Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMBIES AWARDS PRESENTATION  (Read 4343 times)

AlohaDawg

• LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
TOUAMBIES AWARDS PRESENTATION
« on: February 11, 2006, 01:34:54 am »

Awards will be presented in our patented 'Live' Cascading Post Format (TOUAMBIVISION(c)) on

Sunday, February 12th

8-10 PM EST

Your host for the Evening is PMCD9

Presenters include Wombat, AugustWest, Jough, V-Adore, and CortJstr.

We'll be using the existing threads for the occasion and the polls will be revealed after all the awards are presented. To accomplish this, we'll split the current comments off these threads. Discussion comments from the polling can now be found in Wild Card.

See you there!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 02:52:56 am by AlohaDawg »

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 605
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES AWARDS PRESENTATION
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:03:09 am »

Hello everybody and welcome to the 2006 TOUAMBIES.  I'm Paul, the man with the moustache and the camera, and i'm going to be your host tonight.  We've got a really big show and we're just about to get underway so sit back, relax, grab yourself a cold one and get ready for the 2006 TOUAMBIES.  We have a stellar line up of presenters tonight including AlohaDawg, CortJstr, V-Adore, AugustWest, Wombat, Jough, myself and many more.  We've even got a few surprises in store for you so we know you're not going to want to miss a single minute.  Stay tuned and we'll be back after a short break.

~Paul
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 605
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 01:11:14 am »

Welcome back.  We're just about to announce our first award, I hope you all have your acceptance speeches ready, but before we begin i'd like to bring out our Messageboard daddy, none other than Jough.  Jough is going to spend a minute to tell you about the ground rules for tonight's show.  Jough...

~Paul
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

• God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 145
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 01:17:06 am »

Thanks, Paul.

The TOUAMBIES are awards given by members of The Official Unofficial Achewood Message Board (TOUAMB) to other members of TOUAMB. 

Nominees were selected over a period of a few days by members of the board, sorted and tallied by our own accounting firm of AlohaDawg, and then the nominees were presented in a series of polls for voting by the entire board population.

The results of each poll is known only to AlohaDawg and the presenter in each category, and will be presented in turn here tonight, Sunday, 12 February 2006.  Winners in each category will receive a fabulous TOUAMBIE award, and bragging rights for the rest of the evening!

Winners are encouraged to use the award as their avatar for the near future, as a way of bragging to n00bs that they are loved!  Also, those winning the notorious awards, like "Worst _____" are encouraged to go away and not come back!

Your host for this evening is PMCD9.

Back to you, Paul!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 01:24:58 am by jough »

AlohaDawg

• LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 03:18:59 am »

Thanks to all the people who put some effort in to make this a fun evening of chatting and posting and awards.

Nominations: Jough, Carlos DelVaca, AugustWest, V-Adore, PMCD-9, Hobot, Side_Show, Hobo Frenzy and CortJstr

Host: PMCD-9

Presenters: AugustWest, Jough, CortJstr, V-Adore, Wombat, PMCD9 and myself

BoardHost/BigDaddy: Jough

To everyone who voted, and who enjoy this place, these people and the stuff we get up to on a daily basis, thanks for contributing the energy required to keep it going.

See you all next year at the TOUAMBIES for 2006.

Pages: [1]   Go Up