Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT  (Read 12409 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 02:12:44 pm »

I know 15 people have already said it, but the power of that cat's ass is stultifying!


Also, I like how Beef knew the EXACT corner that would be safe from the scuffle.  (I guess you can't call this a scuffle... it's like a SCGOREFFLE!!  AVEC MOONING!   But I'm calling it a scuffle so fuck off.  I love you.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 02:23:01 pm »

Seeing as there's boot swinging right up at the mooning cat I don't know how long he's going to last.

I assumed that Beef wasn't trying to hide in the corner or anything but just get away from the door. It appears that the fight began as soon as it closes so a lot of people are just going to get trampled in the crush regardless of how good of a fighter they may be.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 02:27:01 pm »

There is some serious 'Sack-Ruining goin' down.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 02:30:30 pm »

Yeah I see hiding in the corner as a temporary solution to avoid the initial chaos.

Looking at the pictures of people getting kicked squarely in the groin and having their heads caved in by pipes, I actually had a moment of feeling genuinely worried for our favorite cats Ray and Beef. Then I felt embarrassed and pretended to check my e-mail.

No better strip for Valentine's Day that is for certain.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 02:31:44 pm »

I love how the carnage panel doesn't make ANY sense if you try to connect the appendages. It's like a carnage doodle, really.
And yes, that would be an awesome tattoo.

I don't think Beef's trying to "hack his way through;" I think he knows what the good fighters have done in the past and, therefore, what works. Tiring yourself out in the initial fray isn't the answer. Don't waste your time with small fries; they'll get booted soon enough. They could be planning a rush.
I'm mainly worried about Ray's, you know, lack of ability. How's Beef going to cover THAT up?

I'm hoping that in the heat of the moment, Ray surprises us all. Even if he doesn't win, I want him to have a fighting chance.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 02:36:06 pm »

The running is definitely a temporary tactic to avoid the initial crush.  I bet about 1/3 of the ranks get thinned out in the first hour or so, right in front of the door.

Still waiting for other characters to make surprise appearances.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 02:52:47 pm »

One can't help but be awed by the intensity of a fight in which a man can leap into the air to deliver a double-handed blow to the head of some dude, whilst simultaneously being kicked in the groin by some other dude who leapt even higher. Dang.

You know, when I saw the mooning cat with the boot headed toward him, I figured his dropped drawers were the result of some kind of street-fighting move, like where you pull a guy's jacket off his shoulders so he can't move his arms. Or something.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 02:56:40 pm »

The brawl collage is indeed a thing of beauty.  Also, I hate to be the one to say this, but so be it.


I thought the mooning cat was preparing to take a dump on his awed opponent.

Now that's fighting dirty!

Yes, yes, I know I need help.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 03:13:14 pm »

The 2006 GOF, brought to you by Tide with Bleach-- "Get even the most adamant stains out of your blood-soaked wifebeater"
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 03:30:39 pm »

The cat in the middle of the carnage getting his teeth beat the fuck out, does he remind anyone else of Carl Veldt? I know it's impossible because Carl lost his brain to a bottle but it is a striking resemblance. The large black nose, the mustache, the parted hair, the wife beater, it's all there. I'll let you decide. Here is the strip in question. http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02032006


I still don't remember how to do word links. On the old bored there were instruction, but I'm lost in this new world.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 03:35:38 pm »

There's a little button to make links.  It will prompt you for the link and text.

Also, they're obviously setting up camp, letting the others know where they stand.

And Ray will surprise all of you naysayers.  He is, after all, BOC.  He has the ability in himself, he has just never looked for it.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 03:46:43 pm »

I love how the carnage panel doesn't make ANY sense if you try to connect the appendages. It's like a carnage doodle, really.
And yes, that would be an awesome tattoo.

I don't think Beef's trying to "hack his way through;" I think he knows what the good fighters have done in the past and, therefore, what works. Tiring yourself out in the initial fray isn't the answer. Don't waste your time with small fries; they'll get booted soon enough. They could be planning a rush.
I'm mainly worried about Ray's, you know, lack of ability. How's Beef going to cover THAT up?

I'm hoping that in the heat of the moment, Ray surprises us all. Even if he doesn't win, I want him to have a fighting chance.
bo
Ray has ability. The dude has icky moves. The dude has no mercy. The dude can take apart a Civic with his bare paws and do a backflip to boot. Ray boned Pat's sister's husband... SIX TIMES. The dude is hell of powerful when need be.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »

Why are people worried? What's the worst thing that can happen to Beef and Ray? They die again. Big whoop. It might even be good for Beef. If he dies 3 more times he gets a free room upgrade in heaven.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 04:17:57 pm »

Ray boned Pat's sister's husband... SIX TIMES.

Dude...Ray ain't gay.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: February 14, 2006 -- NORTHEAST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT STEP ON IT
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 04:21:48 pm »

Dude...Ray ain't gay.

Ahem

The question is was it a joke or not.  I suspect so, but hell, Ray can do crazy things when all split on green.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up