Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...  (Read 14648 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2006, 07:26:14 pm »

I have to admit, if VP Cheney actually did wheel around 180 degrees and discharge the weapon (which I've heard one person say) that is pretty much as stupid as asking whether it would have been more serious if Mr Whittington died.

This story is fueled by a lack of facts combined with the nature of a large number of people to automatically disbelieve the administration. We'll know more when Mr Whittington hits the talkshow circuit and/or writes his book.


Edit:
Sheriff's Report

Maybe it's 50/50 walking up behind a hunting party and not announcing yourself and spinning around and shooting behind you without clearing the area first. I'd say both guys made unfortunate errors here.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 09:03:13 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2006, 11:48:14 pm »

I think there are too many views of this story going around for anyone to make an honest opinion about this situation. But who's talking honest? It's the government.

Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2006, 02:53:52 am »

The guy is an 80 year old republican laywer, even if he did die you think anyone who was there is going to say Cheney was negligent? I'm not talking conspiracy, just that no one who would actually be able to give evidence would want to put their buddy the VP in the shit over an accident.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2006, 03:39:31 am »

I don't know, if my "buddy"'s people went around telling everyone it was my own fault that he SHOT ME IN THE fuck*ng FACE, I don't care if he's the King of England, I'd be pretty pissed off.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cheney: I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die...
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2006, 04:56:42 am »

back of the front page in the Charlotte (north carolina) observer:
"Cheney could face charges if victim dies".

hooorah for investigative journalism.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up