Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?  (Read 21281 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:05:12 pm »

So, in addition to changing himself from that pasty heroin-chic look he had that we all loved to this steroid-fueled calamity he's sporting now, Trent Reznor recently did the voiceover work for a video by PETA about the fur trade.

What the hell happened to you, Trent? You used to be so.... cool.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 02:19:47 am »

Hi! I'm ***** roll call! You might remember me from my excited posts about attending a NIN concert a few months back.

Yeah, I am a fan.  But between the political posturing and this Peta stuff...well let's just say I wish the dude would have a relapse and go back to making the kind of music a dude with a drug problem would make (ie The Downward Spiral etc). Well...that's a terrible thing to say. I don't mean it. I think.

Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 12:57:08 pm »

I find it funny that PETA's biography of Trent Reznor's work fails to mention the giant pig head that featured as a prop in the "Closer" video, or the bear rug he used in the video for "The Perfect Drug." Apparently, those sins could be forgiven when the celeb in question wishes to cooperate.

And I liked With Teeth... a little bit. It's not TDS, or even The Fragile, but it wasn't... awful.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 02:31:24 pm »

Yeah, what happened to Trent Reznor?  He went from looking like the guy who got beat up by the jocks, to looking like the guy who beats up pasty losers.

Also, I have seen a scary NIN home video thing where Marilyn Mason and Reznor too turns chasing each other with a dismembered and skinned dog head... So basically, shut the fuck up dude.  You suck. 

It must be hard though.  You really can't top the Downward Spiral.  It's too good.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 02:49:51 pm »

Yet again Trent Reznor tries to steal moves form better (or at least more interesting) musicians:

See Skinny Puppy - "Ode to Groovy" on the In Defense of Animals comp.

I kid, I kid.  Although NINs recent work hasn't done much for me, I figured it's because I don't really listen to that kind of stuff as much anymore.

Except for KMFDM.  And Ministry.  And old NIN.  God I'm pathetic.  I'm too old to be doing this.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 03:53:24 pm »

I don't really listen to that kind of stuff as much anymore.

Except for KMFDM.  And Ministry.  And old NIN.  God I'm pathetic.  I'm too old to be doing this.

At least you didn't say MDFMK
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 04:05:52 pm »

I know you'd all be disappointed if I didn't pop in to say that I have no idea who Trent Reznor is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 04:14:07 pm »

I know you'd all be disappointed if I didn't pop in to say that I have no idea who Trent Reznor is.

THis is pretty much all you need to know womby.  It is self-explanatory.

Note: In trying to find the perfect sum-up piccie of Trent for womby, I ran across current pics.  I agree.. WTF.  Guy's a douche now.

Then again I haven't listened to him much since like 2000 so, you know, maybe he's been a douche for a while and I did not notice; because I pretend to have a life.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 04:50:40 pm »

THis is pretty much all you need to know womby. 

My word, these kids today.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 05:14:02 pm »

I was going to comment on the thread yesterday about how much I loved Trent Reznor's appearance in an ATHF episode ("Cybernetic Christmas Ghost of the Past from the Future").  But when I Googled the episode to look up some funny quotes to use, I discovered that the episode, in fact, featured Glenn Danzig.

In conclusion: Before reading that Reznor was/is (frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn) part of NIN, I thought that he and Glenn Danzig were the same person.

(Like Leslie Neilson and that guy with the white-hair-black-eyebrows combination on "Dancing with the Stars.")
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 05:16:26 pm »

(Like Leslie Neilson and that guy with the white-hair-black-eyebrows combination on "Dancing with the Stars.")

Phil Donahue? Ed Mcmahon? Martha Rae, Denture Wearer?

I can think of like 50 of those lookalikes.


Anyway Danzig was the guy who would beat up guys that looked like what Reznor used to look like.

Or to put it less confoundedly, I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE.  I AM SORRY ABOUT THIS.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 07:04:11 pm »

vs.
Crimson Ghost                                                     Danzig                                                        Trent Reznor                                   Peta



Danzig with backup from the Crimson Ghost would dominate over Reznor and Peta.


Damn, Danzig was so small back then.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 07:08:13 pm »

You missed the douche Reznor though:




Actually he kinda looks like John Kerry.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 07:23:46 pm »

[answering phone] "WFNM!"
"Yeah, could you play 'Head Like a Hole?'"
"NO!  Buy the album!" [slams down phone]

This exchange was repeated over and over during my college radio days.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 10:29:25 pm »

[answering phone] "WFNM!"
"Yeah, could you play 'Head Like a Hole?'"
"NO!  Buy the album!" [slams down phone]

This exchange was repeated over and over during my college radio days.
Replace "Head Like a Hole" with "I Melt With You" (which was already a few years old by then), and you've got a day in the life of my college station. 

It was a more innocent time.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up