Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: How about those Steelers?  (Read 8796 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 03:58:45 pm »

Yeah, how dare we talk about something as frivolous as sports, TV commercials, or webcomics with talking cats for that matter, when there are much bigger things happening in the world?  We all suck.  I'll go kill myself right now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 04:16:48 pm »

Yeah you're right Carlos.  I need to follow my advice to Ark and stop caring.  I caught part of the halftime show, thought the Stones looked and sounded pretty good.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 04:32:04 pm »

the Stones looked and sounded pretty good.

During the half-time show, were you actually listening to an older CD of the Stones and looking at a poster of Natalie Portman? That is the only way that sentence makes sense to me.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 06:04:35 pm »

CortJstr, I'm with you in that I also do not understand the title of "World Champions" when no one every competes versus anyone but their fellow U.S. counterparts! It makes no sense! How do you conquer the world without ever fighting the fight?! :sigh: The truth may forever evade me...

Also, I preferred Grey's Anatomy over the Super Bowl. And why not, since the Super Bowl was basically not that happenin'...I mean, how can you watch it without hoping to see Justin Timberlake rip off Janet Jackson's clothes in a halftime show?!
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 06:06:44 pm »

Oh yes, and on a completely unrelated note, I forgot to mention how incredibly happy seeing Biz Markizzle's avitar made me...Oh, Philippe, I do love you...
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 06:25:54 pm »

Also, I preferred Grey's Anatomy over the Super Bowl.

Okay, so what IS a "code black"? I really want to know but refused to let those ads sway me into watching a show that I did not want to watch.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 06:56:56 pm »

I will admit to being swayed - and I'll probably be swayed again next week, because of the DAMN CLIFFHANGER ENDINGS WHERE AS SOON AS THE CREDITS START RUNNING I HAVE A HEART ATTACK REALIZING THAT I HAVE TO WATCH THIS SHOW AGAIN NEXT WEEK EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT TO.

I will render this text unreadable so that those who do not wish to be spoiled are not, just select from

HERE to

A code black is a bomb.

HERE, and in the middle is the answer.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 07:04:23 pm »

Alex forgot to mention where the code black was! That was the best part! I don't know how to make my text the same color as the background and all hidden like he did, but if you want to know and won't be offended by hearing it, I'll post it anyways! Or ask Alex and he'll post it all fancy ##### like.
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 07:20:00 pm »

I thought the game was mediocre and the ads average.

I thought the calls were OK - that 'push off' in the endzone was kind of weak and we'll never know if Big Ben really broke the plane or not. The kicker for Seattle can't really be blamed because they never got close enough for him to have a high percentage shot. The real story of the game was the dropped passes for Seattle and some inexplicable clock decisions at the end. Pittsburgh won the game, but more than that I think Seattle lost the game.

My favorite ads were the cell phone throwing guy and the sofa-on-fire Benny Hill one which was just surreal.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 07:24:40 pm »

I will admit to being swayed - and I'll probably be swayed again next week, because of the DAMN CLIFFHANGER ENDINGS WHERE AS SOON AS THE CREDITS START RUNNING I HAVE A HEART ATTACK REALIZING THAT I HAVE TO WATCH THIS SHOW AGAIN NEXT WEEK EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT TO.

I will render this text unreadable so that those who do not wish to be spoiled are not, just select from

HERE to

A code black is a bomb.

HERE, and in the middle is the answer.

This was exactly my reaction.  The rest of my family already watches this show, so I have some nodding familiarity with it.  Promos looked go, so why not -- I'd already written off the day to couch time anyhow (as befits Super Sunday).

Not bad, but a cliffhanger after that level of hype is just a fuck*ng low shenanigan.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 08:16:06 pm »

You all should have been watching the Puppy Bowl instead!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 08:47:46 pm »

Maybe if it had a code black I would have watched the puppy bowl.

And yes someone please tell me where the code black was; this is so much better than actually having to sit through a TV show.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 09:24:21 pm »

I am sorry to everyone, but it was asked, so I oblige...the code black was IN A MAN'S CHEST! Some guy and his best friend created a homemade bazooka and a bomb to shoot from it and when the bomb didn't go off after shooting the bazooka he ventured to the front of it to figure out what went wrong and THAT'S when the dang thing decided to blow! GO FIGURE! Except :drum roll....: THE BOMB DIDN'T EXPLODE! It just lodged its little damn self in that man's chest. So when they found out, they had to call the bomb squad. And now Dr. Grey is standing with her hand in the man's chest to keep him from bleeding out and also if she moves, it may detonate the bomb! NOW YOU HAVE TO WATCH NEXT SUNDAY! CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY LEFT IT HANGING LIKE THAT?!

Is it sad that I am truly this excited about it and can't wait until Sunday?...It's almost like I have nothing better to do than post on TOUAMB and watch Grey's Anatomy...
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 09:32:54 pm »

What I found so funny was that they evacuated like a six block area.  I mean, sure it's an explosive device, and sure if it goes off the dude and Dr. Gray aren't going to be any too happy about it.  But dang! It's not like the whole hospitals going to go.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: How about those Steelers?
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 09:37:42 pm »

Exactly - a homemade rocket shell, while clearly a problem for the immediate people, and maybe those people next door with the other guy's brain, is probably no reason to evacuate an entire wing of a hospital.

Also, if the guy made it from his yard into the ambulance before the girl put her hand in, isn't it pretty clear that it's not going to explode?  I mean, points for caution and everything, but come on.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up