Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: February 9, 2006 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi  (Read 21828 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
February 9, 2006 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« on: February 09, 2006, 09:26:54 am »

http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=02092006

Pretty funny, but also disturbing in a way.  Beef takes this GOF pretty hell of seriously.  I can just imagine a room, with 3000 polaroids on the walls.....  and on each one a name, style, weakness, etc....

I think we have only begun to scratch the surface of one R. Beef Kazenzakis

EDIT:  Beef is wearing some kind of weird Smith goggles.  They are held on by a string.  A string, people.

EDIT:  Before anyone asks or accuses, I will admit that I am guilty.  Regulars will know what of.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 03:45:25 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:07:26 am »

I'm tellin' you he killed 'em. He eff*d 'em. He cooked 'em up. He ate 'em.
He ain't got a goddamn conscience. You understand what I'm sayin' ?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:22:30 am »

Damn, Beef is so hardcore it's not even funny and suchlike.  "You ran the dude's credit?"

Ray doesn't even worry about the fight because Ray is used to things happening for him.

Also Sound and Motion just looks like he needs and ass beating.  I'm just saying.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 11:51:08 am »

Also Sound and Motion just looks like he needs and ass beating.  I'm just saying.

Probably because he's a hippie, and a hippie is the worst thing anyone can be.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 12:05:25 pm »

oh my god
it is the first day
the first day of
the great outdoor fight.
*heroic music starts playing*

that is all.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 12:06:47 pm »

Beef sure as hell knows how to dress the part, those goggles are *exactly* what you wear when you are the guy who works out the technical details for the big hero.

So what are we thinking about the photos? From the way Perfect Ron Sipes is staring straight at the camera I get the impression that there is some rule about all contestants submitting a glamor shot or something, but that doesn't really seem in the spirit of the Fight. On the other hand if Beef managed to take these himself then that means at some point Sound and Motion was somehow projecting into the air that a lightbulb equals a butterfly (a Lightbulb equals a Butterfly! Goddamn you O and your perfect grasp of nuance).
By the way am I right in thinking Sound and motion is just one guy? He is referred to as 'one of those guys' but then it's said 'they always get in', I think the 'they' refers to 'those new age guys from Santa Cruz' so that makes Sound and Motion the one guy's name which, it hardly needs to be said, is wonderful.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 12:09:24 pm »

Emergent C = Emergency?

Light bulb = Butterfly??

When will the revelations cease?!
Logged

sam_spade

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 12:35:07 pm »

Why is Sound And Motion in the Fight at all? Shouldn't he be starting up an eco-friendly car company right about now?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 12:37:06 pm »

holy shit holy shit it is snowing out.
living in north carolina, this may be the only time I've ever gone to school with snow on the ground.
...normally they cancel school.


anyway:
this would have been a good occaision for a montage of strategies with no logical connections between them. like, hell of speculations would occur.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 01:47:56 pm »

What does D/Q stand for?   All I can think of is Dairy Queen.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 01:49:15 pm »

holy shit holy shit it is snowing out.
living in north carolina, this may be the only time I've ever gone to school with snow on the ground.
...normally they cancel school.

It is snowing where I live as well.   Since I live in North Carolina, this is not the surprise it might have been to others.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 01:49:38 pm »

What does D/Q stand for?   All I can think of is Dairy Queen.

Disqualified.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 02:00:52 pm »

Well Sipes came in 3rd last year so that could be a pic from the results on the GOF '05 site. I'd think they'd have pics of the top 3 or 5 guys each year. Especially if the final battle was particularly entertaining.

I'm guessing the back of S&M's picture has a website where you can buy his eco-tacular best-itutes.

Man, Ray wants to bust out Backrub Style. That would probably frighten some people away at least.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 02:03:26 pm »

holy crap don't even start!

That image is not from an actual picture. roast beef has memorized the faces of all previous GOF winners and runners-up. How could he not?


Edit: wow, I was not thinking well at all.
I was just easily excitable because a wierd awkward teenage thing was going on while I was posting.
being a teenager and talking about achewood do not mix.

so I guess I'd better get the next 2 years and some months over pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 05:42:48 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: February 9, 2005 - Sound, Motion, and Recumbent Tai-Chi
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 02:14:50 pm »

Well Sipes came in 3rd last year so that could be a pic from the results on the GOF '05 site. I'd think they'd have pics of the top 3 or 5 guys each year. Especially if the final battle was particularly entertaining.

Good thinking.  I was about to suggest "mug shot," but then I noticed that Sipes isn't holding a sign with numbers on it.  Anyway, I have no problem believing that Beef can get a photo of anybody he wants. We're talking about a dude who can figure out your wife's credit rating by watching you on tape.

If Beef isn't the Thomas Edison of handing a dude his ass, he's at least the Nikolai Tesla or George Washington Carver or Alexander Graham Bell of handing a dude his ass.

I also live in North Carolina.  There is no snow where I am.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up