Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?  (Read 21301 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 01:02:22 am »

I know you'd all be disappointed if I didn't pop in to say that I have no idea who Trent Reznor is.

RHEUMATRON HAS ACCESSED A RESTRICTED AREA. BEGIN GERIATRIC CONTAINMENT ALGORITHM. RELOCATE WOMBAT TO CAROUSEL. AT THE BEEP THE TIME WILL BE 00:00, 21 CAPRICORN
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 03:49:07 am »

why is it ok to like NIN? WHYYYY

I dunno. A friend of mine dated a guy who was really into them, and he took it all wayyy too seriously. she basically ended up in therapy because of him.

they are gross.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 04:18:57 am »

I'm the only normal person I know who likes NIN. But GOD is Trent crazy (and ugly as sin). Is it possible to hate someone but like their music? YES. Beethoven was kind of a dick, too. Shit, why did I make that comparison? Beethoven was WAY less of a dick.

With Teeth was bearable.  It's no "Fragile," but it does the job.

Downward Spiral is MAD overrated. Please do not shoot me in the face for saying that.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 04:51:56 am »

I like the song "Only" by the Nine Inch Nails. I can feel myself losing cans.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 04:56:19 am »

*****_roll_call--
I can top your "I wish he'd be on drugs again"...
I told my girlfriend that a local band, multiple members of which she is friends with, sounded better on their first album. that the new ones were too calm.
and that they should go back to making music like that.

apparently, the reason they were such good rockers is that they were all drug addicts of one kind or another.

so, that was awkward for me.
the first album was better, though. Now they're trying to sound all mature and crap.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 04:14:12 pm »

I like the song "Only" by the Nine Inch Nails. I can feel myself losing cans.

I'll stand with you there. It ain't bad. I mentioned to Sara the other day while we were discussing this that bad NIN is still better than a lot of crap out there.

That was before PETA, though. Now I ain't so sure.

I'm actually considering writing a letter to PETA asking them about Trent's past... carefee nature concerning animals. I like writing letters.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 04:20:20 pm »

I like reading angry letters that aren't directed at me. So if you really do write an angry letter and send it, would you mind posting it? I'm sure people would find it interesting. And then you can have a follow up with PETA's response. Just a thought.







**right on Golfhaus**
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 04:24:46 pm by Hobo Frenzy »
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 04:20:46 pm »

Oh, I plan to. Trust me.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 07:41:36 pm »

Don't forget to mention the monkey on the crucifix in the Closer video.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

StopAreClosed

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 10:04:13 am »

I'll never forget when I first heard "Closer" on the radio. I was in 6th Grade, driving in the car with my dad and that song was so much more sinster than everything else on at the time. Oh and the whole "I want to fuck you like an animal . . ." part, that was badass when swearing was still cool. As for that what does Peta think of that? Do they condone the fuck*ng of animals, or is that not up to code these days?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 01:32:00 pm »

As long as the animal gives consent, it's fine.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 01:51:17 pm »

I always understood that to mean "I want to fuck you like an animal would fuck another animal," not "I want to fuck you like I, a human, would fuck an animal." But, hey, it's Art. You interpret it any way you want, and the good Lord will provide.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 01:55:31 pm »

Hrmmm... great now I have some weird faux Victorian/Medieval version of Closer running through my head.


Prithee doth I desire to rut thee like unto the beasts
I desire thine quim inners
I desire to rut thee like unto the beasts
Thou gets me further entwined within my lord's blessings
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 03:12:59 pm »

all Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist playing the lute

all boars' heads on pikes surrounding the harpsichord
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 03:26:26 pm »

Prithee doth I desire to rut thee like unto the beasts
I desire thine quim inners
I desire to rut thee like unto the beasts
Thou gets me further entwined within my lord's blessings

mad props for that shit yo, that makes me lolz to the balls
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up