Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMB MVP for 2005  (Read 5317 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« on: January 17, 2006, 01:52:03 am »

Hey, what happened to Arkabee?  I thought it had been a while and I just checked, his last post was a month ago.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 05:08:51 pm »

....who nominated me? Thanks, I guess. I didn't vote for myself, but....sorry, I'm tearing up here.
Emotion.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 06:53:51 pm »

Man, it's hard voting for best people. I love you all, you know that? I'm happy to be the vanilla boring poster compared to which your efforts shine. It's all about being a team player.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 08:14:23 pm »

If we do these awards yearly, eventually all you excellent people will probably get one. Besides, just being nominated is pretty cool, wouldn't you say?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 02:13:37 am »

Dammit, I better start campaining.  I don't want to be no Susan Lucci.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 02:59:33 am »

Oooh, can we have campaign posters?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 03:09:46 am »

Oooh, can we have campaign posters?



As if any of us stand a chance against Ms. 94 cans here.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 03:34:46 am »

C'mon, Paul, I'm sure you've got a moustache picture that can go whisker to whisker with that.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 03:59:56 am »

Okay, as Your Message Board Daddy, let me just caution anyone nominated for any of these awards to please not harass your fellow TOUAMBers to either vote for or against you.

That being said, a little campaigning never hurt anyone.  Just keep it on the board, people.  I start getting complaints that you're harassing someone via PM or email and I'll have to lay some serious BANNATION on your filthy soul!

Can I get a fuckin' A-MEN?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 04:14:44 am »

An MVP candidate getting banned for newbie behavior would actually be hilarious. Well, sad because we'd be losing a potential MVP. But hilarious.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 04:26:42 am »

Okay, as Your Message Board Daddy, let me just caution anyone nominated for any of these awards to please not harass your fellow TOUAMBers to either vote for or against you.

That being said, a little campaigning never hurt anyone.  Just keep it on the board, people.  I start getting complaints that you're harassing someone via PM or email and I'll have to lay some serious BANNATION on your filthy soul!

Can I get a fuckin' A-MEN?


A-Men, and haleluljah.  I ain't gonna harass nobody, but I was wondering how significant a contribution it would take to influence the polls?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 04:37:53 am »

Well, it IS true that the tip jar connects directly to the back-end database...

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 03:23:19 pm »

Oooh, can we have campaign posters?



Oh my god - that creature looks so content to be held like that...

And it's so cute.  Soooo cute.

Although you are already buried in cans, I add another to the pile.

I will not be campaigning for myself.  Let my introduction of the term frotage, the fact that I pride myself on tearing a strip out of newbies, and the simple truth that I'm here all the bloody time stand for themselves.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 05:24:55 pm »

How does that thing eat? It has a face made for an animal 1/5th its size...
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
TOUAMB MVP for 2005
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 07:53:32 pm »

OK Paul, the Newsbox campaign slogan is awesome. I've already cast my vote but still. Good show.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up