Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?  (Read 21303 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2006, 09:48:53 pm »

Wait, you're telling me that it's not every woman's fantasy to fuck the pizza delivery boy?

It may be, but still she don't want his dong in the pizza.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2006, 06:48:34 am »

It may be, but still she don't want his dong in the pizza.

~Paul
Now you tell me.  Where were you three delivery jobs, two restraining orders and one trip to the ER ago? (Hint: Let the pizza cool off a little first.)
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2006, 08:59:37 am »

Excuse me...just have to interject from a couple pages back.

Anyway Danzig was the guy who would beat up guys that looked like what Reznor used to look like.

I dunno...looks like Danzig has a glass...forehead?

(granted, the other dude is as big as three new Trents, but damn, he barely touches him)

Steely Danzig. Love it.

I thought the new NIN was one of the most heartbreakingly disappointing records to come out last year...but I also thought PHM whupped the ****** off of everything thereafter, so maybe I just don't want him to grow up.

Also, I delivered pizza for a number of years and none of that shit ever happened to me...I tried that stunt with the box once, I'm not sure what was worse, the resulting prison sentence, or the cheese burn...

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2006, 04:07:36 pm »

Yeah, the new NIN was awful.  There's a thread somewhere in here about it, with a link to a great album review which is just a screenshot of Windows asking if you'd like to move the entire album to the recycle bin.

But you know what - I really liked PHM as a teenager and even some of the other albums (I still actually think that The Downward Spiral is his best album) but I don't really listen to much NIN anymore because it's kinda cheesy when listened through the ears of an adult.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2006, 06:16:13 pm »

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2006, 04:45:25 am »

[NSFW]

Were the eyebrows absolutely necessary?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

psilogen

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉEEEEEE
    • View Profile
    • important information
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 03:03:11 am »

At least you didn't say MDFMK
what!

Guys, I don't know how to feel about this place if MDFMK fans aren't welcome.

(C'mon, man. "Missing Time". Badass.)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2006, 03:32:28 am »

What makes you think we care how you feel?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

psilogen

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉEEEEEE
    • View Profile
    • important information
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2006, 08:09:46 am »

What makes you think we care how you feel?
A fundamental belief in the altruistic and open-hearted nature of internet forums?

(Purely hypothetical; I've been to (and participated in) far too many forums to harbor such delusions.)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2006, 06:38:26 pm »

FUCK YOU!

Also, NIN is playing outside of Portland in a month or so. I won't be bothering.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2006, 06:56:05 pm »

Oh wow.  Total flash back to my days at the underground goth club I spent half my early drinking nights at with my pleather-panted anti-boyfriend.  KMFDM, me in a black velvet dress taking No-Dose to stay up all night, and all these guys on the floor marching, not dancing, to "Drug Against War."  I swear it looked like inmates in the exercise yard of the psychiatric prison of the the chronically angst-ridden, not a dance floor.  It was a sucky, silly time, but I had fun.  Back then I was all about "The Downward Spiral."  Now I wear nice bright colours and enjoy the sunlight. 

I think Reznor and Morrisey should just get it over with and make dirty-ass-fisting love and get it over with.  Come on boys, we get it, okay?  Move to Canada, you can get married and have a nice west-Coast house and two sweater-wearing mini dogs, and live happily ever after.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2006, 07:11:44 pm »

I think Reznor and Morrisey should just get it over with and make dirty-ass-fisting love and get it over with.

I think I've read some of your stuff in Penthouse Variations.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

psilogen

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉEEEEEE
    • View Profile
    • important information
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2006, 07:29:22 am »

I think Sascha K should have disbanded KMFDM after the WWIII tour
Logged

Crun

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Hockey Zombie
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2006, 07:56:53 pm »

After a 10 year drought, NIN finally made it back to Ft. Wayne, and I had to see them, having missed them the first time (being too young, thanks mom).  While I didn't care for the new stuff, it was something I'd always wanted to see.  But yeah, Trent looks like a regular meathead now, the fuck's up with that?

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Reznor: WTF?!?
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2006, 11:22:46 am »

Ah, NIN the soundtrack of my youth. More like the unbearable background music to my youth.

All I'm saying is I hated them. Hated them bad. A lot of their fans were the whiny black trenchcoat and Lennon-esque glasses-wearing kids at school who decided that the reason they were shunned was because they were "out there" and "in your face" and "bold individualists" and they "liked to read" rather than "sitting on their asses watching TV like THE SHEEP". And it had nothing to do with them being complete "social retards" and "tools" and losers who mistook "behaving like total jerkoffs" for being "bold indicidualists". And I don't think Anne Rice and Piers Anthony count as literature, jerkoffs.

God money i'll do anything for you./
God money just tell me what you want me to


Anyone who wrote and or sung lyrics like that needs to be kicked in the face repeatedly.

And asides from NIN, oh remember all the awful NIN wannabes, clones and mimickers? There were a lot of terrible things going on in music at the time. But when aren't there?
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up