselves "World Champions," which is mostly stupid. If anyone can get away with it, it's the NFL, because there are no other serious contenders (sorry, Canada). There is an actual basketball club world championship, which is routinely won by the NBA champ, but they should at least wait until that's over before calling themselves World Champions. And while MLB and the NHL are far and away the most talented leagues of their kind, there are baseball teams in Cuba and hockey teams in Europe who would probably welcome a shot at the title.