Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disturbing Avatar Award  (Read 3507 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Disturbing Avatar Award
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 06:52:42 am »

I did find the Scottish Fold one to be disturbing - maybe you could post it here again so people could see for themselves.

The kitty loaf reminds me of that Looney Tunes cartoon where the big lummox of a dog loved the little kitten and thought that it was baked into a cookie. That cartoon is one of the Saddest Things.  It's on the Golden Collection Vol. 2 DVD set.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Disturbing Avatar Award
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 05:22:44 pm »

Well. no help now. Can't add it to the nominations. But when we do the awards thingie, the presenter maybe could do a retrospective of some of the more interesting avatars from the year gone by.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Disturbing Avatar Award
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 07:54:32 pm »

I recall that some of you did not like the kittyloaf avatar that I have. I also had a dancing Scottish Fold head GIF that was found to be disturbing by several people (most notably joughytrousers). Thoughts? Comments?

I had commented on it in that thread, but I didn't dislike it. I found it noteworthy... and I got at least one other person hooked on staring at it and saying "meowmeowmeow" in beat to the animation.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Disturbing Avatar Award
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 08:22:32 pm »

Hi, sorry, I'm back. Diabetes is hell on a guy. I've restored my avatar for the occasion.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Disturbing Avatar Award
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 02:48:55 am »

Yes I agree Mudokon.  I have diabetes in my life too.  It's all over my family.  I'm one of the fortunate ones that doesn't suffer from it.  But I know that it cold sucks a turd to have diabetes.

If I had diabetes I would probably die because diabetes means you can't eat oranges (much).

Here's me with my cousin with blue hair at his punk themed 14th. birthday party last year.  He's been sticking needles in his arm (and elsewhere) several times a day since he was 2.

He had a beautiful birthday cake but his mother only let him have a sliver.  A Sliver!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Disturbing Avatar Award
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 03:39:43 pm »

Maaan.  That kid looks like such a sweetie.  It straight up blows that anyone has to stick needles in their arms and avoid deliciousness for the sake of not dying.  Boo to diabetes!  Fuck you diabetes!  Fuck you!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Disturbing Avatar Award
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 05:16:55 pm »

I forgot to add, welcome back Mudokon.  Good to see you.

Also, thank you  Side Show for not pointing out my obvious campaining.  I mean sheesh, pictures of my young cousin with diabetes, how gratuitous is that?  But in my defense, I knew I had to really step up to the plate after that chia pet story of yours.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up