Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...  (Read 14647 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 01:36:14 pm »

Did I miss something or has no one mentioned that the guy Cheney shot had a heart attack because of a pellet that was lodged in his heart?! How's that for news on the situation?

I can see the headlines now....can you imagine if he died?! What would they say?!
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 03:28:07 pm »

They had asked for body armor prior to the trip, but Rumsfeld said no.


Edit: Take a gander at this. Since I work in security, I printed it out and taped it up on the wall around various other bulletins.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 03:31:33 pm by Jeepers »
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 04:22:41 pm »

Jeepers can you make a full version and post it on here for others to print off? There are lots of fliers posting in my dorm and this would make a funny addition.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2006, 04:24:17 pm »

Jeepers can you make a full version and post it on here for others to print off? There are lots of fliers posting in my dorm and this would make a funny addition.

Seconded.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2006, 05:29:44 pm »

Wait, he's black?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2006, 05:34:13 pm »



Rejected shirt idea.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 02:47:15 am »

"peppering".
"birdshot".

I would like to find someone who was "peppered" by "birdshot", and ask them if they refer to what happened to themselves
as "peppering" or "being shot".

--

The Vice President of The United States of America shot a 78(?) year old man in the Face and Chest.  The 78(?) year old man approached the Vice President of The United States of America from behind.  The Vice President of The United States of America turned 180 degrees and shot the man.

The Vice President of The United States of America, who has had considerable heart problems (and is on heart medication) to the point of having a contigent of medical professionals around at all times, had "beer and BBQ" earlier in the day prior to shooting a 78(?) year old man in the face and chest.

If you ignore that The Vice President of The United States of America was involved,
I don't know of a SINGLE hunter who would say that the mistake that was made
was made by the SHOOTER.

How, though, do you ignore that The Vice President of The United States of America was involved?

AlohaDawg,
I'm honestly confused by your reaction to the press corps' questions.

If I was the second most important person in regards to guaranteeing your family's safety at a National Level,
and I shot an elderly man in the face due to irresponsible behavior,
are you telling me that you would not question my remaining in a position of authority in regards
to your familiy's safety?

If I had accidentally shot a man, a man i knew and was aquainted with, and i knew that it was my fault,
becuase I made a mistake,
as long as that man's life remained in question, as long as he lay in the balance between life and death AT MY HANDS,
I wouldn't be able to do my piddling job, let alone look after the Best Interests of some 250+ MILLION people.

OBVIOUSLY, i am far different than The Vice President of The United States of America.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 03:18:14 am »

OBVIOUSLY, i am far different than The Vice President of The United States of America.

As am I. Obviously.

Since neither of us are in neither position, though, it's tough to speculate on what he should do or what's best.

I do think the question asking "whether it would have been more serious had the man died" is stupid on its face regardless of who is involved in the incident.


Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 03:51:46 am »

Thanks to Arkabee for nicely enunciating what was giving me a bad feeling about this. It's not that Cheney shot a guy, it was almost certainly an accident (as much as I like to concoct bizzare scenarios and reasons why it might not have been) and I doubt any real evidence of fault will attach itself to Cheney, but the feeling that there will be attempt to just kind of sweep this under the carpet and ignore it is a touch worrying. The guy is in an ICU and if Cheney is still at least 50% human (the rest being 20 percent blind patriotism and 30 percent *****) he probably won't be in a great state to actually do his job. When I'm not at uni I work at a petrol station and if I shot a guy I'd take a few days off. My job is not as important as the vice president of america's.
Actually too much of this post is fuelled by paranoia since those in quesiton haven't actually said too much on the matter yet (probably another reason for the wide range of reactions).

Oh the press are still total bozos though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 04:02:37 am »

As am I. Obviously.

Since neither of us are in neither position, though, it's tough to speculate on what he should do or what's best.

I do think the question asking "whether it would have been more serious had the man died" is stupid on its face regardless of who is involved in the incident.

Why is it a stupid question?  because you already know the answer?

i find it sad that i DON'T know the answer.  more importantly, i find it sad that i don't know how the Executive Branch of my country interprets the word "serious" in that question.

also,
did the reporter ask that stupid question before or after Press Secretary Scott McClellan starting making jokes (what i would interpret to be "un-serious") about the situation wherein the Vice President shot a 78(?) yearl old man?

because if the reporter asked AFTERWARDS, it certainly doesn't seem like a stupid question to me.

