Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta test a humor thing?  (Read 5597 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 11:49:32 pm »

Hello Greg... I saw your avatar and felt like I had vertigo. Surely, I clicked the correct link on my bookmark folder...?

I had hot chocolate from my mug just the other day. I'll try to pop in the forums sometime soon. And I'll check out this new site after dinner.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 01:33:59 am »

A couple were really funny but I feel like I can only watch about 6 at a time before the repetitiveness becomes overwhelming. Especially the really short jumping woman one where everybody is doing XXX in 4 Seconds.

Until I got to the Achewood comic with Jack I thought those were all legit guest shots.
Logged

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 02:09:38 am »

Hello Greg... I saw your avatar and felt like I had vertigo. Surely, I clicked the correct link on my bookmark folder...?
Heh, yeah, I was on the front page of the forum and saw your name in a post. I did a similar double-take.
Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 02:53:33 pm »

In an obsessive fan-girl sort of way, I notice many of the captions on your site were composed by "Chris" and instantly thought: "'spinn' is a humour guy, who for whatever reason, choose to post to our message board.  Wait?  Does spinn know Onstad?  Are the captions by the 'Chris' on this page actually the captions of Onstad?"  I couldn't help but wonder.  Why else would you magically pop up here?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 03:35:45 pm »

Oh, no. Chris is the guy who does hlcomic.com.

I came here because...well, for the reasons I said in the original post.
Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 03:55:39 pm »

Now I'm tempted to see if there's a similar thread at brunchma. But I'm a lazy, lazy man.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 04:48:44 pm »

Oh man, I love Concerned.  I'll have to check out his captions.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 06:16:22 pm »

Oh man, I love Concerned.  I'll have to check out his captions.

+1
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 05:31:22 am »

Late, but not 120 days late: Holy crap, the DFC guy! Rock!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 05:40:58 am »

Late, but not 120 days late: Holy crap, the DFC guy! Rock!

Heh, that's kinda ironic since I just spent a couple aggravating days trying to justify the existence of my website's Wikipedia entry.

But, thanks. My ego dug that.
Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 10:44:57 pm »

Hold up - how on earth could anyone justify deleting that page? I mean, I'm not trying to boil your life down to DFC, but certainly that is seminal internet humor.

Heh, heh.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 11:41:01 pm »

Hold up - how on earth could anyone justify deleting that page? I mean, I'm not trying to boil your life down to DFC, but certainly that is seminal internet humor.

Heh, heh.

I think the argument is that DFC is wiki-worthy but Spinneweb itself doesn't deserve a page if the only noteworth thing about it was hosting DFC. I guess this is the problem with giving Scribs, Amusing, &c their own URL's
Logged

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 12:56:34 am »

Hold up - how on earth could anyone justify deleting that page? I mean, I'm not trying to boil your life down to DFC, but certainly that is seminal internet humor.
The only rational argument against was that SpinnWebe itself wasn't notable, but the DFC was, so SW shouldn't get its own article. But how many web sites got a sidebar in The New Yorker in 1996? Not many, that's how many.

But eh, you know. I know my site's not as popular as it used to be, so whatever. But it was mentioned on the AP wire once and by God that means I win.
Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: Beta test a humor thing?
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 03:43:09 am »

Interested parties may note that set 4 is up (four new movies). Whoever Firelily is, he/she is dominating thus far.

Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up