Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006  (Read 7299 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:14:46 am »

ON THE ROAD TO THE GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT

Man, I just got to preface, I was smoking whiskey all day drinking drugs all night and I checked the achewood and it was old comic;

but, few minutes later, I hit refresh and it was newwwwww comic.

This strip - I won't go back and look - but it made me laugh very sincerely.

Then, at the last two panels, wide-eyed, I whispered, "HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT," loudly, to myself.

I don't know if this interests you, but thank you for letting me share it.
Logged
ACHIEVE

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 09:17:07 am »

And to think this series started with cell-phone oat totes. Truly epic.
Logged

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:24:52 am »

Ray army vs. Beef army?

I approve of this arc. Finally.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 09:29:06 am »

 Deffinitely grand stuff. I second the Beef vs. Ray idea thing. Men are of two kinds.
Logged
I am older now.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 09:32:19 am »

My favorite part of the strip is how Ray is about to enter into a fight with 2,999 other men, but his concern appears to be side dishes. Beauty.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 11:07:08 am »

The correct line is "Brain Tape Since Young Times".

I feel like Philippe's applesauce and pork chops, all going "Noooooooo!"

Damn Beef, Damn.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

sam_spade

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 12:43:33 pm »

Dig the cycle, dig the terrain, dig Ray's questions. Hella double-plus awesome. A++++++, Will Read Again.

Oh and, stay tuned to find out whether Beef, when "contained" (?!), wants to be a hero or wants to be with a hero.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 12:54:09 pm »

Nah, I don't think Beef's gonna build an army of his own to fight against Ray's. Even if we wanted to, I don't think he packs enough charisma to convince hundreds of cats to die for him. He's smart enough to realize that the best move is to side with Ray, become his first lieutenant – being Rodney Leonard Stubbs' son's best friend is no small thing.
But then, being Beef, in the end he'll probably sacrifice himself for Ray, all jumping in front of a perfectly spiralling bottle, all dying for the n-th time.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 01:19:59 pm »

Dogg it is brain tape since young times.

This one's just glorious.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 01:24:17 pm »

"Ray... I'm sorry ray, but I have to kill you."

The laugh that I made at this strip was the laugh that Roast Beef made when they recreated Cheers for him. My eyes got big, and I was a little too much excited.

I am looking forward to this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 01:26:52 pm »

6 FEBRUARY 2006

DEAR MR ONSTAD STOP THIS TELEGRAM IS TO CONVEY TO YOU THE IDEA THAT I AM CURRENTLY ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT STOP YOUR COMPELLING STORY OF TWO FRIENDS BOUND BY FATE TO FIGHT EACH OTHER LEAVES THE NATION ANTICIPATING EVERY NEXT MOVE STOP PLEASE MR ONSTAD FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO NOT SKIP ANY DAYS WITH LAME STRIP RETURNS WEDNESDAY MESSAGES STOP DOING SO WILL CAUSE MEN TO WEEP AND BABIES TO DIE STOP SINCERELY YOUR FRIEND THADDEUS Q. SCHENKELMANN VON OELLERBETTERN STOP
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 02:18:15 pm »

Dude, the helmets and goggles. The helmets and goggles!

But wasn't Stubbs whole deal that eschewed this system of fighting and did the whole fight solo? Ray can't ignore his father's legacy.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 02:38:13 pm »

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

This is NOT going to end well.  I think we can look forward to Beef getting killed again.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 02:44:11 pm »

Yeah usually when Onstad has a strip the primary goal of which is to advance the plot, I nod my head and appreciate that he is a comic-man who values story and character; however, I don't feel as emotionally satisfied as when the comic is just straight-up funny. But this one is extremely awesome. Onstad appears to be on a roll here similar to that of Melville in certain passages of the final chapters of Moby Dick. Passages that just make you say, "Ohhh shiiiiit," because the author has clearly tapped briefly but grandly into mental circuitry that anyone who has ever had even a single creative impulse should recognize as hell of rare.

And the line about side dishes is really funny. Man now I am so excited for this week and the strips it is going to bring.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: Beef... .....are you in the fight? February 06. 2006
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 02:46:03 pm »

Nice carlosdelvaca and I just rocked the "oh shit" at the exact same time. That is what this strip does.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up