And 'Dawg,
if i'm being an ass to you, call me on it.  i'm not trying to be an ass to you.  i respect you.  i'm asking because i want to understand, because i do respect you and i do not understand your position on this.  i'm just getting hotter and hotter, though, the more i look into it.  i guess i'm pretty angry, and i am trying very hard to NOT let my anger at something over _there_ come out at you, becase you have nothing to do with what i'm angry at.

but, like, monkey brane and lizard brane don't get along all the time.

--

shit, i'm just getting more and more steamed.  i gotta go to bed.

but, before, i just gotta vent:

consensual, sexual relations are WORSE than shooting an elderly man in the face and chest with a shotgun.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2006, 04:14:48 am »

Ark: I think AD's statement about the question being stupid is because it is hard (for me at least) to imagine a situation where the answer could be anything but 'yes' and so it is a question that doesn't really need to be asked.
That said I've only heard that question by itself, out of context, so there may be a reason it was asked I am unaware of.

EDIT: I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing so just to be clear the question I am referring to is "would it have been more serious if he died."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 05:20:06 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2006, 04:53:12 am »

Arkabee, yes, Whittington (the man peppered by birdshot) is 78. If you need confirmation, ask. If you mean to use an interrobang (?!), by all means, use an interrobang.

Dawg, Arkabee is implying a very serious and fairly important question.

All, here's his question, more plainly and verbosely: Should you find yourself in the same situation (position, power, pacemaker, and party), would you be behaving in the same manner, or would you have made a different choice? Say, by reporting to the public immediately what happened, via the nearest channel (local TV, perhaps)? Say, by recognizing how much more drastically beer can affect you after four heart attacks and three heart surgeries, and declining to imbibe before handling a firearm? Say, by choosing to hunt quail in the wild instead of those raised in pens with clipped wings (as hunting should be as much about the friendship and bonding among hunting as about the kill, considering the comparative state of fresh meat availability in this country)?

Would you then consider the possibilities that perhaps you hunted for the wrong reason(s), made a bad beverage choice, failed to alert those you serve, and would you then in following consider the fact that you are a heartbeat away from the most important, influential, and powerful job in the world, and might you find that in consideration of the behavior you may or may not but appear to have exhibited, you may not in fact be fit to serve the three hundred million citizens of this country in such a capacity?

Remove the power, and pacemaker. Change the party and job to, say, Green County Commissioner, or Reform State House Representative, or Democrat Minority Leader. What now?

Please, please, take note that I'm neither insulting the man nor respecting the conspiracy theories surrounding the event. How do you answer, Acheheads?


The followup question I now pose: How would the current administration probably direct or insist a Libertarian County Commissioner, Democrat State House Representative, or Republican Secretary of the Interior to behave following the same incident?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 05:32:33 am »

Choop, without knowing the full story I think (assuming I was in his condition, including being into the whole hunting thing and such) that I would have probably acted in a similar way. I would want to make sure the dude was being properly taken care of before I went and told the press 'Hey I shot a guy!' and I don't think the fact that he was kicking back with some buddies (though it may have been in an irresponsible way, I don't know) is necessarily an indication that he is unfit for office. However I probably would, depending on how the situation developed, take some time off as I said above. This is pretty much how I would react were I a local representative, or were I me or were I a hobo (though I would probably not bother with the press release in these last two cases).
My gut reaction with your follow up question is that they'd be all over that guy like white on rice, but then I am a cynical little  bullshit of a man and I think its important to remember that 'what they should do' really shouldn't have an affect on 'what we should do' though i don't really think that's what you are saying.

I'd like some input on my thinking on this next part, not being in your country and all.
When i first heard this, without knowing all the details, my original thought was more or less, 'So Cheney killed a guy, he'll probably get off without even an investigation, I guess that's how the world works.' I think part of the weird reactions we are getting come about because other people thought this way and what they want re-assurance of now is that it wouldn't have happened like that.
I think what people want to know isn't 'Would it have been more serious if you killed the guy.' as much as 'It would have been more serious if you'd killed the guy, right? right?'.
But then maybe thats all just in my head.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 05:34:11 am »

Personally I'm finding it hard to get terribly worked up about this.  It was an accident.  They didn't tell the public until they were caught.  That's SOP for this administration.  Cheney and his cronies are crap dudes.  This is not news.  However, this is among the least crappy of the crappy things he's done.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Cheney took a fall for an accident after all the sinister and downright evil stuff he has intentionally done?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2006, 05:36:42 am »

I don't know where its from but I'm reminded of a quote about people not being able to wrap their heads around the big evils so they'll just go with it but they get hell of judgemental about the little ones. Which explains current affairs shows (not sure if they are called in over there or what).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up