Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People  (Read 11473 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:03:41 pm »

February 8, 2006

Lots of plot detail.  It'll take me a minute to sort it out.

Still Lovin' it...

~Paul
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:06:49 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: The Other Guy... He's good People
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:05:00 pm »

THE_ARMPIT_SWEAT
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: The Other Guy... He's good People
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:05:39 pm »

While I think the remainder of the arc would have been a lot of fun with Envelope doing color, I love the manner that the plastic surgery gag was worked back in...

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The Other Guy... He's good People
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 08:06:31 pm »

I was just waiting for someone else to start it, didn't want to blow my load all over the place.  Thank you paul!  A can for you.


Okay, so what I'm most intrigued by is the items on the board.  Is a Wringer something to do with onion rings?  And a Turkey what?   A TURKEY WHAT DAMN YOU?!

Stad also likes the SKRITCH a lot, I have seen that sound effect several times here.

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Dr. Sodomy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • It's a Ph.D.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bepatient56
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Guy... He's good People
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 08:07:02 pm »

He ate part of his face.
Logged
"You holdin'?"
"Shit. Everything but coke, heroin, and your cock."

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 08:10:18 pm »

it is what it says, queue.  an entire dang old turkey.  for the brandy-soaked feast on the second day.
Logged

trouserbat

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 25
  • No trilobite, no cry.
    • View Profile
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 08:15:13 pm »

So, Ray "ate part of [Envelope's] face."
"The other dude? ...nice guy. He's good people."

Interesting strategy, Mr. Roast Beef.

Anybody else guilty of refreshing way too often in suspense, by the way?
Logged
Forget what you know about craveless nori!

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 08:27:42 pm »

Interesting strategy, Mr. Roast Beef.

Yeah, I'm not sure why he's so intent on building advance word of mouth for The Man With Blood On His Hands Part II: This Time It's Personal when he's laying his own ass on the line too.

But there's no getting around the fact you'd have to be the baddest dude in the tri-state area to ride in a fuck*ng sidecar to the Great Outdoor Fight.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 08:29:18 pm »

OH yes! I love this story more and more each day! I love the way Beef is operating. He's a smooth kind of guy and he knows how to play the pieces. Very slick indeed Mr. Beef.  So at this point it's obvious that Beef is taking control from the passenger seat. I'm guessing he's going to pump up Ray as he becomes the right hand man. I'm a little worried about Ray though. There is a high probability of him fuck*ng it up.

The clerk is also amazing. Pit stains (thanks mrchee), a mullet/skullet, aviators, he's perfect! And his expressions, he is damn worried about Ray. Gotta love it. Anyone else notice his arms are really short?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 08:31:03 pm »

I love how the whole arc seems to be trapped in the 70's. Mustaches, hairdos, Aviators, sidecars, sideburns, I even think I saw that menuboard every single place when I was a kid.

Also digging on how snack guy mindlessly repeats Beef's phrase with the mnemonic aid of a two-buck tip.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 08:32:00 pm »

*Straight from Cola to Whiskey.

*The expression of dawning realization

*Beef making "keep the change, you're good people" sound like a threat

*pitstains

Name four good parts of today's strip.
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 08:34:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure why he's so intent on building advance word of mouth for The Man With Blood On His Hands Part II: This Time It's Personal when he's laying his own ass on the line too.

Well, his reasons for building Ray's reputation are pretty clear. He knows it will help Ray win the fight if people see him as a leader going in, and based on a combination of friendship and respect for the fight and Ray's lineage he has decided to help Ray win. What's less clear is why he's building a rep for himself as a nice guy ("good people"); how is that going to help the two of them in the fight? Perhaps someone on this board is really good at strategy (people will not even play chess with you anymore; you have never lost at Battleship) and can tell us what's what.

I like this strip!
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 08:34:59 pm »

Honorable mention has to go to the Ray using the phrase "hot dog chef" referring to the concession stand clerk...

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 08:35:13 pm »

Man, when Onstad says he's going to post a strip at noon, you damn well better be there at noon.  What? we got like 50 people logged in right now...

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: February 8, 2006- The Other Dude? He's good People
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 08:36:41 pm »

Well, his reasons for building Ray's reputation are pretty clear. He knows it will help Ray win the fight if people see him as a leader going in, and based on a combination of friendship and respect for the fight and Ray's lineage he has decided to help Ray win. What's less clear is why he's building a rep for himself as a nice guy ("good people"); how is that going to help the two of them in the fight? Perhaps someone on this board is really good at strategy (people will not even play chess with you anymore; you have never lost at Battleship) and can tell us what's what.

I like this strip!

Good cop bad cop.

The intent: Beef the Baptist, he is the gateway to get others to follow Ray.
The outcome:  People will ally with Ray out of fear, but once Ray is in a position to assume supremacy, people will go for Beef as an alternative.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up