Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT  (Read 12424 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile

February 14, 2006

Beef has a Plan.  Notice that while all the carnage is happening in the foreground, the Stubbs crew is stealing off to the Northeast Corner. And the carnage is pretty gloriously rendered, what with the lead pipe and the sound effects and that one dude with his britches down.

But is Onstad trying to tell me that three dollars isn't a good price for wine?  Have I been paying too much?
Logged

Jeepers

  • Guest
February 14, 2006 - These men think three dollars is a good price for wine.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 05:38:52 am »

http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=02142006

The strategy begins, but I am distracted by the cat trying to best his foe by mooning him in the lower part of panel 8.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Man, I knew the GOF was brutal, but I thought RLS was a particularly savage case.  It appears that as a genral rule the GOF is a bloodfest.  What carnage.

Beef calls the shots.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 07:21:27 am »

I just unlocked this - I didn't see that it was locked for any particular reason.  If a mod locked this, please PM me and let me know what's up.

Thanks.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 07:29:51 am »

Oops sorry.  There were two threads and I locked one.  Then I merged the two together.  I guess it remains locked when you do that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

hoborg

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- GENTLEMEN... FIGHT!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 07:51:12 am »

So the plan is: Wait in the opposite corner 'till they all kill each other? Booooring! I can't see it being long before Ray gets too impatient.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 07:57:26 am »

Can i get that last panel tattooed on my chest?  seriously, i will pay money for that.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 08:13:41 am »

The mexican gardener with the pipe is priceless.

Also, The rest of them think that three dollars is too much.
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 09:38:15 am »

I can't decide if that's Perfect Ron somebody is getting to before Ray in the middle of that eighth panel...thoughts?

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 10:59:34 am »

I can't decide if that's Perfect Ron somebody is getting to before Ray in the middle of that eighth panel...thoughts?

Does look like him. But then, it seems that most of the GOF players share a similar physique... sideburns, mustaches, the works.
I can't see how the "these are the dudes you're gonna take down on day one" sort of schedule fits with this bloody chaos.

And I also recognized the skull on the gate from this.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 12:35:26 pm »

This really does seem life a Beef style plan, but not a plan fit for the son of Stubbs. Beef really is trying to hack their way through this, but it seems like it can't last.
Also I am waiting to see the little food vendors inside the acres, since they have to have something for the feasting on the second day.
Besides the guys who's asses have been kicked.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 01:04:54 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 12:50:05 pm »

What the hell is that little black thing in front of the mooning cat?

So far so good, Onstad. I also will consider buying a GOF shirt.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 01:29:04 pm »

Not only is that dude mooning someone, he also appears to be doing the chicken dance.

This is to be expected.  In the GOF, there are hell of styles used.  It appears that there are also hell of weapons used.

So you can just carry in pipes and baseball bats?  Perhaps they are strewn about the acres.  I couldn't imagine you are allowed to carry in any weapon you want.  Someone should bring the electric sword.  Slash some ankles.
Logged
ACHIEVE

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 01:39:05 pm »

I seriously can't get over the mooning cat. Through most of the panel we have well-rendered carnage, teeth being lost, groins being kicked into "gonna need Neuticles" territory... and here's this tiny little side image of a guy just mooning his opponent. And, yes, doing the Chicken Dance. Either he's the dumbest of our fighters, or he's really got huge brass balls he's already started to show off.

I really doubt Beef's strategy is as simple as "hie off to one corner and wait." He obviously has more of a plan than that; I'm sort of waiting to see it materialize now.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 01:53:08 pm »

The best thing about the mooning cat is the little face looking at it, that guy is just struck dumb by the power of the ass
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up