Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mr/Ms Congeniality Discussion  (Read 5771 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Mr/Ms Congeniality Discussion
« on: January 17, 2006, 08:02:37 pm »

Isn't location a good reason to want to meet someone, though?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:20:24 pm »

It wasn't Hobot or Side_Show, so no, not good enough.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:14:50 pm »

Oh my, perhaps I shouldn't have posted that photo of myself...
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 03:08:01 pm »

It wasn't Hobot or Side_Show, so no, not good enough.

Oh no!  I was torn between nominating you or Paul, and I basically figured "someone will nominate AD for sure because everyone wants to go to Hawaii, so I'll nominate Paul instead."  You have to count the location!  You should be on the list!  I mean, come on, whoever nominated me clearly did it because they want to see glamorous Winnipeg, Manitoba, didn't they?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 03:24:59 pm »

Glamour is overrated.  I'd dig on seeing Winnipeg, home of Neil Young and/or Guy Maddin.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 03:36:39 pm »

Hey!  You know who Guy Maddin is - that's kinda' cool.  My cousin was married to him for about 5 years.  Also, my ex-boyfriend was in a few of his movies, in one of them you get to see my ex's wee-wee. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 05:22:00 pm »

And how is your cousin's therapy going?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 05:42:18 pm »

Oh no!  I was torn between nominating you or Paul, and I basically figured "someone will nominate AD for sure because everyone wants to go to Hawaii, so I'll nominate Paul instead."  You have to count the location!  You should be on the list!  I mean, come on, whoever nominated me clearly did it because they want to see glamorous Winnipeg, Manitoba, didn't they?

So if I lived in Iowa, I would be completely unworthy of nomination. It's not hard to see how it is when you lay it out like that....
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 06:17:04 pm »

No!  I was going to nominate you based on personality, but I assumed someone else would nominate you based on location.  God damn it!  Why do I have foot in mouth disease today!

Anyway, you were nominated by someone.  You. Were. Nominated.

I nominated Paul because I knew he'd show me a good time - it would be an easy night of fun to hang with Paul.  I would have nominated you  because I imagine you and I talking to the wee hours of the morning and you telling me stuff that totally changed my life path.  AD - you have the power to set people strait, (or anger them) through the use of very concise language.  A night with you would be all cerebral and challenging... I don't know.  I feel like you should be nominated.  I expected you to be nominated, and that is specifically why I didn't nominate you, I though someone else would do it for the wrong reasons, but that others would vote for you for the right reasons.  Gah!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 06:18:34 pm »

I would only nominate a lady for this category. Because that's how I roll.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 07:04:53 pm »

I have already said in the wrong thread somewhere that I would want to meet AD even if he lived in Cleveland.  And I would have nominated him except I was waiting to come up with nominations for all the other awards, and since I mercifully can't remember anything that happened in 2005, I never thought of any, so I missed the deadline, and now I see I should have sent in just that one nomination and I feel terrible.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 07:17:31 pm »

I would've nominated wombat had I not already met her. 

Also, Smells, I would totally have shown you a good time too.   But not NOW. Now I'm hurt that you didn't nominate me.  I thought we had something special.  :P

Also, AD, you can still add yourself to the poll, no?

Also, Paul is campagning pretty hard for this one.  The rest of you nominated folk better step the fuck up.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 08:03:32 pm »

Given I've already attempted to run a 'tight ship' and since I was not actually nominated (although some of you <did> self nominate. Shame!) and since the deadline is past and voting has started, I'll refrain in hopes that next year, the academy will recognize my staggering talent.

Paul gets style points for renting out the corner billboard, though.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 08:27:26 pm »

Wait - people nominated themselves for the "Person you'd most like to meet" award?

TOUAMBERS: KNOW THYSELF

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Mr/Ms Congeniality
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 08:43:48 pm »

That was self-nominate in the broader sense of several other categories and me not adding my name to this particular poll. I should clarify that to my knowledge no one self-nominated for this category...
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up